Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greatest start to a film

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
Jabawocky - First 10 mins will remain with me for the rest of my life...can't remember bugger all about the rest of the film though!

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
I quite liked the Die Hard 3 opening where they're playing 'Summer in the City' and then suddenly that underground train smashes out through the road.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
What happened in the first scene of Inglourious? I can't remember for the life of me...

Oct 25, 2003
What happened in the first scene of Inglourious? I can't remember for the life of me...

there's that french farmer that's hiding a load of JEWS (including the cinema owner lady) under his floorboards, and that proper evil nazi guy KNOWS IT

and he's like drinking milk and stuff going "ooh mr. frenchy, this milk is well good"

basically

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
master and Commander had a great intro with the suspense leading up to the first sea battle

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Star Wars. after the band strikes up, the background story scrolls by, fades to space, the planets, a space ship glides across, followed by gargantuan f*** off star destroyer. thats it, you are hooked in, you are there. consider the effect on a 1977 cinema viewer.

followed by Saving Private Ryan, only that was not orginal (see The Big Red One, a better film really)

this, everything else just pales in comparison.= (apart from the Saving Private Ryan bit because I haven't seen it :) )

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
there's that french farmer that's hiding a load of JEWS (including the cinema owner lady) under his floorboards, and that proper evil nazi guy KNOWS IT

and he's like drinking milk and stuff going "ooh mr. frenchy, this milk is well good"

basically

Ah yes. Now its coming back... thanks!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Star wars without a doubt:smokin:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I second Saving Private Ryan, Reservoir Dogs and Inglorious Bastards.

I'll also add Fight Club and Pulp Fiction to that list.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I thought the Inglourious Basterds one was quite good, it really gave an introduction to Hans Landa, and the ton of suspense he keeps behind that cool expression on his face, In fact, Christopher Waltz was the only guy I really paid my full attention to in that film.

What he said. That opening scene with Landa and the French farmer, a battle of wits against an almost silent backdrop, was absolutely gripping. Waltz should be an absolute shoo-in for the Best Supporting Actor Oscar or there's something seriously wrong with the system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here