Kitbag in Dubai
Shane - "Shane, come back!"

The Silence Of The Lambs - "I'm having an old friend for dinner."

Citizen Kane - Rosebud

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"Carrie"

Everyone thinks its all over and are about to put their coats/kettles on and as she tends to the grave - out pops a hand from the ground - made everyone in the cinema scream (some of the lads too maybe).

10 out of 10 for impact !

Yup. Only time I've ever seen an entire cinema audience leap out of their seats in sheer fright :eek:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
cinema paradiso ......, the home movie gift of all the censored kissing scenes,stitched together,a lovely film with a touching and very good ending imo

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That - and Jenny Agutter shouting 'Daddy! My Daddy!' at the end of The Railway Children. Both still make me blub.

That's a great scene - and it always brings tears to my eyes - but it's not the ending: there's about five minutes more..

My choice is Casablanca, of course, and Les Enfants du Paradis (probably my favourite film)

La Haine. I've seen it three times in the cinema, and on each occasion the audience have been shocked to silence. The only ending I can think of which immediately brings to mind a whole extra film of repercussions without the need or desire for a sequel.

Late Spring. I've seen this more than a dozen times, and I still weep every single time at the final scene.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Whaaaat??

That ending was so weird and confusing that Terry Gilliam had to get a 'Director's Cut' done separately, for the video release - and even then it made little sense!
For me, one of the worst endings - and of an otherwise totally brilliant film.

I don't know.....I really liked it....I thought I understood it but then I haven't seen the director's cut so maybe I have it totally wrong and it all ends up unicorns and roses :)

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Taxi Driver

Just a little twitch at the end and you know that Travis is going to go nuts again

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fight Club - First time you watch it it's the biggest headf*ck ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here