Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greatest Ending to a film

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
"Carrie"

Everyone thinks its all over and are about to put their coats/kettles on and as she tends to the grave - out pops a hand from the ground - made everyone in the cinema scream (some of the lads too maybe).

10 out of 10 for impact !

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
The Usual Suspects is bloody brilliant.

I've also got a soft spot for the anti-endings of recent Coen brothers films like No Country For Old Men and A Serious Man, where conclusions are not necessarily reached.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Good bye Mr Chips (original version)

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Casablaca is probably the most famous.
The Usual Suspects.
Sixth Sense.

Also for family films the endings of all Shrek films are a great lift.

Last line in Some Like it Hot.

Liked ending of The Thing as no one survived and you weren't sure that the Thing had been killed for sure and was not just lying dormant until someone else came along.

Sorry if I've spoiled it but you should have seen it by now.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
(where the chief suffocates the lobotomized Randle Murphy, then walks out the window with his body)

I watched this for the first time only yesterday and he did not walk out with Randles body..

He killed Randle, therefore "taking him with him" meaning both were set free.

Great film though:thumbsup:

Thinking about it, my favourite ending to a film is Usual Suspects hands down.
Shawshank Redemption, American Beauty, Fight Club are also brilliant.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hero

Somebody said it but the mist has the most horrible ghastly ending i can ever remember seeing,the film itself was so so but the ending ,total mind fk

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Angels With Dirty Faces
(where Cagney goes to the chair begging for mercy in front of the kids who idolized him, after telling the priest he wouldn't play chicken for anyone. Astounding.)

Good shout, although for a Cagney movie, I would give it to White Heat - "Made It, Top of the World, Ma."

Some Like It Hot.

The Sting.

Not giving the endings away.....

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
"Carrie"

Everyone thinks its all over and are about to put their coats/kettles on and as she tends to the grave - out pops a hand from the ground - made everyone in the cinema scream (some of the lads too maybe).

10 out of 10 for impact !

Watching that movie on night guard duty when I was in the RAF, I'd already seen it and knew the ending.

With absolute perfect timing, when the hand shot out I grabbed the leg of the guy sat next to me. We had to peel him off the ceiling and make him change his pants.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here