Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great work from the coalition

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't say that ,its every man and woman's right to have six kids, live in a council house, claim housing benefits, smoke ,drink and enjoy sky tv..... isn't it?

I believe Mrs Ashley Barnes wants to have six kids, but unfortunately her husband keeps missing the target.

*coat*

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The numbers involved are miniscule though in terms of the overall economy.

Serious tax evasion takes place on a far larger scale at the corporate level.
Yes but you have to remember that these basic facts do nothing to pander to the angry simpleton.

Angry Tory boy does not want to hear or even care that benefit fraud amounts to a tiny fraction of the money handed over to the banks in recent years. It is far more important to Tory Simpleton to correct the "wrong" that the woman he doesn't even know at the end of the road with 3 kids is living in a house almost as nice as his. She should be in the gutter and so should her kids.

533747_472149652818620_820946060_n.jpg

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Refreshing to hear Ian Duncan-Smith on the Today programme this morning saying, among other things, that families on benefits need to stop having children they cannot afford. He correctly points out that families not on benefits plan their families according to their budgets.

That's a nonsense, though, because:
1. people move in and out of benefits. What are they supposed to do: if their hours drop and they move on to benefits, kill the first born?
2. most people on benefits are the working poor, whose wages are so low they are entitled to benefits. The logic of this position is basically social cleansing; only the middle-income middle-classes and people with unearned wealth should have kids (Personally, I think it should be more of a priority to ensure people are paid a living wage, which probably makes me a loony lefty)
3. People who are seriously poor are generally in poorer health and live shorter lives (This doesn't apply to everyone on benefits in the UK, clearly). There's loads of evidence that, as a species, we have more children in these circumstances, almost certainly because it's the best chance of passing on our genes. Look how birth rates go down as nations get richer. It's not down to economic incentives or what politicians say, it's what we're like.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Fear not - I think the Labour rabble will be keeping very quiet after this latest triumph from our brave government.

Now I know you're taking the piss!!!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Refreshing to hear Ian Duncan-Smith on the Today programme this morning saying, among other things, that families on benefits need to stop having children they cannot afford. He correctly points out that families not on benefits plan their families according to their budgets.

Did he also mention something about people paying their taxes?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Yes but you have to remember that these basic facts do nothing to pander to the angry simpleton.

Angry Tory boy does not want to hear or even care that benefit fraud amounts to a tiny fraction of the money handed over to the banks in recent years. It is far more important to Tory Simpleton to correct the "wrong" that the woman he doesn't even know at the end of the road with 3 kids is living in a house almost as nice as his. She should be in the gutter and so should her kids.

Careful, that makes sense.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Of course, no argument there, mine was perhaps a simple statement on the futility of stereotypes in this type of debate,... the usual Tory Boy or Leftie comments don't help, but are inevitable on this forum.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Oh goody, another political debate, I wonder who will win this time and whose opinions will be changed. ?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I believe Mrs Ashley Barnes wants to have six kids, but unfortunately her husband keeps missing the target.

*coat*

Now that is amusing..... EP showing his human side..... mention him again however( I can't even bring myself to say his name) and I may not be responsible for my actions.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The numbers involved are miniscule though in terms of the overall economy.

I don't care how miniscule they are. As a taxpayer I have no desire to bankroll people on benefits who decide to have large families.

In fact, given the option, I would prefer that taxpayers did not stump up for any kind of benefits. Leave it to charities,

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Given that the previous poor quarters werent the fault of the government (excuses ranged from snow, a royal wedding to Osbornes butler having a day off), how can this successful quarter, when the country was visited by thousands of foreign tourists spending money, be as a result of the governments policies?

Enjoy sucking each others cocks whilst it lasts because come next quarter normal service will have been resumed.

Although that will obviously cover the winter period, so youd better start praying for snow. Or that Harry knocks up some sloane and has to get down the aisle pretty rapid.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Of course you are aware that this money that the banking system borrowed, is being paid back to the government, with interest, as the banks recover performance. In the case of LBG, that I happen to know a bit about,.. the current forecast is that they would have paid all those billions back in 2-4 years from now.

....unlike of course, the billions paid out on benefits, often to those not entitled, or frittered away in well publicised wastage in the public sector. Not much of that is ever recouped is it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
In fairness I think the "in living memory" bit is a tad over-generous

I put it in quotation marks as it's a thread title that was used on this very board.

It's certainly true of my adult life however, having known only three chancellors, of which it is staggeringly obvious that Osbourne is the weakest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here