Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great in the North stand today.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Agreed but I think some of us think they are better supporters than others.

Fans in the North Stand will think they are loud because they are in the North Stand. Those in Upper West will feel the same about their stand.

Not really, we in WSU will always look for the lead from the north stand, but if the WSU get going all together the noise is awesome because of the closeness of the roof.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not really, we in WSU will always look for the lead from the north stand, but if the WSU get going all together the noise is awesome because of the closeness of the roof.

I am WSU. Either way, It does sound loud to me. I wouldn't take anything away from the North or South come to think of it. I am nearer the North so I don't hear the south so well).

A lot depends where you sit. I went to Ipswich last season and couldn't hear the home fans at all. Apparently they were singing, we just couldn't hear them.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Hang on a minute, 'small town in..' Is always finished with something that doesn't quite make sense - that's part of the humour of it. Do you think it need be geographically accurate?!! We need you on the 'Joke de Jour' threads!

Exactly this, Newcastle fans sang to us - you're just a small town in Bournemouth last year on the train in response to Sunderland going their way!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hopefully it will be sung louder & longer next home game, always a treat to hear an old Goldstone classic.

Next airing will be at Hillsborough on Saturday. Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: fans will certainly hear it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Agreed but I think some of us think they are better supporters than others.

Fans in the North Stand will think they are loud because they are in the North Stand. Those in Upper West will feel the same about their stand.

Exactly. I sit in the East and I think we're the loude..... oh, alright then! :dunce:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
God these type of comments are not only truly tedious but factually incorrect too. Yawn.

This, WSU sounded good yesterday and it was good that it took the lead in starting songs as well.

I cannot wait until the NW corner is finished, just the fact that it not an open space anymore keeps a noticeable amount of noise inside the ground, once there are fans adding to the noise there as well it going to be fantastic

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This, WSU sounded good yesterday and it was good that it took the lead in starting songs as well.

I cannot wait until the NW corner is finished, just the fact that it not an open space anymore keeps a noticeable amount of noise inside the ground, once there are fans adding to the noise there as well it going to be fantastic

Quite a few songs started from the west upper H block yesterday and ended up rippling around the whole stadium , I won't mention who started It though:rolleyes:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Quite a few songs started from the west upper H block yesterday and ended up rippling around the whole stadium , I won't mention who started It though:rolleyes:

I'm in H block and thought atmosphere was excellent in West Upper. North sounded good as well. Filling in the extra seats will help. North stand looks loads bigger just with half of North East complete.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm in H block and thought atmosphere was excellent in West Upper. North sounded good as well. Filling in the extra seats will help. North stand looks loads bigger just with half of North East complete.

Aggree , north looks so much better . Going to be brilliant when finished and noise will be even better

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great atmo all round imo. The impartial BBC called it a ' thunderous atmosphere' and said the stadium 'crackled with noise'. I don't think we realise hoe good it sounds from pitchside etc..

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Great atmo all round imo. The impartial BBC called it a ' thunderous atmosphere' and said the stadium 'crackled with noise'. I don't think we realise hoe good it sounds from pitchside etc..

That's what counts the atmosphere that we create for the players we need to be the 12th player well done all round. Can't wait to see all the seats in and a 290000 crowd. :amex::albion2:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That's what counts the atmosphere that we create for the players we need to be the 12th player well done all round. Can't wait to see all the seats in and a 290000 crowd. :amex::albion2:

I'm not sure the transport infrastructure would be able to cope with over quarter of a million people. Also, a good percentage of those would undoubtedly be plastic JCLs. :)

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
anyone who thinks that your northstand was loud should of been down the Arsenal end we couldn't hear you ? Maybe it was the same for you but our support was good and if you were honest you would say the same thing.
Our songs were a bit more than you say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here