Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gray & Keys back in a job

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed.

However Gray has been caught numereous times about his outdated views on women. About 6/8 months ago he was "stung" in a kiss and tell how he would chat up girls along the lines of "do you know who I am? Come on get em off then you slag etc etc" funnily enough in the NOTW, the same NOTW that is part of the Murdoch empire and that Gray is now trying to sue.

He was always on borrowed time after that "kiss and tell".

Add to that the microphone incident (amongst others Im sure) and he can have no complaints. If I did that to a female colleague at work I would be sacked on the spot.

You just cant do that now in this day and age. Thank god.

5 kids by 4 different women tells its own tale.
And he shagged one of his mates missus.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well there's another 2 reasons not to listen to Talk Shite then. Like I really needed them...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Indeed and add to the fact that its the Premierships Liverpool (when they were losing to a european "minnow" recently)

And the outdated view that because Messi hasn't played in a Super Sunday against Bolton at the Reebok means that he is not the worlds best player at the moment and that Messi should look at that as the pinnacle of his career.

Stupid. Jock. Ponce.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And the outdated view that because Messi hasn't played in a Super Sunday against Bolton at the Reebok means that he is not the worlds best player at the moment and that Messi should look at that as the pinnacle of his career.

The frustration for me about England is that this view seems to have permeated to young English players, and why wouldn't it when they have grown up listening to this tripe about the Premiership being the height of a footballers career. We just seem to see player after player burst onto the Premiership scene (and an England cap shortly follows) young and full of promise, only for their career to suddenly stall. Why don't players like Micah Richards, Glen Johnson, Theo Walcott, Joey Barton etc ever seem to train on and get better and better? Maybe it's because once they have that premiership contract they think they have made it, they have reached the pinnacle, what else is there to train hard and improve for?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is Richard Keys is a NAILED ON Coventry fan so I bet he would actually love to talk about his team but cant due to the fact that there is ONLY the Prem League as far as Talkshite is concerned.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
All the slating of how Premier League orientated TalkSport is is fair enough, but would people listen to a league 1 show? Or a league 2 show?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
All the slating of how Premier League orientated TalkSport is is fair enough, but would people listen to a league 1 show? Or a league 2 show?

The point is that it is so heavily weighted towards the Prem that other leagues do not even exist. Its not about the Prem Show or Champ/L1/L2 shows.

The world revolves around the Prem. FACT. No other leagues exist FACT.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
the english league IS the best league......in italy and spain, many clubs have only 9k or so supporters in the TOP league. In the second divisions some teams are even B teams of those in the top flight.

Our championship league is one of the best in the world - definately in the top 6 or 7.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
However Gray has been caught numereous times about his outdated views on women.

A bit like 95% of the people on this, and every other football forum in the land.....and not forgetting the blokes up the pub or the blokes at work etc etc etc

get a group of blokes together and they will usually have "outdated" views on women. Get a group of women together however, and they will usually have very much the same opinions about blokes....but no one bats an eyelid.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A bit like 95% of the people on this, and every other football forum in the land.....and not forgetting the blokes up the pub or the blokes at work etc etc etc

get a group of blokes together and they will usually have "outdated" views on women. Get a group of women together however, and they will usually have very much the same opinions about blokes....but no one bats an eyelid.

Yes but to do it when you are "high profile" (and I do use that term loosely) in public expect to be shot at.

Plus it still DOESNT excuse the microphone incident no matter how funny/blokey it was. LIKE I SAID IF I DID IT AT WORK I WOULD HAVE BEEN SACKED STRAIGHT AWAY.

This wasnt in the pub with a group of mates. THIS WAS AT WORK.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The point is that it is so heavily weighted towards the Prem that other leagues do not even exist. Its not about the Prem Show or Champ/L1/L2 shows.

The world revolves around the Prem. FACT. No other leagues exist FACT.

But you can understand why they focus around the Premier League? The revenue generated by our top league is incredible. I'm not saying I like all the attention the Prem gets, and the rest of us don't get, but you'd have to be very naive to not atleast understand why it is how it is. I would love to get more recognition for our league, but I think we've timed it a bit late, in a few years time we could be in the Premier League and this sort of discussion would be confined to the history of NSC... no-one would be talking about it anymore.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh ffs.

Its MORE than focus. Its EXCLUSION of everything else.

I mean even Sky Sports News mentions other leagues during their bulletins.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why don't players like ....Theo Walcott, etc ever seem to train on and get better and better? Maybe it's because once they have that premiership contract they think they have made it, they have reached the pinnacle, what else is there to train hard and improve for?

Without being PICKY, Theo Walcott has actually improved DRAMATICALLY over the last year. Hence his performances in recent weeks for Arsenal, both goalscoring and assisting.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
the amazing Spanish league some of you lot think is better than the prem......attendances this season up to this weekend - look at the averages.

TOTAL HIGHEST AVERAGE

1 Barcelona (1) 12 864000 97000 72000
2 Real Madrid (2) 11 721000 80000 65545
3 Atletico Madrid 12 486000 55000 40500
4 Valencia (3) 12 428395 45000 35700
5 Sevilla FC (9) 12 388000 40000 32333
6 Athletic Bilbao 12 380000 40000 31667
7 Real Sociedad ) 11 261000 32000 23727
8 Espanyol (6) 11 259500 38000 23591
9 Hercules (17) 9 199000 29000 22111
10 Malaga (20) 11 230000 30000 20909
11 Real Zaragoza) 12 242000 33000 20167
12 Sporting Gijon 12 218000 24000 18167
13 Deportivo (12) 11 198000 32000 18000
14 Villarreal (4) 12 198500 20000 16542
15 Osasuna (18) 11 164500 22000 14955
16 Levante (13) 11 156000 25000 14182
17 Real Mallorca () 11 142500 18000 12955
18 Racing Santander 11 135000 21000 12273
19 Almeria (19) 11 127000 21500 11545
20 Getafe (7) 12 11 5000 17000 9583

half of them look shoddy in our championship. Football in Spain is a social outing, second to the sunday family dinner, it never captivates a whole city like it does in England.

Mallorca were 1 game away from Champions League last season and now only get 12k crowds.....this you just cannot get in England....it just can't happen.

....and crowds are dropping....the season after winning the WC.

http://www.laligatalk.com/attendance-in-spain-drops/551

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Without being PICKY, Theo Walcott has actually improved DRAMATICALLY over the last year. Hence his performances in recent weeks for Arsenal, both goalscoring and assisting.

He's not as good an example as Micah Richards, I grant you, but I still think he's valid to be classed in with the others.

My point with him is that he has been at Arsenal for how long now, 5 years? Yet he is still classed as this young kid who is still very much a work-in-progress. Of course he's still young, but so is Fabregas. Just seems to me that English youngsters burst a blood vessel to get to the Premiership, and then just seem to plateau. Seems to me that it is connected to our obsession in this country that it's teh be all and end all to be a "Premiership footballer" ovber and above being an "International footballer."

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
....and crowds are dropping....the season after winning the WC.

Ot maybe it's more about it being the season after the dullest La Liga campaign I can remember. The top two disappearing a mile clear of teh rest, was just so, well, Premiership!

Also, don't forget the economy in Spain is in a big hole, far worse than ours. Just take a look at their unemployment levels.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Its not that I'm demanding they dedicate an hour or whatever to League One. Its just the structure of the days programmes on there now means they bang on about the PL pretty much all day.

6am-10am Brazil and Irani = Premiership
10am-1pm Keys and Gray = Premiership
1pm-4pm Hawsbee and Jacobs = Premiership (abeit a lot more quirky, a bit of light relief)
4pm-7pm Durham and Gough = Premiership
7pm-10pm Football First = Premiership
Weekends - Premiership commentrys

I accept there'll be the odd mention of stuff outside of the Prem here and there on all those shows, but really, the entire station now revolves around one thing. At least with Parry taking the 10 till 1 slot you had a bit of current affairs and buffoonery to break things up a bit, but now Keys and Gray have got their feet under the table, its practically nothing else BUT TalkPremiership all bloody day.

I used to drive a van for a living listening mainly to TaslkSport. I can safely say I would not be tuning in any more were that the case now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Says something about the women as well....He shagged them, he didnt rape them, takes two to tango...Gray might be a top notch toss pot but this portrail of him as some sort of Glasgow ripper is just mad. Bet half of the birds knickers hit the floor before Gray got his cock out...Then low and behold a couple of weeks later they are in the Sunday papers, with their tits out milking it for all its worth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here