Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gray & Keys back in a job

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Isn't TalkSport partially owned by BSkyB anyway?

No own by ther Wireless Group - their presenters just plug Sky all day long incase they want a job there someday. Well from Tabloid TV to Tabloid radio, well done Richard & Andy..

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I predicted that the day Gray got sacked - but it's still a bit bizarre the slot they've been given.

At least Parry and Graham (one in a mad way, the other slightly less so) can and do discuss other non-sport issues on that 10am show. Presumably it now reverts to only sport again. Can't really see some new government report on sexism in the workplace getting much of an airing.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'd rather sit and watch the grass grow at The Amex.

I would all rather sit and watch grass grow at The Amex than listen to anything on Talksport, or anywhere else come to that.

But I'd rather watch rubbish blow across Selhurst Park than listen to Parry, Graham, Irani, Brazil, Keys, Gray and the rest on TalkpremiershipRadio

Women don't understand the offside rule, don't know what the players are for, what linesmen are for, what the goals are for etc etc etc. Women should only be at football to serve refreshments and to clean the WCs. Come to think of it they should be at home looking after the children and getting the supper ready.

Being serious now.. The BBC did not sack Clarkson, Hammond or May for what was said about Mexicans so why did Sky get so upset with Andy Gray?

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Very interesting considering Brazil said recently "Andy gray has a problem with me and i dont know why!"

Better appointment for Sky than it is for Keys and Gray in my opinion.

Yes he did! That will be interesting. Talk Sports main commentator and ex SSN presenter Sam Matterface almost made some interesting comments on air about Keys and Gray when it all blew up.

I imagine there will be a lot of back pedaling by their presenteres in the next few days as they all laid into them when it happened as apparently no one in the media likes Keys or Gray. I see Adrian Durham has already started the back pedalling today.

I will actually miss parry as he would have me laughing out loud occassionally with some of the crap that came out of his mouth and Clips of the week will never be the same

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Welcome back boys, you have been missed! Weekday lunchtimes will never be the same again, not sure how their banter will carry to radio but I am sure they will be entertaining.

On who will be taking their jobs at Sky, I've heard from a very good source Ben Shepard is a shoe in for the Keys role but they are going to give a number of pundits opportunities to take on the Gray role between now and the end of the season and decide on a permanant replacement in the summer.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Yes he did! That will be interesting. Talk Sports main commentator and ex SSN presenter Sam Matterface almost made some interesting comments on air about Keys and Gray when it all blew up.

I imagine there will be a lot of back pedaling by their presenteres in the next few days as they all laid into them when it happened as apparently no one in the media likes Keys or Gray. I see Adrian Durham has already started the back pedalling today.

I will actually miss parry as he would have me laughing out loud occassionally with some of the crap that came out of his mouth and Clips of the week will never be the same

Brazil never slaughtered them he just said him and Andy Gray have never really got on, he was neutral rather than negative but as for Adrian Durham he was slaughtering both of them a few weeks ago when it all blew up. I did think at the time I wonder how soon it would be before they would be Talksport fellow presenters! I wonder if Gray and Keys were listening in.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Being serious now.. The BBC did not sack Clarkson, Hammond or May for what was said about Mexicans so why did Sky get so upset with Andy Gray?

Andy Gray is suing the NoTW (part of the Dirty Digger empire) for phone tapping, and the Digger is out for revenge.

Clarkson IS Top Gear, so the BBC won't get rid of him, Gray is just a gobshite, no one will stop subscribing to Sky Sports just because he has gone.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
What a load of f***ing idiots some of you are on here.

Football is predominately a mans game FACT. The comments made by AG and RC are comments you would simply hear anywhere. It would appear to me that being politically correct is far more important than using common sense within the game. If women dont like it then f*** of and get into watching womans football or maybe you wont because its like watching a bunch of 7 year olds play.

Would love it if AG got into football management, became successful and then told Sky to f*** off every time he was requested to do a post match interview.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder what sort of paycut Gray will be taking after being on £1.7 million at Sky.

They'll both get about £1000 per 3 hour show apparently (Brazil gets £1200).
Works out at about £260k a year, so quite a comedown for him. Keyes was on £500k a year at Sky so he's halved his wage.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
What a load of f***ing idiots some of you are on here.

Football is predominately a mans game FACT. The comments made by AG and RC are comments you would simply hear anywhere. It would appear to me that being politically correct is far more important than using common sense within the game. If women dont like it then f*** of and get into watching womans football or maybe you wont because its like watching a bunch of 7 year olds play.

Would love it if AG got into football management, became successful and then told Sky to f*** off every time he was requested to do a post match interview.

:facepalm:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Adrian Durham = C0ck of the highest order.

Funnily enough on transfer deadline day I was listening to him (and Gough) driving home and literally out of the blue he said that Leeds were now in the chase for Elliot Bennett, where this curveball came from I don't know and it nearly made me crash my car! Obviously not wanting EB to go I then pretty much turned off all Talksport and SkySports, NSC watched something else that evening and I waited to log into NSC next morning to see what happened.

Got onto NSC the next morning nothing about Leeds at all, EB staying and only Norwich bids turned down (thank goodness I didn't bother posting about Leeds just to bring the EB transfer speculation to near boiling point)

You are right about Durham being a kn0b of the highest order but he did say straight after that if EB stayed Brighton would definitely go up and that the intimation I got is that he thinks we are very good (he supports Peterborough for those that don't know, eventhough like all the others on Talksport he drones endlessly on about the Premiership). Hope he is spot on there unlike so many other things.

I can`t believe all the anti Mike Parry comments on here,I think he is the most entertaining presenter I have ever listened to,like a real-life Jim Royale.I will really miss him.I actually like Talksport but I am really disappointed with this.What`s next, a bloody woman presenter?!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Only 2 reasons to ever listen to Talk Sport. Hawksbee & Jacobs.

They are a good pair, plus that comedian chap Andy something who often appears when one of them is on holiday.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Only 2 reasons to ever listen to Talk Sport. Hawksbee & Jacobs.

This

Not sure how I feel about Gray & Keys. Parry & Graham irritate the f*** out of me - they a couple of childish buffoons who just bicker like an old married couple about absolutely nothing. I won't be sorry to see them go but I hope Gray & Keys don't turn the show into another Premier League wankfest.

Adrian Durham is alright. At least with him you get half a chance of hearing about life outside the Premier League. It's just a shame he's paired with Darren Gough, who is simply useless.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Adrian Durham is alright. At least with him you get half a chance of hearing about life outside the Premier League. It's just a shame he's paired with Darren Gough, who is simply useless.

His show when Ian Wright was there was the best thing on radio. Gough is ok but is let down but being a cricketer on a football show, the same as Irani.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I enjoy the Go Compare and Srewfix ads, less so the opinionated ranting in between.

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
His show when Ian Wright was there was the best thing on radio. Gough is ok but is let down but being a cricketer on a football show, the same as Irani.

Is Darren Gough a Spurs fan? The last few times i've listened he seems to be very pro Spurs. Just curious. I like Adrian Durham until he had a pop at Graham Poll a few weeks back and got in a childish dig at him showing 3 yellow cards, gone off him since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here