Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Graeme smith to sign in the next few days

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
You really don't get it do you. One or two may "hate" Kuipers but others just don't rave about him and believe he is perfect. What does annoy me (and others too judging by this thread) is the way anyone who dares to challenge the "legendary and loyal" Michel (who has demanded a transfer at least twice) is pilloried by the Kuipers mob and criticised for the slightest mistake. We are never going to agree on Henderson but even Roberts, who you admit was good, was often criticised by the Kuipers clan when he was here.

Personally I support any player who plays for Brighton and hope they succeed (even if I don't rate them). Can you say the same about Henderson?

Have to say the truth may lie with CBs Kuipers metre adding up all the points Kuipers won for us last season. Even the High Priest Of Everything Kuipers would have to admit it wasn't as many points as he had hoped at the beginning of the season. Think the total was in single figures wasn't it?

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Am a bit surprised that Buzz would come down to League One tbh, especially as both halves of Edinburgh divide are reportedly close to signing him. Stated recently that he wanted to play for a club capable of challenging the Old Firm.

He is certainly the real deal, and has been on the fringes of the Scotland setup for a while (for once we are not too badly off for keepers - hard to believe I know).

Is considered one of the best shot stoppers in the SPL, but does flap at the odd cross or four. Shouts like a woman, and used to kick like one too, but McGhee banished him to the weights room and his kicking became a real asset (although it is a bit squint from time to time). Like all keepers the boy is just mad - enough said.

Think there are some decent YouTube clips of a wonder save, and a penalty save from the European game v Nancy where he was simply outstanding.

Would be a fantastic signing for Brighton, and I believe he'd be starting sooner rather than later (and just for the record, I am a Kuipers fan).

I would agree with this. He's a decent keeper and would be a very good signing for the medium to long term.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm bored reading about people on here debating the past. Michel Kuipers is 35 y.o and he's picked up injuries in recent seasons. He's been a great servant for this club but his recent form has been patchy (I can't get Luton away in the JPT out of my mind).

Therefore, the king is dead, long live the king. Now is the time to bring in a new No.1. Slade obviously didn't rate Sullivan - only time will tell on that one - but does rate Smith.

On paper this looks like another good signing. 26 y.o. and with 3 years of SPL and European experience means the learning curve which we otherwise would have had with Sullivan should be minimal.

Kuipers on the bench is fine by me. As is turncoat Gannon losing his No. 1 keeper before he's even started as coach.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As is turncoat Gannon losing his No. 1 keeper before he's even started as coach.
He *must* be wondering why he turned down the chance to come here, surely? In two years, we'll be playing in front of 22,500 every other week in a brand new stadium and with some fine facilities, and in all probability could well be Championship contenders.
He's ended up taking a job at a two bob club in Scotland, no bigger than AFC Bournemouth, because of instability at the club he stayed loyal to.

Oh well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here