Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Government offing £350 a month to host Ukrainian refugees.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My point was the thought of you calling the 6' 4"Big Nuts a c*** to his knife scarred face.
Personally I have no interest in knowing where you live.

….and there will be no point in [MENTION=19792]bomber130[/MENTION] running either! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Will be interesting to see how this hosting initiative plays out in the context of this relatively recent phenomenon era of 'shaming.'

Already on BBC Breakfast this morning the host (Charlie Stayt) asked Sajid Javid if he would be taking in refugees, which doesn't really progress the debate much. Of course, Sajid Javid didn't want to answer that question directly and simply said he had been discussing with his wife what they could do as a family. What he should have said is, "No, I won't be hosting any refugees. But since you ask, will you?"

I can imagine there will be lots of people suggesting others should put themselves forward for hosting refugees - whilst stating particular circumstances that prevent them from doing so themselves. For the record I shan't be hosting any refugees but at the same time I won't be looking around and suggesting other people do what I'm not prepared to do myself.

Well most MPs have 2 houses so that should mean over 700 now available. The Royals have several 'residences'.
See, if the wealthy do their bit, nobody else has to.

Also as Ukranians are only allowed Visas if they already have family here, doesn't it all depend on where their family lives?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can those Syrians in Calais that escaped the raining down of Russia bombs in their homeland also apply to the scheme?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Personally I have no interest in knowing where you live.

It would have been worth getting the address though, if only so you could upload it to the refugee hosting website.

'Knock knock.'
[MENTION=19792]bomber130[/MENTION]: "FFS. Who's that this time of night?"

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Well most MPs have 2 houses so that should mean over 700 now available. The Royals have several 'residences'.
See, if the wealthy do their bit, nobody else has to.

Also as Ukranians are only allowed Visas if they already have family here, doesn't it all depend on where their family lives?

No the scheme is not limited to relatives.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Saying he was "insulted" was a bit strong, I might have said it was a shame if I couldn't afford to do it, but not an insult.

I have already stated previously that I apologise for the way it was worded. It wasn’t meant to come across like people have assumed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jan 30, 2008
I would imagine a lot of Ukrainian women will want to to stay close to their country and their menfolk
The idea of travelling to the UK seems a long way off, surely financially supporting countries like Moldova and Poland would be the way forward

Time to stop the virtue signalling on pulling people to this country for the sake of look at us we're doing our bit

Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Whilst I sympathise for the Ukrainians £350 a month to let them live rent free is a bit of an insult. I live alone which means my council tax would increase. Plus god knows how much my gas/electric/and water usage would also increase. Would any NSC people host for this amount. Discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A lot of them don't even know of this scheme I don't think there will be a huge up take , don't forget the cost of a translator ? What sounds like a great idea is actually quite complex

Regards
DF

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Will be interesting to see how this hosting initiative plays out in the context of this relatively recent phenomenon era of 'shaming.'

Already on BBC Breakfast this morning the host (Charlie Stayt) asked Sajid Javid if he would be taking in refugees, which doesn't really progress the debate much. Of course, Sajid Javid didn't want to answer that question directly and simply said he had been discussing with his wife what they could do as a family. What he should have said is, "No, I won't be hosting any refugees. But since you ask, will you?"

I can imagine there will be lots of people suggesting others should put themselves forward for hosting refugees - whilst stating particular circumstances that prevent them from doing so themselves. For the record I shan't be hosting any refugees but at the same time I won't be looking around and suggesting other people do what I'm not prepared to do myself.

Exactly. this reminds me so much of 2015 when so many virtue signallers all got online and on the telly telling us all how they would house refugees, but strangely never actually did it, or claimed little space etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here