Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Government offing £350 a month to host Ukrainian refugees.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If only they hadn’t destroyed all their documentation before handing over 10k to organised gangs of criminals eh?!
How’s yer luck[emoji849]

Well there are some utterly disgusting individuals who really should be ashamed of themselves on this thread :wave:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A lot of them don't even know of this scheme I don't think there will be a huge up take , don't forget the cost of a translator ? What sounds like a great idea is actually quite complex

Regards
DF

Many Ukrainians speak & write English better than some British. The main refugees coming here are coming to family.

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly. this reminds me so much of 2015 when so many virtue signallers all got online and on the telly telling us all how they would house refugees, but strangely never actually did it, or claimed little space etc.

Action speaks louder then words , I for one will not be putting up a Ukrainian refugee

Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
The important thing to remember is the government are still pushing ahead with their Nationality and Borders bill condemned by the UNHCR..

That's to deal with economic migrants and people who have no right to be this country and who have not been invited :facepalm:

Regards
DF

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is what it looked like back in 2015 (the number of applicants obviously tells a story about where they were likely to be approved):

PGM_2016.08.02_Europe-Asylum-02.png

It would be nice if big countries like France, Italy and UK took a bit more responsibility this time around. Every reasonably wealthy country needs to help out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have already stated previously that I apologise for the way it was worded. It wasn’t meant to come across like people have assumed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know mate, didn't mean to give you more grief.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
He's correct though

Regards
DF

Theres a little part of me that feels sad that your life is obviously made better by spewing crap on here. I think I feel sad that the world has turned you, and others like you, not just on here, like this. You think you are clever, but if youre definition of clever is to make others feel bad about themselves, thereby making yourself feel superior, be confrontational at every opportunity, then maybe you should take a break, get some fresh air, leave all forms of social media alone for a while, Its obviously not good for you.
Dont bother coming back with one of your passive aggressive, "I know better than you", smart ass posts.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Registered interest in providing a room, and my wife has made contact through a facebook group with a young woman who has made her way to Poland. Just need the process to be laid out fully and find out exactly what hoops we and she have to jump through.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can those Syrians in Calais that escaped the raining down of Russia bombs in their homeland also apply to the scheme?

also the Afgans, and others. if all those applying make the point of offering to sponsor and house all the other refugees, we'd not have any refugee or immigrant problem.

i wonder how long until there is a court case to insist on equal treatment, cant see how one group can be favoured over another.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The vast majority of the refugees from Ukraine are women and children - these is zero vetting taking place in relation to where they are being housed - and an increasing number of reports of sexual violence, exploitation and being targeted by traffickers over the past few days.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The vast majority of the refugees from Ukraine are women and children - these is zero vetting taking place in relation to where they are being housed - and an increasing number of reports of sexual violence, exploitation and being targeted by traffickers over the past few days.

Are you referring to the UK?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
also the Afgans, and others. if all those applying make the point of offering to sponsor and house all the other refugees, we'd not have any refugee or immigrant problem.

i wonder how long until there is a court case to insist on equal treatment, cant see how one group can be favoured over another.

This is so true. While I fully support the drive to offer Ukrainians refuge, this is a lesson for us. We should have learned that a refugee crisis is something we must respond to no matter where it happens, and if we had taken more responsibility for what Assad and Putin were doing in Aleppo then perhaps the world would be a different place today.

Of course, this all goes back to the Sykes-Picot agreement and decades of western meddling, but we need to learn that we are not an island in these matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Robert Rinder's family were killed in the Holocaust, with just his grandfather, Morris Malenicky, a survivor of both Schlieben and Theresienstadt concentration camps.

[tweet]1503656726670856196[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Through my work we had to rescue vulnerable women that were exploited during Covid. Some very bad people setting up “Covid hostels”, even getting funding from the government. I can’t go into detail but I’m sure you get the idea. Very nasty. Measures must be taken not to let similar happen with refugees.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Through my work we had to rescue vulnerable women that were exploited during Covid. Some very bad people setting up “Covid hostels”, even getting funding from the government. I can’t go into detail but I’m sure you get the idea. Very nasty. Measures must be taken not to let similar happen with refugees.

You're absolutely right.

I support the new scheme and I understand that it has been set up quickly out of necessity. DBS checks would be ideal, but on the other hand, we don't want to make it difficult to take people in

I'm confident 99.9% of people who have signed up for this scheme have done so for the right reasons, but there needs to be some sort of hotline or mechanism for women to report if something is going wrong and be allocated to a new house immediately. Even better would be a quick visit from social services beforehand just to sense check the address. Again, I know how stretched they are though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Robert Rinder's family were killed in the Holocaust, with just his grandfather, Morris Malenicky, a survivor of both Schlieben and Theresienstadt concentration camps.

[tweet]1503656726670856196[/tweet]

Another grim national embarrassment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here