Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gourmet food at the Amex

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How are your mum and brother going to cope with 5000 pies every couple of weeks? Extra staff shirly?

I would think it might amount to much more, especially if Albion fans start calling into the shop to get a fix between games...also, if word spreads about their quality, it will be other people too. It is good to hear that the club are sourcing a product locally and buying quality, rather than going for some mass produced crap.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I would think it might amount to much more, especially if Albion fans start calling into the shop to get a fix between games...also, if word spreads about their quality, it will be other people too. It is good to hear that the club are sourcing a product locally and buying quality, rather than going for some mass produced crap.

Yep. Hopefully the rest of the food on offer can match this. Though if this is just the start of the gourmet menu, I think we're in for a treat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can we have a Route One to the pies at Falmer please. Half the queue at Withdean was clogged with people ordering cups of tea. Can they have their own queue that can move as slow as it likes por favor?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Will all these lovely home made pies, local ales etc on offer, it will be interesting to see what the prices are like. Hopefully just a little extra for a lot better quality.

The club obviously want to encourage people to come to the Amex early and stay late, but there is a limit to people's match day budgets.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
In my experience, the BEST food is often in that category called "never seen or heard of it before".

On the subject of which ... Has anyone eaten at The Medicine Chest in Hove?

Nope but having read a few reviews on here I want to, apparently the cocktails there are pretty special too.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah yeah yeah, fancy pies, great. What news of the KFC though? Where will the Colonel be?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
In my experience, the BEST food is often in that category called "never seen or heard of it before".

On the subject of which ... Has anyone eaten at The Medicine Chest in Hove?

Yes, twice. It's great. Worth it for the bread alone.

If you are drinking have the Riesling.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
What a LOAD of old CACK, all THIS ponsey FOOD is catering for the JOHNNY come LATELY market. I DEMAND tried and TESTED English Football FOOD and not this FANCY muck.
Bring BACK Westlers Hot Dogs, Wagon Wheels, BOVRIL and a nice cup of BROWN sludge AKA Tea.

SACK THIS PIEMAN NOW

:angry::angry::angry:

Here Here!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I made a point of buying one of these Higgidy pies from Sainsbury's on Friday. A couple of things...

One - it was the veggie version; spinach, feta and toasted pine nut pie. It's all they had in. Sainsbury's really weren't going big on promoting them.
Two - it was £3.49. That's a major supermarket's price. You can only hope that if they're being baked on site at the new stadium, we're not going to have to suffer an enormous mark-up on the price.

However, the pie we had was absolutely gorgeous. Perfect texture for the pastry, excellent flavour in the filling; way above the normal food standard you would get in any stadium. Verdict: seriously looking forward to scoffing some decent pies at the Amex.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009
I made a point of buying one of these Higgidy pies from Sainsbury's on Friday. A couple of things...

One - it was the veggie version; spinach, feta and toasted pine nut pie. It's all they had in. Sainsbury's really weren't going big on promoting them.
Two - it was £3.49. That's a major supermarket's price. You can only hope that if they're being baked on site at the new stadium, we're not going to have to suffer an enormous mark-up on the price.

However, the pie we had was absolutely gorgeous. Perfect texture for the pastry, excellent flavour in the filling; way above the normal food standard you would get in any stadium. Verdict: seriously looking forward to scoffing some decent pies at the Amex.

you are aware its not going to be Higgidy pies though ? or are you just making a point about decent pies ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here