Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gourmet food at the Amex

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
They are still prepared off site then chilled and baked in the oven at the ground rather than being cooked off site then nuked in the microwave. Means nothing in itself as it's still down to ingredients at the end of the day but the intention is clearly there.

That's where you're mislead, all the pies are going to be made on-site. None of that Pukka pies rubbish

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
That's what it says in the job advert

'The role includes serving food & drinks to the stands with backpacks and trays. Must be over 18 as you will be selling alcohol.'

Interesting as you are not allowed alcohol in the stands at football stadia.
It did mention other (ie non-football) events as well, and you ARE allowed to sell alcohol then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If my memory serves me well you have people walking about selling snacks and drinks at the stadium when AEL play don't you. Do they sell alcohol, I dont think so but obviously the laws in Cyprus are different to here.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
16-18 East street, her shop is at the front of the Beach House. All the road works at the moment is a bit of a bugger

Is that where the Angel Bar used to be?
Haven't been past there in months.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Is that where the Angel Bar used to be?
Haven't been past there in months.

That's the one, it's a restaurant at the back but the bakery is right at the front of the shop. She has a load of food made on site available that both my Mother and Brother make. I tend to stick to the chicken pies though, must go through 6 a week.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would like to join the campaign for some kind of Chicken Balti pie to be made by Mrs Piglet.

A football stadium that does not sell such a pie is poorer for it. In fact, perhaps we should have a vote :D

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
If my memory serves me well you have people walking about selling snacks and drinks at the stadium when AEL play don't you. Do they sell alcohol, I dont think so but obviously the laws in Cyprus are different to here.

No, they don't walk around with snacks here. Facilities here are VERY basic. The Weaver's Bros shit at Withdean IS gourmet compared to what you get at stadia here! A tiny shop ptoected by a metal grill like an old fashioned bank in the Wild West.

Definitely no alcohol at the grounds here - the fans are mental enough as it is!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The law states that you cannot drink alcohol within view of the pitch, hence at stadium:mk, where the concourse overlooks the pitch, the bar areas are screened off.

So unless there's some kind of loophole, I can't imagine the hawkers will be selling beer anywhere other than in the concourses- I recall MK having them, to reduce the queues for the bars. Probably sell other stuff in the stands though. I don't object to someone bringing me a hot dog during the game, though they'd better not block my view :angry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Sounds good !!!
Got my mouth watering already & jot my name down for balti pie vote aswell. :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This thread has made me hungry :lol:

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Pictures of the Pies and boxes that they will come in next year...

Piglet_Pantry_Pie_09MAY11_PH_9341.jpgPiglet_Pantry_Pie_09MAY11_PH_9346.jpgPiglet_Pantry_Pie_09MAY11_PH_9352.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, they don't walk around with snacks here. Facilities here are VERY basic. The Weaver's Bros shit at Withdean IS gourmet compared to what you get at stadia here! A tiny shop ptoected by a metal grill like an old fashioned bank in the Wild West.

Definitely no alcohol at the grounds here - the fans are mental enough as it is!

I was fairly sure when I last went to the Stadium in Limmasol about 2006, they had people walking about selling roll things like bagels, chocolate and bottles of coke that the fans threw at the lino when empty.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Well done Mrs Piglet; they look great! I for one look forward to demolishing a few of your veggie pies next season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here