Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GOSBTS - No words onscreen today

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How hard is it to remember going up to win the cup?

I remember the days when it was ‘and we’re going up and we’ll win the cup’ easier off the tongue.

Whatever it was at least it was football related and easy to remember after a few😃
I would like to know how many people were bothered about the 2 verses of GOSBTS or knew the words before we played at the Amex (I posted something similar in the last thread)
I definitely didn’t know the words.
We always sung “going up to win the cup” without getting stressed about it :lolol:
Everyone knew the words even after a few as you said @Justice :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I liked it today. I’m converted.

I feel for the tiny minority that can’t learn the words, but it’s better without them on the screen.

Actually I don’t feel for them really. There are things that all of us can’t do. Deal with it.
Indeed. The last thing I want to see on the screen is a load of people not singing.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would like to know how many people were bothered about the 2 verses of GOSBTS or knew the words before we played at the Amex (I posted something similar in the last thread)
I definitely didn’t know the words.
We always sung “going up to win the cup” without getting stressed about it :lolol:
Everyone knew the words even after a few as you said @Justice :smile:
I still sing the old words and really don’t care about the tutting newbies.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I was sceptical and I do not think previous attempts improved things. Today, IMO, they got it spot on and it worked brilliantly. I am converted and I confidently think it is an improvement!! It felt louder than ever, and what a surprise we didn’t need the words. (Which is undeniably cringe.) I think we and the club did a good job. Forest were loud and they tried to out-sing us…we prevailed!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No change there, then.

You should have seen it at the Goldstone back in the 1970s in front of 12,000 yawning, sorry, adoring fans, me laddio.

If I fancied a quiet cigarette and plastic cup of Bovril on a Saturday afternoon, I knew just where to go. For a few bob I could lean against a stanchion in peace for the best part of 2 hours, contemplating the universe and all its magical wonders.

The Albion is not and never was renowned for a noisy passionate following. If it's tutting, you want, different story. ??? :wink:
We do have a world famous atmosphere that has a gentle hum of mild content now and then.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
For the first couple of games without the words on the big screen they were on the advertising boards around the pitch.

Am I the only one who still sings the correct version of the chorus?

(If you don't know it you won't)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I wonder if we can lose the clapping next?
Must be achievable. I would live with the cringingest embarrassment of all time of Richie Reynolds announcing it and a message on the big screen "DUNKY SAYS PLEASE DON'T CLAP" for 2 or 3 games...

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Pisses me right off when they don’t show the lyrics, as happened vs Wolves on Wednesday as well. No one singing until the chorus. What an absolute bunch of whiners people are, as if anyone should freakin’ care whether or not the words are shown on the screen.

I’ve no idea what the full words to the song are despite singing it for years.

What is wrong with some people?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Congratulations to the campaigners who got rid of the words onscreen. Left me unable to join in until the chorus as I can't remember the words. Since nobody on here seems to be crowing about this little victory, I presume the 'makes us look tinpot' whingers didn't even notice. But there was certainly a muted response until the chorus today and I doubt I was the only one feeling a bit excluded. No sympathy expected. Even my family laugh that I can't remember lyrics. But what a shame for those it does affect. A truly silent minority.
I noticed it on the TV that it went a bit quiet so you weren't the only one. I can't remember them either. They'll need to do it a couple more times to get a more accurate result as some people are still in shock that it's being sung just before KO. It finished to early today so that needs a bit of tweaking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here