Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GOSBTS - No words onscreen today

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But if we have the words on the screen, that time could be spent finding the key to nuclear fusion or peace in Israel/Palestine.

Just think of the opportunity cost.
Good point, well made.

Perhaps we could hire someone to sing it for us. I understand that 'H' from Steps is available.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Didn't you start the thread I had to put on ignore? About how well the labour government is (not) doing? Again apologies if I'm mixing you up with someone else.
Happy to accept the whoosh. I'm sure you know I started a different thread that got merged with another and retitled under my name. Don't blame you for putting it on ignore.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Good point, well made.

Perhaps we could hire someone to sing it for us. I understand that 'H' from Steps is available.
I also happen to find it amusing that some people seem bothered by having the words on the screen, so on the basis that picking the funniest option is always the best option, I think we should have them up there in ENORMOUS letters.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Happy to accept the whoosh. I'm sure you know I started a different thread that got merged with another and retitled under my name. Don't blame you for putting it on ignore.
Apologies for my harsh reply to your original post. So many people complain about the words being shown ("tin pot") I think in my sharp intake of breath I may have inhaled some of my wine, triggering a conniption fit :lolol:

(My son is a musician and maybe I'll ask him if he is prepared to put on some lessons on the art of lyric recall. I'm told that mnemonics, and pictoral visualisation can help. I'm sure "Now let your hearts be gay" can easily conjour up some memorable images :ohmy: :wink: )

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I also happen to find it amusing that some people seem bothered by having the words on the screen, so on the basis that picking the funniest option is always the best option, I think we should have them up there in ENORMOUS letters.
Painted on balloons would be my choice.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At least we managed to sing it without escalating to 4x normal speed by the time we reached the chorus. Small victories and all that
I suspect that, frankly, people just want to get it over and done with because they hate it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I did notice that the words had been left off the big screens. In fact, rather than my customary single glance at the screen to confirm that they are still there (accompanied by a tiny part of me dying), I actually glanced twice, to make sure that I wasn’t delusional and they had been taken down.

Instead of inward sighing, I felt a little smile break out.

The day they put the words to YNWA on the screens at Anfield, or Bubbles on the screen at WHU is the day we should have the words on the screen at the Amex. Its tinpot.

If people really can’t learn the words (or don’t even know that Dunk has a song to learn the words to*) then do feel free to Google them and write them down on a piece of paper.

*This may be hard to google, so here you go

From Withdean to Wembley (sometimes ‘the Dam’, sometimes ‘Roma’)
And everywhere we go
Blocking shots and scoring goals
Dunk is one of our own

Sometimes followed immediately by

Lewis Dunk, he’s one of our own…

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I did notice that the words had been left off the big screens. In fact, rather than my customary single glance at the screen to confirm that they are still there (accompanied by a tiny part of me dying), I actually glanced twice, to make sure that I wasn’t delusional and they had been taken down.

Instead of inward sighing, I felt a little smile break out.

The day they put the words to YNWA on the screens at Anfield, or Bubbles on the screen at WHU is the day we should have the words on the screen at the Amex. Its tinpot.

If people really can’t learn the words (or don’t even know that Dunk has a song to learn the words to*) then do feel free to Google them and write them down on a piece of paper.

*This may be hard to google, so here you go

From Withdean to Wembley (sometimes ‘the Dam’, sometimes ‘Roma’)
And everywhere we go
Blocking shots and scoring goals
Dunk is one of our own

Sometimes followed immediately by

Lewis Dunk, he’s one of our own…
Are there screens at Anfield? There hasn't been the last few times I've been.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I mean, ideally I'd have them painted on the bodies of some naked women like some sort of Brighton/Sussex themed James Bond intro.

Not sure we'd get that past the broadcasters though.
Cavorting on roof of the much-heralded monorail?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can't honestly understand why some get so worked up about the words on the screen unless it's because there is a word in the lyrics they find slightly embarrassing and don't want the away fans to see!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't honestly understand why some get so worked up about the words on the screen unless it's because there is a word in the lyrics they find slightly embarrassing and don't want the away fans to see!!!
Nothing to do with the word “gay”.

It’s because if it’s supposed to be our anthem why would you not know the words? You can google them in two seconds.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had it at first against Ipswich. Thought it was marginally better v wolves. But today somehow felt okay. Maybe with the added fireworks etc when the players came up it worked better somehow?

If I had a choice I’d still pump for it when the players come out but I reckon given another few games I might change my mind.
In the privacy of your own trousers, I hope. ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Do other clubs manage to so routinely butcher their own song this much?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My mate turned to me and said that was one of the loudest starts to a game, I agreed
Indeed. And it doesn't matter if the away fans try to sing over it. I am in West Upper and our voices prevailed.

Do we really imagine that the ManUre away lot stand in respectful silence at Anfield while the scousers sing YNWA?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here