Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to Richard Carpenter ??

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
Pavilionaire said:
Chippy is a true Albion legend, one of the more gifted midfielders to play for the club and had an excellent long-range shot on him.

Sure, injury and age have taken their toll but he was a great player in his day. The Albion gave him a chance to rebuild his career after his horror tackle on Chris Caspar and he's repaid the club in full with unstinting loyalty.

Good luck Chippy wherever you end up, you've given me many moments of football joy and you'll always be welcome back at the Albion.

spot on :bowdown: :albion:

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
The end of another stalwart of this club. Remember when Chippy first joined us, the changes he (and us) have been through over that period.
A loyal, hard working player who always gave 110% even when he wasn't at his best.
Thanks for everything Chippy..a true hero in the stripes!

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
52827.jpg

If that's the goal he scored away at Wednesday in the 2-1 defeat a couple of years ago then that's one of the best goals I've ever seen in real life.

Good luck, CHIPPER. :clap: :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Safeway said:
If that's the goal he scored away at Wednesday in the 2-1 defeat a couple of years ago then that's one of the best goals I've ever seen in real life.

Good luck, CHIPPER. :clap: :clap:

It is. You can see the owl logo in the pic.

If this is right, then I am glad I went to Hassocks to see him slap that player for trying to cripple him. :lolol: :lolol:
Many goals to remember him by (which have already been mentioned) I think the Swindon playoff and Spurs have to stand out.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
for what i meant think it had 2 be the swindon goal

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Funnily enough he's February in the Albion calendar.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Quality player, shame his legs have gone.

Ooo aaarr, Richard Carpenter!:bowdown:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Southover Street Seagull said:
Is there any confirmation from the club yet before we wish him well on his way?!!!

Not yet, but I would assume this is the truth.

Would have been nice to have known before the event, sad day but time has moved on now and footie can be a cruel business at times.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beach Hut said:
Not yet, but I would assume this is the truth.

Would have been nice to have known before the event, sad day but time has moved on now and footie can be a cruel business at times.
Is it possible that Chippy asked to go early?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Is it possible that Chippy asked to go early?

You may well be right but it is saving face from the inevitable at the end of the day.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Kinky Gerbils said:
All the best, season too late maybe.

Only Hart and Mayo left to shift now.

And Oatway.

:ohmy:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
El Presidente said:
Play off goal at Swindon was a BEAUTY.

As was his penalty in the second leg in the shoot-out. As soon as that ball hit the roof of the net, I just knew the Albion would win the tie. Also, I was at Plymouth when he lumped that twattwattwattwat Chadwick. Sure he got sent off, but Chadwick had been fouling and winding up Albion players all afternoon. I guess Bertin has made this inevitable. Best wishes for the future, Chippy, if this news is true.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
If it is true then i wish Chippy all the best and have enjoyed watching him in the stripes .. 110% commitment and a true servant to the club .. would love to give him a send off

THANKS CHIPPY :clap: :clap:

Ps i hope he reads all of this or at least the club passes it on ibn some way or form

Kinky Gerbils said:
Its not difficult to understand - you dont renew a contract of one player, more funds MAY be avaliable to spend on new players.

If we released Mayo for example I expect we would pay up the rest of his contract just like we did for Carpenter. Therfore we wouldn't have any new money to spend on other players would we?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If we released Mayo for example I expect we would pay up the rest of his contract just like we did for Carpenter. Therfore we wouldn't have any new money to spend on other players would we?

Not if his contract was up.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Is there any confirmation from the club yet before we wish him well on his way?!!!

The lack of answer from Insider on ask the club suggests to me that there could be something in it.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Maybe it would be an idea to wait for confirmation on something like this before we all pore our hearts out on here. I bet Chippy and his pal Charlie are having a good laugh at tghis if it isn't true.

In fact I wouldn't put it past Charlie to start the runour in the first place - except that he can't read or write so posting on here might be a little tricky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here