Brighton, UK
Kinky Gerbils said:
Like getting sent off?
Yes, that's all they've ever done, of course. :shootself

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Man of Harveys said:
Absolute bullshit, with respect. Both still have contributions to make, IMHO.

I think Rents' display last night will mean Mayo will find it tough to get back in the side from now on. Rents' awareness plus distribution and dead ball delivery seems to better quality

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
The Large One said:
Perhaps he could go to MK Dons and finish his career in a 'Zidane moment of madness' type way by two-footing Leon on the training in a manner that leaves Leon's bollocks halfway up his own nose.

In fairness he'd only have to move them about 8 inches....

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think the kinky one may simply be making the point that there are some players still on the books who, whilst being good servants to the club, may not have deserved their recent contracts. I would agree with this, in Mayo's case.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sake, There are better players out there.

Just because they give 100% doesnt mean they are any cop any more.
Mayo has been poor for the past few years and your :nono: lo indicates that you just want to keep them because of who they are.

This club had the chance last year to clear out the old guard and start again, it didnt and that is half the reason Brighton are low in the table - new players needed to be brought in to shake things up a bit.

But no, its ok keep giving Hart, Mayo and the likes new contracts on the basis of they give 100%

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I think the kinky one may simply be making the point that there are some players still on the books who, whilst being good servants to the club, may not have deserved their recent contracts. I would agree with this, in Mayo's case.

Thank you

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
What, are you his interpreter or something? Oh, ok. Cheers.

I don't disagree with the post above that Rents is a more skillful LB, but I'd say that Kerry's graft and battle is always going to make him a useful squad member to be able to deploy either at the back or in the middle.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Man of Harveys said:
What, are you his interpreter or something? Oh, ok. Cheers.

I don't disagree with the post above that Rents is a more skillful LB, but I'd say that Kerry's graft and battle is always going to make him a useful squad member to be able to deploy either at the back or in the middle.

But could his wages not be used or someone more important, like a striker maybe?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
But could his wages not be used or someone more important, like a striker maybe?
That sounds like you're advocating having Sam Rents as the first choice LB, and who as his cover? Sonny Cobbs?

To have two such inexperienced players challenging for that one place would be suicide, especially at a time when we are screaming out for experience.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
That sounds like you're advocating having Sam Rents as the first choice LB, and who as his cover? Sonny Cobbs?

To have two such inexperienced players challenging for that one place would be suicide, especially at a time when we are screaming out for experience.

Not sure it would be Lynch could cover in as well.

From what Ive seen of Rents he is as good as Kerry.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Kinky Gerbils said:
Er, yeah, sure, great. Because, of course, it really is that simple.

Wow, we have someone here who knows how much all or any of our potential striker signings would like to earn from us, as well as how much Kerry Mayo earns, for the sake of comparison. That's good info right there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Chippy is a true Albion legend, one of the more gifted midfielders to play for the club and had an excellent long-range shot on him.

Sure, injury and age have taken their toll but he was a great player in his day. The Albion gave him a chance to rebuild his career after his horror tackle on Chris Caspar and he's repaid the club in full with unstinting loyalty.

Good luck Chippy wherever you end up, you've given me many moments of football joy and you'll always be welcome back at the Albion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Mayo and Hart provide bags of experience.

On their day they are useful additions to the squad.

Chippy is probably a spent force but thats coz the knees and legs have gone...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Man of Harveys said:

Wow, we have someone here who knows how much all or any of our potential striker signings would like to earn from us, as well as how much Kerry Mayo earns, for the sake of comparison. That's good info right there.

Its not difficult to understand - you dont renew a contract of one player, more funds MAY be avaliable to spend on new players.

Man of Harveys said:

He's making a fair point, ie that Mayo is past his best and maybe it would be a better idea to get him off the wage bill rather then keep players for sentimental value.

As for left back cover, I don't know... isn't that the managers job? Lynch and Rents seems adequate cover to me. Or play wing backs?

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Chippy was rushed back from injury last season when Charlie broke his ankle. As such he was never able to reach proper match fitness, and had a poor season by his standards.

He should always be made welcome at the Albion, not too many players have contributed towards BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS at the club, and he is one of the few.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here