Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to Richard Carpenter ??

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
The Complete Badger said:
Abso-bloody-lutely. Some of the decisions last year were a disgrace. It was clear some players were clearly not up to the job anymore, and we should have got rid. I say that is a huge cause of our current ineptitude, as we are wasting so much money each week on players who should have been put out of their misery a year or two ago.

Thanks for the good days Carpenter, just a shame they were followed by 2 or 3 very mediocre years to finish on:wave:

Exactly we got rid of Watson quickly enough when he didnt cut the mustard but hung to two or three others (we all know who) when they should have gone at the same time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Play off goal at Swindon was a BEAUTY.

Good luck Chippy in whatever you do, a true gent, and I am sure a very good blacksmith one day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Les Biehn said:
Injury and age caught up with him last year but In his day he was quality, could tackle, shot and pass. One of my favourite players in his pomp.

Never a truer word spoken, apart from perhaps something Einstein has uttered.

My favourite goal was one of his most recent vs Plymouth at the start of last season.

Goodbye Chippy :wave: and thanks for your efforts.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
The Complete Badger said:
While I agreed with the decision to release Watson and Jones, as by the end I wasn't really a fan of either player, I think they both had more to offer than at least four members of the current squad, who really shouldn't be here now. We need to be more ruthless.

I wouldnt disagree with that.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
mendoza10 said:
His best moment was at home last season (i think against luton) it was chucking down, the ball was loose in the centre circle, and he slid in from about 10 yards away, took out 2 players, and ran away with the ball, as the 2 players lay in the withdean mud :clap2:

Ah yes, Luton. GNW debut goal, I think. That was an immense moment. He almost looked back to his best as the ball was not moving very far or fast. :clap2:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
An integral part of the side that actually won this club some silverware. Chippy was a more than half-decent player, and at times in the past was our only midfielder who could get his foot on the ball and play a bit, or spray some passes around.

All good things come to an end, wish him well wherever he goes next.

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
Good luck Chippy, good servant for the club. I will never forget being right behind his free kick at Spurs leaving Robinson floundering and bringing us level in the FA cup.:clap:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Always worked hard, scored some great goals, made some juicy tackles. Yes, he stayed around a good season too long but you're also retired a very long time, so you can't blame him for taking a contract offer that must have surprised him as muc as anyone.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Maybe he can get back on tour with Karen again

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world
:jester:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
mendoza10 said:
Maybe he can get back on tour with Karen again

I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world
:jester:

Word has it he sang as he left the club office..

I'll say goodbye to Brighton
No one ever cared if I should pass or shoot
Time and time again the chance for goals
just passed me by
And all I know of skill
is how to live without it
I just can't seem to find it........

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Thanks for everything Chippy. :clap:

I'm sure our paths will cross again, as I do live in North Kent, and am bound to need a new drive at some point. :p

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
On his day he was amongst the best midfielders we had, but all things must pass.
Cheers Chip...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here