Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good things about Gus going

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We may get someone who recognises that a job at a club with the 12th highest ST sales in the country IS a good job

Have we dropped down the list? I thought we were 9th at the start of last season. I remember winding up my fellow Championship team supporting chums with that little tidbit.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
But if what Poyet said was true, it would mean that CMS' wages would have been lower than Murray's demands. Do you seriously believe that? We smashed our transfer fee to sign a player also being sought by the likes of West Ham and Leicester, and we signed him on wages lower than Murray had requested? I simply cannot believe that to be the case.

it depends how the budgets work. For example a council might have £5m put in a budget for roundabouts but not allowed to use it for traffic lights. I know one hospital had to close some wards for budget cuts however had money left over when fitting out the new surgical department and installed fancy glass partitions between bays that when you touch them they would become opaque instead of curtains at vast expense. Some companies and governments work with ridiculous budgets where you can't touch one pot for the wrong thing so it just sits there. In this case it might not be the wages that were much different however the signing on fee for Murray may have come from this pot whereas CMS's might have gone through a different pot called "new player acquisitions". I have no idea but some places work in this cack handed way as it supposedly saves money.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But if what Poyet said was true, it would mean that CMS' wages would have been lower than Murray's demands. Do you seriously believe that? We smashed our transfer fee to sign a player also being sought by the likes of West Ham and Leicester, and we signed him on wages lower than Murray had requested? I simply cannot believe that to be the case.

CMS's wages lower than Murray's? Yes, I can believe that. But neither you nor I know either way

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Having (hopefully) a manager who appreciates that Brighton is great club and place to be plying your trade right now with a platform to push on.

Not hearing budget moans after every defeat.

Hopefully the new bloke will have their own positive ideas and players to bring to the party.

A better key relationship between manager and board.

No more nervy press conferences when the name 'Suarez' crops up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here