Good things about Gus going

Lush

Mods' Pet
Lua Lua will play more
We may score from a corner
We may make a substitution before we concede the 1st goal
We may make a substitution in the first half
We may make a substitution before the opposition
We may get someone who puts out the best team for the important league match not the cup match a few days before just because HE wants to look good on TV
We may get someone who treats taking a penalty as a serious matter
Caskey will play more
Referees may not dislike the new managers rants
We may really try and score the first goal
We may play OUR best side and not try & counter the oppositions team
We may try harder to score a 2nd to kill the game off
We may get someone who can train & improve CMS to shoot with his left
We may get someone who recognises that a job at a club with the 12th highest ST sales in the country IS a good job

I like ALL these

ollie116

May 26, 2013
1062516_10201466452522040_1776479501_n.jpg

My youngest son knows someone who is related to someone who once flirted with someone who is married to someone who recently served someone at Asda who is associated with Brighton & Hove Albion. To cut a long story short, this is THE Oscar Garcia who will be in charge come July & not the other fella. You heard it here first.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you claiming he's not a tinkerer? It drove me insane.

Logical fallacy: performing above expectation means you cannot be criticised.

Common fallacy of never changing a winning team. He preferred to pick the team that would beat the opposition - horses for courses. In many instances, injury forced his hand. Those who keep saying that LuaLua will play more are going to be disappointed. His injury and hamstring problems mean he won't be able to play 90 minutes week in and week out. He failed his medical when he came here which was why we bargained his price down from Newcastle.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I didn't say never, I said more than once a year. I'm not even exaggerating, I think he has only done it twice in 2 seasons.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We may play our 1st XI v Newport as it'll be the new guy's first home match

:clap: :albion2: :clap:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Some of the posts on here are ridiculous. You would have thought we finished fourth bottom in the league as putting this together, Poyet hardly seems to have got anything right.

With the stuff that has happened, he probably needed to go and we need to move on. However, he did a great job and last season was great. We came fourth and played some great football. Sadly, it seems if you say this you must be pissed off with the club and that's not necessarily the case. We just need some balance.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Lua Lua will play more
We may score from a corner
We may make a substitution before we concede the 1st goal
We may make a substitution in the first half
We may make a substitution before the opposition
We may get someone who puts out the best team for the important league match not the cup match a few days before just because HE wants to look good on TV
We may get someone who treats taking a penalty as a serious matter
Caskey will play more
Referees may not dislike the new managers rants
We may really try and score the first goal
We may play OUR best side and not try & counter the oppositions team
We may try harder to score a 2nd to kill the game off
We may get someone who can train & improve CMS to shoot with his left
We may get someone who recognises that a job at a club with the 12th highest ST sales in the country IS a good job

What a bizarre set of comments. LuaLua may play more but he is very inconsistent and has had a fair number of injuries. We've actually scored from a fair number of corners since signing Ulloa. We've often made substitutions before conceding the first goal and before the opposition (no managers make first half substitutions unless they've got it spectacularly wrong).

If anything Poyet tended to play weakened teams in cup games (which league game are you talking about)? What on earth are you talking about with penalties? He tried to find a good penalty taker and in Lopez did. We don't know how ready Forster-Caskey is. He's only had a couple of games in our first team and did well but struggled on loan at Oxford.

A lot of managers rant at referees (Ferguson being a classic example). We always played the best team but you have to take into account the opponents when deciding what the best team is. He never said it wasn't a good job just when asked he didn't profess loyalty to Brighton forever.

The irony is this makes me seem like I completely side with Poyet. I don't but it really irritates me when people make up stuff to slag him off.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I assume you are referring to Gus' comment that he couldn't afford to keep Murray, because there were separate budgets for transfers and wages [and hence there was money to buy CMS, but not to pay Murray's wage demands]? His comment didn't make any sense to me at the time, because even if there WERE separate budgets, it implies that CMS wages would have been less than what Murray was asking for, and I find that very, very hard to believe.

It sounded to me like Gus was trying to come up with an excuse as to why he had let a striker leave the club, join a Championship rival, and proceed to have a prolific goalscoring season, whilst Gus struggled to fit his very expensive replacement into his style of play (let alone become an effective goalscorer).

It sounded to me like Gus was getting fed up of being blamed for not keeping Murray, when he wanted to but the board's policy of separate budgets prevented it happening.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It sounded to me like Gus was getting fed up of being blamed for not keeping Murray, when he wanted to but the board's policy of separate budgets prevented it happening.

Reading between the lines on posts made on here since the sacking it seems to me that Gus was being economical with the truth and effectively blaming Bloom for his own MASSIVE cock up in not keeping Murray and spending a fortune on a player he couldn't fit into his system. Could that have been the beginning of the end?

All complete conjecture of course.

I posted long before Murray left that I didn't think Poyet rated him so I do have a bit of an axe to grind on this :smile:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Hopefully our next manager will dismiss questions linking him with other vacant managerial positions with answers like 'I manage Brighton and Hove Albion, now ask me a question about my team, my players or our next game!'

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

But if what Poyet said was true, it would mean that CMS' wages would have been lower than Murray's demands. Do you seriously believe that? We smashed our transfer fee to sign a player also being sought by the likes of West Ham and Leicester, and we signed him on wages lower than Murray had requested? I simply cannot believe that to be the case.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Reading between the lines on posts made on here since the sacking it seems to me that Gus was being economical with the truth and effectively blaming Bloom for his own MASSIVE cock up in not keeping Murray and spending a fortune on a player he couldn't fit into his system. Could that have been the beginning of the end?

All complete conjecture of course:

Highly plausible - and spot on from what I've heard as well

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think key for me is that a new manager might give some of the long suffering development squad a crack at the whip......you have to admit, under Gus none of them were going to make it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here