Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good ol' Delusional Naylor.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Naylor must have got his journo's license free with a bag of cheese & onion because let's face it, he is one of the worst in his line of work...

Where in his job description does it say you must never say a bad word against your friends but must always stick the knife into anyone that won't co-operate or play a round of golf with him?...

If he doesn't get his own way with someone he goes out of his way to run that someone down.

The irony being that, if he'd have stayed here, he could have now been playing regularly, possibly keeping Hinshelwood out of the team.

Or he could be warming the bench. MA didn't play him when he had the chance early in the season, Forest courted him and he saw a chance for regular football at a bigger club, in a higher division, under a manager who rated him. Wanting to go is hardly a crime is it? I love the Albion and I'd love to see an Elphick / Lynch central pairing in defence but I think Lynch has done the right thing for HIM. Can you blame him? MA saying he wanted him doesn't translate into time on the pitch. If he was wanted so badly why was Hawkins keeping him out of the team?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Or he could be warming the bench. MA didn't play him when he had the chance early in the season, Forest courted him and he saw a chance for regular football at a bigger club, in a higher division, under a manager who rated him. Wanting to go is hardly a crime is it? I love the Albion and I'd love to see an Elphick / Lynch central pairing in defence but I think Lynch has done the right thing for HIM. Can you blame him? MA saying he wanted him doesn't translate into time on the pitch. If he was wanted so badly why was Hawkins keeping him out of the team?

I don't blame him for wanting to go to Forest and the move MAY be good for him in the long run. It depends what their new manager makes of him - I don't think he has seen him play yet. I just think the nature of his exit was crude and unprofessional.

Adams does have a blinkered attitude towards some players, and it does grate. Picking Hawkins over Lynch in the manner that he did (not the decision itself - it was the context of the decision) wasn't right, of course.

Last edited:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Adams is the manager and if he wants to bring in another player that is entirely upto him. Instead of taking this on the chin and fighting for his place, Lynch spat his dummy out and wanted a move as he wasn't the preferred choice anymore as he was with pal Wilkins. Hawkins played very well pre-season and in the four games prior to Lynch handing in his transfer request (end of August), and very much jusitifed his place in the team, so the argument of Adams putting in an injured Hawkins over Lynch is rubbish.

So Luton are a tough team because they'd be mid-table in league 2 had the points not been deducted.
Great - and we were also playing at home.

Naylor, forget re-inforcing these EXCUSES, we're shit and we know we are, and Adams has spewed enough excuses for a whole decade already.

Sorry, just going on posts from posters on NSC who claim to have been at home matches - for example BHA vs Luton.

Well I was there Tuesday night and I did not hear any booing of players and coaching team before the game or any booing of players coming on as a substitute.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I have just checked our league position in the programme from last season as at 19.1.08 and we were 9th in the league - it was albion v huddersfield programme - just so Mr Naylor knows what he talking about

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Total tripe from Naylor - no surprise that the only hints of negativity over Adams are coming from Brian Owen.

Almost as laughable as Tuesdays player ratings. All sixes and sevens apart from Cox (5). Does he only know the numbers 5-9? I've never seen anything else, even when we're buried. Piss poor journalism.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Naylor is a wanker, i hope he reads this since he gets all his non stories from here. f*** off Naylor you **** and take your shitty journalism with you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From Chesney Christ:

There's so many holes in his argument its not true.

Firstly, he said that we were not doing a lot better under Wilkins at
the same time last season. At this stage last season, we were 12th, with
games in hand to the teams above and below us. So, things WERE much
better because we were 8 places higher.

Given that he specifies the mansfield cup game as the equivalent point of the season, you could say the comparison is worse, because at the time of the mansfield game we were 10th.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Naylor is a wanker, i hope he reads this since he gets all his non stories from here. f*** off Naylor you **** and take your shitty journalism with you.

That's an intelligent argument. Prick......

Given that he specifies the mansfield cup game as the equivalent point of the season, you could say the comparison is worse, because at the time of the mansfield game we were 10th.

Also we played Mansfield in the 3rd round of the FA Cup last season, this season we got knocked out in the 1st round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here