Good ol' Delusional Naylor.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
this point last season:
5 home wins
4 away wins.
10th place in the table (after the squad was ripped apart).

Naylor suggest we're in the same place because we failed to beat lower league opposition.

I can't see how anyone can say that is a legitmate opinion? It completely misrepresents facts.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Well he's accused John Baine of saying he wanted Adams out... John Baine says he never said that, who is telling a right LIE there then?

Well, you can hear what I said - it's up here now. I didn't call for his head.
To be fair on the Argus, there is another piece where I get to put my side.
I compared Micky's return so far to the Velvet Underground reunion gig at Glastonbury in '93. Rarely so much expectation and so much disappointment!
Unlike the Velvets, though, he has the opportunity to put things right and turn things round mid-set.....

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Naylor right in every particular, this time.

At present, the team would be better off playing behind closed doors at Withdean.

Current transfer window system seems to have improved worse the old system.

Least we can do is allow MA to show what the outcome is of his second shot at building the team he wants. That is, to see who he has got/club has been able to afford/persuade, and then some games to settle into as a team.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
For once, I actually agree with him

As much as it pains me to say so, so do I.

Realism is something the majority of Albion fans could look up in the dictionary.

Historically we are a third division side, and that will continue to be the case until we are in Falmer, with hopefully bigger crowds and an increase in revenue. IF by then the board are still not investing in players with bigger ambitions and we continue to languish then by all means have a whine and a moan, but right now shut up support the team, or choose not to and last but by no means least let others have their say!

"What changed? What turned Albion into a team which finished seventh? Not the manager, they simply signed better quality players and that is exactly what needs to happen now."

So Mr Naylor all you have to do is sign better players and that makes you a better team does it?
That hasn't really worked for Manchester City this season has it you complete and utter fool?
What a biased piece of crap that statement is, he is sounding like an apologist for Adams now, thank Christ I don't buy that shit newspaper anymore.

Last edited:

Naylor right in every particular, this time.

You think he is right in saying that moving from 14th in the table to finish 7th was nothing to do with the manager? If so then why do we bother employing MA? Money wasted right? We could put clueless Bob Booker in charge and save all that money on wages as clearly it's irrelevant what the manager does. Unless you are one of Naylor's mates of course and then the sun shines out of your arse regardless of what you do.
The guy is a first class thundercunt.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, you can hear what I said - it's up here now. I didn't call for his head.
To be fair on the Argus, there is another piece where I get to put my side.
I compared Micky's return so far to the Velvet Underground reunion gig at Glastonbury in '93. Rarely so much expectation and so much disappointment!
Unlike the Velvets, though, he has the opportunity to put things right and turn things round mid-set.....

Indeed...

Albion announcer has no regrets

By Brian Owen

The Albion public address announcer who went public with his criticism of boss Micky Adams has refused to back down.

John Baine, a long-time Seagulls fanatic who was a heavily involved in the battle for a new stadium at Falmer, stunned local radio listeners when he went live on the air in the immediate aftermath of Tuesday’s 0-0 draw with Luton and slammed a “hopeless” performance. Baine, well known as punk musician and poet Attila The Stockbroker, says he has no regrets about taking to the airwaves to call for more fire from Adams and his team.

Baine, 51, said: “I just want the old Micky back. I suppose I said what I thought the old Micky Adams would have said to the players after Tuesday night’s performance. It was hopeless. I was really pleased when it was announced Micky was coming back. He is an Albion hero and he remains one to me. I was quite clear in what I was doing. I was expressing what I know a lot of people feel. We are supporters and we have a right to address our view in the right way and at the right time. I wanted to make a rallying call to Micky, to bring back the old Micky.”

Baine said he made his criticism as a ticket-buying supporter rather than as an employee. He revealed he did not receive payment for his matchday announcing role and added: “I buy a season ticket. I’m the same as any other fans. I’m not part of some gagged clique who used to be radical and are now in the inner circle and cannot speak out. But of course I would never say anything like that over the PA.”

Albion managing director Ken Brown said the club would not consider removing Baine from their PA team until they knew exactly what had been said.

Baine, however, sees no conflict in his on-air criticism. He said: “Dick Knight asked me to be PA announcer at Gillingham because of my stance and my love of football. I would hope Dick would not feel what I said was out of place. I’m encouraging Micky and the team but nobody will get me to toe the party line. I have always got on well with Dick. I’ve known him since before he was chairman. Everything I said was in the best interests of the club and said from the heart.”

Baine concedes it would be understandable if Adams had matured or mellowed in the eight years since he ended his successful first stint at Withdean. He added: "If he is changing then he needs to find a new style that works because this is patently not working. At the moment it’s like watching a band you loved years ago. It reminds me of when I went to see Velvet Underground in 1993 and they were disappointing. The old spark was not there. This is the same.”

That is simply an appalling piece of journalism.

I've never criticised Naylor before but to say "The situation was not much better this time last year under Dean Wilkins" is simply woeful.

By this time last year we had witnessed many more home wins, much more entertaining football and not nearly as much turgid crap we have seen week in week out since the start of the season.

The manager has brought in a number of loan players who are either not good enough or not properly used. If MA had brought Therry Racon into the team he would have either used him as left back, right midfield, up front or on the bench but certainly not in his best position :rant::rant:

Naylor's biased views are as bad as Harty and thank goodness someone stood up for the common sense fans on the phone in :clap::clap::clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Naylor admits that even if Luton hadn't had ANY points deducted they'd still be in the bottom half of League 2.

Therefore, we are playing a WEAK side at HOME in the SEMI-FINAL with Wembley beckoning, we then fail to score and play football that has been universally condemned by all of the fans in attendance and yet he is saying the fans are being unreasonable? Incredible.

I acknowledge that Micky had a few injuries, but he inherited a decent squad and has added to it - Micky didn't have to rehire Mayo and Hart, and he could easily have swapped Robinson for someone else if he had fancied it. Therefore, we should have had enough about us to have beaten Luton.

Naylor is inferring the fans are being unreasonable with the manager, but those same fans were very reasonable and supportive of Wilkins, who was dumped by the board without explanation.

This club is in danger of losing touch with the fans, and that article reads like Naylor is defending his own brother.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
What changed? What turned Albion into a team which finished seventh? Not the manager, they simply signed better quality players and that is exactly what needs to happen now.
Ah right, so on that basis, Alex Ferguson has done f*** all for Man Utd? Sir Alf never won us a World Cup? In fact your good old mate McGhee contributed absolutely f*** all to our last promotion?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm reading it - but I can't believe the Argus have actually run a big story on this issue. Jesus, how small-time do we look. Have they got an entire desk trying to make trouble for anyone loosely connected to the club? No other news to cover today?

It's a total non-story, for the simple reason that anyone who IS happy with the team's performance at the moment is clearly insane. 'Man not very happy about three wins in 30 shock'. What a scoop.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
By this time last year we had witnessed many more home wins, much more entertaining football and not nearly as much turgid crap we have seen week in week out since the start of the season..
.:

Can't argue with the home wins bit, but 'much more entertaining' is pushing it a bit. Our season only really got motoring around mid-February. We had some pretty diabolical games last season - most of which had little to do with any 'team upheaval'.

You're right about less turgid crap as well though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A lot of the football last season wasn't pretty, but Wilkins was managing to get decent performances from Elphick, Whing, Lynch and, on occasions, Cox and Fraser.

But is there ANY player in this squad who has performed either at or above their potential under Adams? We are underachieving in spectacular fashion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A lot of the football last season wasn't pretty, but Wilkins was managing to get decent performances from Elphick, Whing, Lynch and, on occasions, Cox and Fraser.

But is there ANY player in this squad who has performed either at or above their potential under Adams? We are underachieving in spectacular fashion.

Sullivan and Hinshelwood. :p

But I know what you mean - no-one has progressed.

Forster and Kuipers are probably the only ones who haven't regressed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here