Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good ol' Delusional Naylor.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
So Mr Naylor how is this better than this time last year?? And wasnt the Mansfield game in round 2?? We didnt even make it that far this season

Attachments

• table.JPG
    table.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 103

How much more chance does Adams need to sign better quality players.....Hawkins, Compton, Hart, Mayo, McLeod, Anyinsah, Savage, Richards, Thornton, Johnson, Fleetwood, Virgo, Birchall......Adams sign them ALL

Oh but this team is not Mickey's team, we have to give him time to build his own team, right?!!!
This performance of the team at the moment is simply not good enough and I can't personally see it getting any better under Adams, thanks for the good days Mickey all those years ago, but I'm afraid it's time for you to leave the club.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That can't be right Brettles. We were 8 points off the play off spot in that table, with 2 games in hand. I know that isn't right because Naylor has just said we're in the same position as we were last season. What a f***ing nob.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Naylor isn’t as bad as he is often made out but this is a flawed article in so many ways

If I remember we lost to Mansfield because half our team were suffering from the Flu and the other half had disappeared back from their loan spells. Mansfield was the nadir of our season – Nothing to me suggests we have hit rock bottom yet. We also had about 3 games in hand all at home at this stage last year so our position in the league was arguably false. Our season turned when played and won most of those games.

Contrary to Naylors belief, the manager MUST make a difference. If it’s the job of the manager to get the best out of the players then Adams has f***ed up Royal. Cox, Robinson, Whing, Richards and Murray at a minimum are worse this year than last – Not to mention Lynch. Some if not all of the blame lies at the managers door. If people working for me perform poorly I would get moved on – So should Adams.

Naylor mentions Westlake as a quality signing. He would surely have been available for loan this year as he went to Cheltenham (I think). On that basis, the manager must have deemed other loan signings as a better option which calls his judgement into question if this player is so good that Adams couldn’t see it.

Lastly, It’s not all village idiots calling for Adams head. NSC and Withdean has its fair share of twats. Some of the people questioning what the f*** is going on this year are amongst the voices of reason.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From Chesney Christ:

There's so many holes in his argument its not true.

Firstly, he said that we were not doing a lot better under Wilkins at
the same time last season. At this stage last season, we were 12th, with
games in hand to the teams above and below us. So, things WERE much
better because we were 8 places higher.

Secondly, we were not performing appalling week in week out. There were
obviously some poor performances last season but nothing that matches
the worst 5 or 6 performances this year.

Thirdly, Adams' has already done his rebuilding so why all this nonsense
about bringing player in in January? He has already (unlike Wilkins)
signed loads of players this season, not to mention all the loanees.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don;'t understand this football cliche about needing to "give a manager time to build his own team".

Did Mourinho have to build his own team? No, Ranieri had got Chelsea to the Champions League semi-final and was responsible for making Cech, Terry, Lampard and Gudjonsson into global superstars.

All Micky really had to do was tweak one or two things. Unfortunately, he broke up the Elphick / Lynch axis, didn't sign a decent permanent left-back, failed to bring in essential central midfield creativity and didn't bring in any striking cover. He further muddied the waters by bringing in 2 central defenders and rehiring Mayo and Hart.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Wrong, Brett. So so WRONG!

It was the Third Round.

Ah yes, well that makes it so much better for our Micky

That can't be right Brettles. We were 8 points off the play off spot in that table, with 2 games in hand. I know that isn't right because Naylor has just said we're in the same position as we were last season. What a f***ing nob.

I just did some research at the table last Christmas and end of last season, Naylor has a point......

Attachments

• table christmas.JPG
    table christmas.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 88
  • table eos.JPG
    table eos.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 88

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don;'t understand this football cliche about needing to "give a manager time to build his own team".

Did Mourinho have to build his own team? No, Ranieri had got Chelsea to the Champions League semi-final and was responsible for making Cech, Terry, Lampard and Gudjonsson into global superstars.

All Micky really had to do was tweak one or two things. Unfortunately, he broke up the Elphick / Lynch axis, didn't sign a decent permanent left-back, failed to bring in essential central midfield creativity and didn't bring in any striking cover. He further muddied the waters by bringing in 2 central defenders and rehiring Mayo and Hart.

Yes and no.

He needed to do more than one or two things - it's unlikely that squad he inherited would be have been Play-off material (we were reliant on loan signings last year too), short as it was on a decent central midfield player (we haven't had one since Sidwell - and this Division just doesn't have many anyway) and a decent enough left-back. It was certainly nowhere near good enough to survive in the Championship.

Unfortunately what he has done has gone hopelessly wrong.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Bournemouth went down on 48 points last season!

Back on topic - last season is constantly being re written by the club and those repoting on it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes and no.

He needed to do more than one or two things - it's unlikely that squad he inherited would be have been Play-off material (we were reliant on loan signings last year too), short as it was on a decent central midfield player (we haven't had one since Sidwell - and this Division just doesn't have many anyway) and a decent enough left-back. It was certainly nowhere near good enough to survive in the Championship.

Joel Lynch, Joel Lynch, Joel Lynch and Joel Lynch. Now a Championship player.
Virgo Elphick Hinshlewood and Lynch would be a perfectly good enough defence for challenging at the top of League One.

I would argue Hammond was decent as well. Between all the players we've had over the past season or so there could easily be a Championship standard midfield in there (O'Callaghan, Westlake, Thornton, Savage (used correctly!), Hammond, Livermore, plenty.)

zego

Jul 10, 2003
You think he is right in saying that moving from 14th in the table to finish 7th was nothing to do with the manager? If so then why do we bother employing MA? Money wasted right? We could put clueless Bob Booker in charge and save all that money on wages as clearly it's irrelevant what the manager does. Unless you are one of Naylor's mates of course and then the sun shines out of your arse regardless of what you do.
The guy is a first class thundercunt.

Naylor on weak ground there, half right, half wrong.

Wilkins supporters often say "reached 7th", which is factually true end of season position.

However, the progress in the latter half of that season was that for a time it looked as though we had a very good chance of overtaking weakening clubs above us,and making 6th. In fact we trailed away from the play-off positions, and at the same time stronger rumours started circulating about relationship beween team and team management.

At which time Directors had to step in, and make plans towards at best a least-worst solution to an unsustainable situation.

Not sure why Booker comes in for so much stick - as previously, his postion is more trainer and motivator, not manager.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure why Booker comes in for so much stick - as previously, his postion is more trainer and motivator, not manager.

Answered your own question. Players look horrendously unfit and unmotivated.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In fact we trailed away from the play-off positions.

I'd give ANYTHING to be trailing away from the play-off positions right now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Because our players' apparent lack of effort is down to either lack of fitness (responsibility of the trainer) or lack of motivation (down to the er, motivator)?

This doesn't remove the issue with tactics, and positional knowledge, etc that are the responsibility of thre manager (along with further motivation)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Joel Lynch, Joel Lynch, Joel Lynch and Joel Lynch. Now a Championship player.
Virgo Elphick Hinshlewood and Lynch would be a perfectly good enough defence for challenging at the top of League One.

I would argue Hammond was decent as well. Between all the players we've had over the past season or so there could easily be a Championship standard midfield in there (O'Callaghan, Westlake, Thornton, Savage (used correctly!), Hammond, Livermore, plenty.)

Joel Lynch is not that good at left-back - at least, his best games were in the centre. Anyhow, he chose for himself to get the hump and go bench-warming in Nottingham, so he can reap what he sows. Having said that, he didn't even warm the bench last Saturday, despite recovering from injury.

I was talking about the team Micky inherited. On paper you might be right about those six players you've mentioned, but at no time were any four of those at the club at the same time, so it's hard to judge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here