Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good ol' Delusional Naylor.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Comment: Ranters should get real (From The Argus)

Albion's goalless draw against Luton on Tuesday provoked a ridiculous over-reaction in some quarters.

John Baine was on the radio like a shot after the final whistle to rant and rage – and he is part of the club’s public address team at Withdean!

Baine and other fans calling for Micky Adams’ head have short memories. The situation was not much better this time last year under Dean Wilkins.

Luton are not really bottom of League Two. Without their 30 point deduction for their financial problems they would be just below halfway.

A year ago Albion lost at home to Mansfield in the FA Cup. Yes, that’s right, the same Mansfield who went on to be relegated and are now playing in the Blue Square premier.

I recall Wilkins complaining at the time that his depleted squad for that match, containing eight youth team products, looked weak.

Adams found himself in a similar situation against Luton. He had to rely on seven youth team products in the starting line-up, with two more on the bench.

Jake Robinson, making his first start since May, has not scored since March. The squad was also ravaged by injuries.

Tommy Elphick, Adam Virgo and Tommy Fraser were all carrying knocks. By the end the side included Kerry Mayo, who has played one game in the reserves after three months out, and David Livermore on his comeback from knee surgery.

The Mansfield defeat came during an eight-match period last season in which Albion won only once, drew two and lost five. Two points out of 15 dropped them to 14th in the table and they were on the slide.

What changed? What turned Albion into a team which finished seventh? Not the manager, they simply signed better quality players and that is exactly what needs to happen now.

There were three key additions. Glenn Murray arrived during the January transfer window followed by Ian Westlake on loan from Leeds and Therry Racon from Charlton.

Murray scored goals, Westlake and Racon improved the midfield.

The rest of Albion’s season will be defined by their transfer business. Stockport left-back Jim McNulty is unlikely to make a £150,000 move south, given that Ipswich and Leeds are also believed to be interested in him.

Nevertheless, the fee agreed with County, together with another substantial bid for an unidentified Championship midfielder, are at least demonstrations of intent by chairman Dick Knight and the board.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So under Wilkins, when Brighton did well it was nothing to do with him, but when they did badly it was all his fault? What childish nonsense, certainly not professional journalism.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
For once, I actually agree with him

But if it was Wilkins in the same situation (who wasn't Naylor's mate) then you can bet your life good old two faced Naylor would be putting the knife in and not licking arse, he just writes what he thinks his mates would like to hear, in fact he probably runs it by them first before going to print.

Anyway, what has any of this got to do with a Stoke fan?... What right has old grease head got to tell anyone else what to think or do?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
But if it was Wilkins in the same situation (who wasn't Naylor's mate) then you can bet your life good old two faced Naylor would be putting the knife in and not licking arse, he just writes what he thinks his mates would like to hear, in fact he probably runs it by them first before going to print.

Anyway, what has any of this got to do with a Stoke fan?... What right has old grease head got to tell anyone else what to think or do?

As much right as you have to express your opinions on a public forum. He just happens to get paid for it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
As much right as you have to express your opinions on a public forum. He just happens to get paid for it.
He could at least PRETEND to be impartial though. And not tell out and out lies.

His opinion pieces are ridiculous to be honest. Why does he feel the need to use The Argus as a platform to reply to NSC. He might as well join, only then his half baked nonsense would get ripped to shreds.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
What is the same: Depleted Squad,

Under Manager Wilkins why a depleted squad - Players sold and injuries
Under Manager Adams why a depleted squad - Half the 1st team were loan deals, best defender loaned out and injuries

League Position: Wilkins 14th / Top half of table
League Position: Adams Bottom 5

What turned things around not the manager - Bollocks, who identified these players, and the three players he brought in, replaced those that left and were doing a better job than we are now! Are you telling me Westlake would not have come back in the summer if asked - maybe?

Naylor should be sacked for publishing such blatant propaganda

Last edited:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Funny, for years people have had a go at Naylor for being anti the club.

Now people are having a go for spouting club propaganda!

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Funny, for years people have had a go at Naylor for being anti the club.

Now people are having a go for spouting club propaganda!

So someone who frequently in the past slated the team, manager and club as you say, why has he not done it this season when we are in our worst predicament (sp?) in years?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He points out our worst run of last season and uses as evidence that Micky isn't clueless... despite the fact that even a run of P8 W1 D2 L5 would count as a good run this season! The cheek of it is absolutely galling.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I agree with him to some degree. We have seen a lot of poor stuff at Withdean this season. But the anger and bile in some people's reactions is just a bit pathetic. Add to that the complete lack of support from the vast majority at Withdean, and Brighton fans don't look very good at all. To be honest, I'm starting to wish for excuses not to go along any more, even though I have a ST. The negative atmosphere, watching and listening to sad old men taking out the misery of their lives on our team and our management, and the complete lack of any positive passion make it a rubbish place to spend any amount of time at all. We may have drawn 0-0 with Luton, but we are still very much in a with a decent chance of going to Wembley. And then, hopefully we will have the backing of all our fans, including the people who only go to away games, and the Brighton tourist fans who only come to big games. Because at least they get behind the team and are positive. Our core home support is starting to represent a geriatric lunatic asylum.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Naylor makes good points but his tone is so biased that he dilutes the power of his argument... he DOES sound like an apologist.

Facts are what you make of them and again I say that Naylor and I can agree on everythign that he has written but it doesn't hide the fact that tactical errors where made AGAIN on Tuesday and the team does not show the hunger that it needs... that has nothign to do with stats... and Naylor ignores this.

If Mcghee was here he would have been sacked ages ago... it was never this desperate under Mcghee

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If Mcghee was here he would have been sacked ages ago... it was never this desperate under Mcghee[/QUOTE]

Mrs Mcghee may not agree whith that :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here