Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news - at least 2 new faces in transfer window?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jim D said:
Watto was never more than an average fullback. What made him special was his ability to cross the ball and take freekicks. But, since we moved up to Div 1 that talent never showed itself again. In fact, his freekicks were invariably dealt with by the better class of defender/keeper we had to face. I think this also dealt a big blow to his confidence and after a while he didn't even threaten with the dead ball.

When we went back down he was given a few chances but then he got injured. Back in the Championship I expect McGhee realised that he wouldn't make it and let him go as soon as he could. The fact that Adams took him to Coventry and then let him go quite soon after shows that MM wasn't the only one that realised it.

Hart, on the other hand, has always given his all - in whatever position he's been asked to play in. While he's not as quick as he was he's certainly good enough to give the Championship wingers a game. If I was the manager I'd have Hart in mind when picking the team as I'd know he wouldn't let me down. If I didn't pick him to start I'd certainly have him on the bench.

I dont think that MM is concerned about positional players. He has shown throughout his career ( when you talk to other teams fans) that his greatest "strength" is converting players to different positions. Virigo and Reid is the prime example of this.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
NMH said:
I think you should be careful not to be too celebratory about the idea of new drafted faces, but more specifically that any new lads are a benefit to the side - before calling anything "good news".

Good news is that we got the nod for Falmer, good news is when we score and win points and/or games. Good news is when we pull clear of the relegation zone.

I have faith that we'll get out of the drop-zone, and that we do have talent in the side that is capable of beating decent sides in this division. I hope that McGhee can see a couple of things about the side that require tweaking, and is able to apply the right touches to make that happen - I believe he can and will.

The side HAS been reinforced since last season, but the players we had to sell, were ones that we could still do with now. We should be trying to keep players like CKR, Seb Carole, Leon, Al Jarrett and Blayney, as well as the reliable core of the team. There must be a few reserve players who are not going to cut the mustard, and if they haven't by now perhaps we should see them move to clubs where they can achieve something.

As the results and MM suggests, we are a couple of players short of turning draws into wins - and we might expect a couple of the right 'adjustments' to make the difference. We still, though, have to hope that the side stays fit and injury free.
God how could I possibly think that plans to sign a few new players which might help us to stay up is good news? How could I have possibly interpreted it as that? Of course it's not Falmer but neverthless, the indication that we're going to sign some new players has got to be good news. It's encouraging to know we've got some money in the pot to get a few new faces in. And for him to come out and say it now must mean he's confident of getting them.

Last edited:

Stumpy Tim

KinkyGoebels said:
No worse than Hart
Never seen Hart at full-back so couldn't comment. Watto was definitely out of his depth though, so I can comment on that.

Keeping a right-back who is "no worse" (or better) than a striker/winger playing out of position would be a waste of money for a club like ours

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hart may not be a natural defender, but neither is Watto really, at least Hart can tackle. And run. And stay fit for more then 5 minutes.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think we ever saw Watto in the First division ( championship) did we?

I thought he got injured pretty quickly into the campaign and that was that.

I still am yet to see a better crosser of the ball than watto...certainly 50% of Zammo's goals came from his crosses and quick free kicks.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
dave the gaffer said:
I dont think we ever saw Watto in the First division ( championship) did we?

I thought he got injured pretty quickly into the campaign and that was that.

I still am yet to see a better crosser of the ball than watto...certainly 50% of Zammo's goals came from his crosses and quick free kicks.

thats a fact is it?

:lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the right footed denilson said:
thats a fact is it?

:lolol:

since when did facts come into the argument.

having said that when you see the albion video's look how many goals zammo scored when watto croosed the ball...it was a fair few

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
dave the gaffer said:
since when did facts come into the argument.

having said that when you see the albion video's look how many goals zammo scored when watto croosed the ball...it was a fair few

Also chipped in with a few.

didnt he set up Hammond in Wigan game last year and started the move for the Watford home game as well?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
KinkyGoebels said:
Also chipped in with a few.

didnt he set up Hammond in Wigan game last year and started the move for the Watford home game as well?

I believe did. Wattos distribution was v v good it has to be said.

Anyway lets watch Magoo waste these two signings. They will probably be both wingers or something....

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I bet he signs a SLUT FACED WHORE:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: just for you mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here