Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news - at least 2 new faces in transfer window?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We have the other half of Harding's money still to come and his appearance money soon.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
KinkyGoebels said:
Yeah, 3 month contract for watto would have not have really broken the bank would it?

No wouldnt have done, also could have been a good idea to bridge the gap to the january transfer window where yorkie says we get the rest of the harding money. MM was never going to give watto a contract because he was injured most of the previous season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
Yeah, 3 month contract for watto would have not have really broken the bank would it?
He was a rubbish left back though. Even Micky Adams doesn't love him anymore.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
The Large One said:
He may be trying, but for the past dozen or so games, he has been our 11th best player.

Totally Agree with that.

The only caveat I'd add is that Reid is unfortunate in that the Frutos/Jarret aren't the most able defensive assistants on the left side and Hammond's form seems to have deserted him of late.

Left Back is a must.

Last edited:

I think you should be careful not to be too celebratory about the idea of new drafted faces, but more specifically that any new lads are a benefit to the side - before calling anything "good news".

Good news is that we got the nod for Falmer, good news is when we score and win points and/or games. Good news is when we pull clear of the relegation zone.

I have faith that we'll get out of the drop-zone, and that we do have talent in the side that is capable of beating decent sides in this division. I hope that McGhee can see a couple of things about the side that require tweaking, and is able to apply the right touches to make that happen - I believe he can and will.

The side HAS been reinforced since last season, but the players we had to sell, were ones that we could still do with now. We should be trying to keep players like CKR, Seb Carole, Leon, Al Jarrett and Blayney, as well as the reliable core of the team. There must be a few reserve players who are not going to cut the mustard, and if they haven't by now perhaps we should see them move to clubs where they can achieve something.

As the results and MM suggests, we are a couple of players short of turning draws into wins - and we might expect a couple of the right 'adjustments' to make the difference. We still, though, have to hope that the side stays fit and injury free.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
He may be trying, but for the past dozen or so games, he has been our 11th best player. The number of times he CONSISTENTLY mis-places his passes, either into touch or an inch-perfect slide rule pass to the creative midfielder on the other team has left me exasperated.

Granted, all players mis-place passes, but his are time and time again, especially when he is under no pressure.

I'm not trying to pick on him (too much), it just seems that his playing quality is vastly different this season compared to last season. And him playing out of position doesn't affect him putting yet another simple pass into the stands/long jump sandpit/running track.

You forgot hammer net.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
Did someone say watto was at woking?

Yes-he's there on a non contract basis.

KinkyGoebels said:

I'm betting you would have been the first to condemn us spending money on a player who has been injured for virtually 18 months solid :)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Derby stated last week they were hesitating to sell/loan striker Paul Peschisolido to a 'fellow struggling team' as they felt he would give said team a really good chance of staying up... could we afford him?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Jam The Man said:
Derby stated last week they were hesitating to sell/loan striker Paul Peschisolido to a 'fellow struggling team' as they felt he would give said team a really good chance of staying up... could we afford him?

No, and the other team is WENDY

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Watto was never more than an average fullback. What made him special was his ability to cross the ball and take freekicks. But, since we moved up to Div 1 that talent never showed itself again. In fact, his freekicks were invariably dealt with by the better class of defender/keeper we had to face. I think this also dealt a big blow to his confidence and after a while he didn't even threaten with the dead ball.

When we went back down he was given a few chances but then he got injured. Back in the Championship I expect McGhee realised that he wouldn't make it and let him go as soon as he could. The fact that Adams took him to Coventry and then let him go quite soon after shows that MM wasn't the only one that realised it.

Hart, on the other hand, has always given his all - in whatever position he's been asked to play in. While he's not as quick as he was he's certainly good enough to give the Championship wingers a game. If I was the manager I'd have Hart in mind when picking the team as I'd know he wouldn't let me down. If I didn't pick him to start I'd certainly have him on the bench.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sneaky George said:
MM has said he hopes to bring in at least 2 new faces in transfer window. I think we need at least 3 new players; a goalie ( Henderson?), a left-back and a striker who can score goals. On official site now.

I think you will find that he said that a while ago.

The word on the street is that we have "interviewed" loads of players but despite the Falmer factor, no-one still wants to come down here.

Does the Henderson and Mcshane "loans" count as his two players coming in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here