Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news - at least 2 new faces in transfer window?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Hinshelwood is a rubbish full back. Reid/Dodd at right back and someone new (and left footed) at left back.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Large One said:
These are the people - even if it is not their best position - who can or could play as full-backs...

Right backs:

Reid
Hart
Dodd
El-Abd
Nicolas

Left backs:

Mayo
Dodd
Reid
Frutos (at a push)

Agreed, the left-back situation looks thin, but a decent midfielder who can get stuck in AND who knows how to pass it to the forwards is far more urgent, I would say.
Chippy? ???

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Large One said:
These are the people - even if it is not their best position - who can or could play as full-backs...

Left backs:

Mayo
Dodd
Reid
Frutos (at a push)

Agreed, the left-back situation looks thin, but a decent midfielder who can get stuck in AND who knows how to pass it to the forwards is far more urgent, I would say.

Totally disagree, MM has already said that Kerry isnt in his plans as a left back, we all know reid cannot play there very well given that he is right footed, Dodd is probably the person MM wants in there but again would be better suited to right back and given his injuries since hes been here will probably only last 20 mins. Left back is a must in jan!

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I think all things considered Reid has done reasonable, at least he is commited to the team by playing out of position (Kieran Dyer springs to mind) I'm sure reidy would be the first to tell you he's no left back, but that said, he has only in recent weeks looked out of his depth (since Stoke IMO) i'm fully aware a month is a long time in football, and i'm not suggesting we should have a parade celebrating his performances, but one thing we can be sure of he is trying his socks off!

Creative midfielder is paramount.

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Silent Bob said:
Hinshelwood is a rubbish full back. Reid/Dodd at right back and someone new (and left footed) at left back.

Hinsh is a quality defender, better at centre half but i would rather have him at right back than harty! If fit dodd and reid would be the best options though.

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Redhead said:
I think all things considered Reid has done reasonable, at least he is commited to the team by playing out of position (Kieran Dyer springs to mind) I'm sure reidy would be the first to tell you he's no left back, but that said, he has only in recent weeks looked out of his depth (since Stoke IMO) i'm fully aware a month is a long time in football, and i'm not suggesting we should have a parade celebrating his performances, but one thing we can be sure of he is trying his socks off!

amen!:bowdown:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
To be honest its not the scoring thats the problem its the defending, There has been two 2-2, a 3-3 and a 3-2 loss strikers should not have to score 4 goals in home games to win a match.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
KinkyGoebels said:
To be honest its not the scoring thats the problem its the defending, There has been two 2-2, a 3-3 and a 3-2 loss strikers should not have to score 4 goals in home games to win a match.

Strange that last year we would score one goal and win games, dont know how many times weve done that this year?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Large One said:
The injured, getting on a bit Chippy?

On his day, an absolutely sound midfielder, but not sure about his 'engine' any more. (No crap jokes, please).
I agree but a player like him but younger is not going to be easy to find/cheap. I think our central midfield and strikers are good enough to keep us up, when all fit. The full back positions worry me and centre back if we cannot get McShane for the rest of the season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Are we actually admitting that we're missing Harding?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Redhead said:
He may be trying, but for the past dozen or so games, he has been our 11th best player. The number of times he CONSISTENTLY mis-places his passes, either into touch or an inch-perfect slide rule pass to the creative midfielder on the other team has left me exasperated.

Granted, all players mis-place passes, but his are time and time again, especially when he is under no pressure.

I'm not trying to pick on him (too much), it just seems that his playing quality is vastly different this season compared to last season. And him playing out of position doesn't affect him putting yet another simple pass into the stands/long jump sandpit/running track.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
I think people who dont admit are in denial
Agreed. He was not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but we never replaced him.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yorkie said:
Are we actually admitting that we're missing Harding?

I dont think we would miss harding if we had re invested a small amount (15%?) of the money we received from his transfer to bring in a season long loan or a half decent left sided defender with some pace.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sir danny cullip said:
I dont think we would miss harding if we had re invested a small amount (15%?) of the money we received from his transfer to bring in a season long loan or a half decent left sided defender with some pace.

Instead Mcghee spent 25% on a crap striker

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
KinkyGoebels said:
Mcghees big mistake was letting 2 usefull lb go in the sumer as well.

You talking about harding and watto/jonah? There was no way watto was going to get a new contract but i think its unfortunate we let jonah go. Did someone say watto was at woking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here