Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news - at least 2 new faces in transfer window?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
MM has said he hopes to bring in at least 2 new faces in transfer window. I think we need at least 3 new players; a goalie ( Henderson?), a left-back and a striker who can score goals. On official site now.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Large One said:
We've got enough strikers thank you.

We just need people who can pass properly to the strikers instead of belting the ball upfield and asking them to 'go fetch'.

Agree about the midfielders, still not convinced the strikers we have are good enough though.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
KinkyGoebels said:
2 of the 7 are are.

I assume you mean leon :love: :p and kazim, thought kazim looked bright yesterday. Jake and McPhee tried hard but still waiting for jake to get that goal then i think that'll give him some much needed confidence.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kinky, despite that fact that I quite wrongly swore at you I have to agree with what you say. :thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sir danny cullip said:
I assume you mean leon :love: :p and kazim, thought kazim looked bright yesterday. Jake and McPhee tried hard but still waiting for jake to get that goal then i think that'll give him some much needed confidence.

Aye, Snuggle kins and ckr are those two.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
KinkyGoebels said:
Aye, Snuggle kins and ckr are those two.

:lolol: Just what i thought! I agree to a certain extent although neithers goalscoring records are prolific in this league. CKR definatly has something about him that makes me think he will score goals given a chance though. Leon and CKR up front saturday?...doubt it very much!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KinkyGoebels said:
I think a left back is now a must, although it has been since when harding left.

Never impressed with Harding, even in midfield, and even considering his attitude with wanting to get away fast.

Reid has been a SERIOUS disappointment at full-back this season, after doing pretty well last season. But with Dodd (injured foot), Mayo (injured pride), and Reid all capable of occupying that spot and not - for varying reasons - being able to do a job, do we need ANOTHER bloody full-back? It would make Dodd and Mayo surplus to requirements.

Mayo actually does play his best games when he is tackling or battering players. Put hiim up against a half-decent winger though, and he is f***ed. Unless he puts him into Row S in the first five minutes.

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Large One said:

Reid has been a SERIOUS disappointment at full-back this season, after doing pretty well last season. But with Dodd (injured foot), Mayo (injured pride), and Reid all capable of occupying that spot and not - for varying reasons - being able to do a job. Do we need ANOTHER bloody full-back?

No we need a left back. Reid has not been a disappointment when hes played right back, only left back. He finds it hard to distribute the ball and to be honest i think id rather have kerry at left back and reid at right back. Poor guy is giving his best but playing someone who came to us a right sided or central creative midfielder at left back isnt going to work.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Never impressed with Harding, even in midfield, and even considering his attitude with wanting to get away fast.

Reid has been a SERIOUS disappointment at full-back this season, after doing pretty well last season. But with Dodd (injured foot), Mayo (injured pride), and Reid all capable of occupying that spot and not - for varying reasons - being able to do a job, do we need ANOTHER bloody full-back? It would make Dodd and Mayo surplus to requirements.

Mayo actually does play his best games when he is tackling or battering players. Put hiim up against a half-decent winger though, and he is f***ed. Unless he puts him into Row S in the first five minutes.

Harding is a dam sight better full back than Hart who is woeful there, RFeid has been poor this year because he is not a left back.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
sir danny cullip said:
No we need a left back. Reid has not been a disappointment when hes played right back, only left back. He finds it hard to distribute the ball and to be honest i think id rather have kerry at left back and reid at right back. Poor guy is giving his best but playing someone who came to us a right sided or central creative midfielder at left back isnt going to work.
Basically agree apart from the 'Reid playing at right back is OK' bit. Left or right-back, his distribution has been - and I use the words advisedly - utter shit.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Large One said:

Reid has been a SERIOUS disappointment at full-back this season, after doing pretty well last season. But with Dodd (injured foot), Mayo (injured pride), and Reid all capable of occupying that spot and not - for varying reasons - being able to do a job, do we need ANOTHER bloody full-back?
Yes. We need a left back as Reid has been poor though, and it will allow us to switch him back to right back where he impressed (Harty is clearly not a defender I'm afraid).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
KinkyGoebels said:
Harding is a dam sight better full back than Hart who is woeful there, RFeid has been poor this year because he is not a left back.
A bit unfair to say he is 'woeful' but, yes, we need a proper full-back there. I am just not convinced Reid's form is good enough - at left or right back.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Large One said:
A bit unfair to say he is 'woeful' but, yes, we need a proper full-back there. I am just not convinced Reid's form is good enough - at left or right back.

I disagree about reid not being good at right back but i think when Hinshlewood comes back it will be interesting to see if MM plays hinshlewood/el abd/reid at right back. Surely he wouldnt persist with harty there...:shootself

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:

The sad truth is Hart is a one of the fans Favorite and does get the rose tinted specs from some.
Example would be his part in the Ipswich goal, nothing was mention of how badly out of postion he was.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
These are the people - even if it is not their best position - who can or could play as full-backs...

Right backs:

Reid
Hart
Dodd
El-Abd
Nicolas

Left backs:

Mayo
Dodd
Reid
Frutos (at a push)

Agreed, the left-back situation looks thin, but a decent midfielder who can get stuck in AND who knows how to pass it to the forwards is far more urgent, I would say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here