Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news and bad news.

Yorkie said:
My father in law was glad to be made redundant.

It's funny how as someone who was a victim of a marriage break-up yourself, you should be so callous to the effect that redundancy has on family life. Because of the terrible strain the lack of money has on family life, divorces rocketed massively in communities affected by large-scale job losses - it's just that the rises in suicide rates, in alcoholism, of crime rates, of drug-taking have all tended to hog the headlines.

They just seem to be statistics to you, you don't seem to connect to the fact that there was real people suffering because of deliberate political act by Thatcher to collapse the economy and "discipline" the labour market. And because you know someone who was happy that his job was sold so that the next generation could never have it, somehow you think those who did suffer brought the fate on themselves? Very hard.

I have a letter written by my Great Aunt Lily, who was 88 years old in 1982.

I quote it as an illustration of what a respectable old lady - a retired hospital matron - was thinking at the end of the Falklands War.

"Thank God the fighting in the Falklands has finished, but there doesn't seem to have been a settlement. And what a mess that filthy Junta have left Port Stanley and many other places in. It had no right to happen. Had there been a decent government in this country, it wouldn't. This government was warned on April 1st that the invasion was imminent and they did nothing about it. The blood of all those who died is smeared over the faces of all those government ministers, especially Thatcher's".

I can't say I disagree.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lord Bracknell said:
I have a letter written by my Great Aunt Lily, who was 88 years old in 1982.

I quote it as an illustration of what a respectable old lady - a retired hospital matron - was thinking at the end of the Falklands War.

"Thank God the fighting in the Falklands has finished, but there doesn't seem to have been a settlement. And what a mess that filthy Junta have left Port Stanley and many other places in. It had no right to happen. Had there been a decent government in this country, it wouldn't. This government was warned on April 1st that the invasion was imminent and they did nothing about it. The blood of all those who died is smeared over the faces of all those government ministers, especially Thatcher's".

I can't say I disagree.

Just because you are a Lord, a mod and a KNIGHT, don't think you can get away with that rubbish as you are not a SAILOR

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
chip said:
Best PM in my lifetime and much more honest than the current bunch of tossers "running" the country.

I guess a lot of men can't yet cope with the idea of a woman being the best leader (or best at anything).

It's nothing to do with the fact that's she's a woman. More the fact that she's an EVIL cow.

So the last Tory government was honest was it?! Please tell me that's a joke.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
She must have got better. I heard someone say she was in goal for Benfica this evening.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
El Presidente said:
I have no time for Thatcher, she cynically started a war as a last gasp attempt to win an election

That's right, and why didn't Europe just hand over Poland to that nice Mr Hitler back in 1939. Seeing as it's so close to Germany, Poland is rightfully theirs isn't it. Why did we feel we had to start WWII instead?

YOU TWAT!

Gritt23 said:
That's right, and why didn't Europe just hand over Poland to that nice Mr Hitler back in 1939. Seeing as it's so close to Germany, Poland is rightfully theirs isn't it. Why did we feel we had to start WWII instead?

YOU TWAT!

How can you compare a community of 1,800 people whose sovereignty was about to be negotiated away anyway with an entire nation of millions?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gritt23 said:

YOU TWAT!

......and the Argies killed 6 million Jews did they? The two wars have nothing in common.

I call your TWAT and raise you a FUCKFEATURES

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
El Presidente said:
......and the Argies killed 6 million Jews did they? The two wars have nothing in common.

I call your TWAT and raise you a FUCKFEATURES

:lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Margaret Thatcher was a legend, now leave her alone.

Her daughter not so bad either. Anyone who pisses in full view of national television cameras would get my vote :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Giraffe said:
Margaret Thatcher was a legend, now leave her alone.

Her daughter not so bad either. Anyone who pisses in full view of national television cameras would get my vote :)

*cough* I can supply you with a full 90 minutes of that type of stuff on DVD if it's your scene.

Nuns, Air Hostesses, Nurses, Daughters of former Prime Ministers, you name it, I can supply it;)

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
DJ Leon said:
It's nothing to do with the fact that's she's a woman. More the fact that she's an EVIL cow.

So the last Tory government was honest was it?! Please tell me that's a joke.

It was in comparison with the EVIL, THIEVING, LYING WAR MONGERS that are in power now.

Peter Mandleson vs. Jeffery Archer

not much in that

Cook/Blunket vs David Mellor

they are all pretty much the same as politicians, but as a leader Mrs Thatcher has more integrity than the entire cabinet. Even John Major would be preferable to Blair and his cronying chums.

Remember the pensioner held under terrorism legislation for mocking one of the SCUM at the labour conference. That didn't happen under the torys. This lot make the KGB and Stasi seem like the Girl Guides. I

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
London Irish said:
How can you compare a community of 1,800 people whose sovereignty was about to be negotiated away anyway with an entire nation of millions?

So I think I can guess your views on Gibralta. What is the threshold in terms of people then? The population of Kent or Yorkshire? We cede the scilly Isles to the first invaders or the Isle of Wight? Didn't Chamberlain try that negotiating away as well? You could apply the same philosophy to, say, the NHS. Sorry, they already do.

Crap argument - try harder next time.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
She was right about the Falklands and a top lady when she stood on Brighton Beach in her nightie after being bombed and said we would never give in to the terrorists.
It will be a sad day when she passes on, oh how we cry out for someone like her now rather than Bush's lapdog.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
Won't someone please think of the PENGUINS ?

There are no such things as penguins. They were invented by the Disney corporation as a marketing tool so promote sales of a film about the Antartic. As for the ones you see in zoo's, they are mechanical, just there to boost calendar sales of snow scenes etc.

Keep it to yourself though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
chip said:
Crap argument - try harder next time.
Whereas your argument that the men on this thread can't cope with a woman being better at anything was a stroke of genius. :jester:

Anyway, what he actually said was:

So in actual fact, you're choosing to ignore the more important half of his argument.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Harty said:
She was right about the Falklands and a top lady when she stood on Brighton Beach in her nightie after being bombed and said we would never give in to the terrorists.
It will be a sad day when she passes on, oh how we cry out for someone like her now rather than Bush's lapdog.

Thatcher was never Ronnie's lapdog was she.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here