Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone ground the final days.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hereford was fantastic. as was the mansfield boycott, with eveyone in hove park before the game. i remember ORDERING my father to drive up and down old shoreham road a good four times before we parked just so we could obey the signs of "hoot your horn if you hate archer"

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think bringing Archer back now would be a perfect solution to the low crowd problem!

it would also help get the crowd nearer to capacity by cutting off a load of space with exclusion zones - could be onto a winner here

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Wouldn't the whole of the North Stand have to be an "exclusion zone"? I was standing THIS close to Paul Reid the other night, and had he been Archer, I could have done ANYTHING. Just shows how dangerous that North Stand is. I demand Bill be given the whole stand AND hospitality!

what the hell were you doing in the north stand?

and using the term THIS close on an internet message board isnt exactly helpful either - you could be demonstrating a distance of milimetres or miles

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
It is indeed Doc Talbot but you won't see him at Withers often. Doc has some strange ideas and priniciples and won't watch a league game there (unless against QPR, his local team before he moved to Brighton). He will go to all Cup games so should be there next Wednesday.

When Albion are at home, Doc will go to a game somewhere in the Country and has done just about every ground in the UK down to County league level. He's even watched 4 games in a day!

Goes to all Albion away games.

That is strange? I remember seeing out the Albion (especially away) all the time and did wonder. Strange he doesn't go out the Withdean, but each to there own and all that. You'd think after supporting the club so loyally at the Goldstone he'd be one of the first at Withdean.

Looking back it shows how much we all care (d) about the Albion and that as supporters we should never be overlooked. I think half the buzz for people back then was to protest, it was their voice.

R.I.P Goldstone.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
its a shame that despite all the protests and support, that we ultimately lost, the ground was sold, and the c*nts in charge got their money

I will alsways blame the council as much as anyone for letting it happen, it would have been so easy to stop it

The GOldstone should be a nice little 20k stadium by now, with comfy seats all round except the North Stand obviously

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
An ear splitting game. Another of the very inventive protests where the word went out to all turn up with whistles and disrupt the game. it was also the 1st game of Steve Gritt, appointed, i'm sure, as bellotti's puppet manager but he did an incredable job and won us over.

Those watching for the 1st time, well the West Stand (facing us) looks pretty sparce. the big space either side of the tunnel was bellotti's ever increasing 'safety zone' to keep fans away from attacking him. Strange but true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here