Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone ground the final days.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Marvellous vids. Does anyone have a copy of the newspaper articles running after the York City game? I did have a little scrap book, but it got lost over the years. I remember NOTW being rather scathing... :tosser:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Marvellous vids. Does anyone have a copy of the newspaper articles running after the York City game? I did have a little scrap book, but it got lost over the years. I remember NOTW being rather scathing... :tosser:

Yep got a scrap book full of all the stuff from that season including the NOTW.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
What was their headline? Something like 'A shameful day for English football'. They had no idea - That York City invasion was possibly the most important one of all the protests, I would say.

They were concerned regarding the Euro finals and sending out a message that hooligans were on the rampage in the UK if my memory serves me right?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Interesting historical references.

I don't remember ever giving Liz Costa permission to be my representative.

Admittedly, worse was to come, but it's interesting seeing everyone's reactions to events after the York game. History has since dictated that what happened was necessary. Even though I was bemused at the pitch invasion at the time, tt wasn't until watching the news in the evening and people were not being outrightly condemned (as I assumed we would be) that I realised we had the high moral ground.

'Lest we forget' is also a phrase that springs to mind, seeing Bill Archer's and David Bellotti's reactions to everything, especially Archer turning on his solicitor and blaming him for the 'Articles of Association' fiasco. We all klnow who it was who was asset-stripping the club, and who tried to con Roy Chuter into a public apology when trying to blame the solicitor.

Bill Archer always has been, and always will be, until the day he dies (and what a party we'll have then), a complete and utter f***ing wanker.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Be interestin to read what some of those younger fans, who may not have experinced 'the trouble' feel about all this.

It really was a time when Albion fans came together in this fight to save our club and there's no doubt in my mind that we'd have no club if they had not done so.

Glad to see that such stalwarts of those days, like Samrah, Hart, Camillin, Attila and others now have influence from 'the other side'.

Interesting historical references.

I don't remember ever giving Liz Costa permission to be my representative.

Admittedly, worse was to come, but it's interesting seeing everyone's reactions to events after the York game. History has since dictated that what happened was necessary. Even though I was bemused at the pitch invasion at the time, tt wasn't until watching the news in the evening and people were not being outrightly condemned (as I assumed we would be) that I realised we had the high moral ground.

'Lest we forget' is also a phrase that springs to mind, seeing Bill Archer's and David Bellotti's reactions to everything, especially Archer turning on his solicitor and blaming him for the 'Articles of Association' fiasco. We all klnow who it was who was asset-stripping the club, and who tried to con Roy Chuter into a public apology when trying to blame the solicitor.

Bill Archer always has been, and always will be, until the day he dies (and what a party we'll have then), a complete and utter f***ing wanker.

Once again Scumbag Stanley doesn't get a mention-the three of them deserve to get a damn good shoeing...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The large one said

never a truer word.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Be interestin to read what some of those younger fans, who may not have experinced 'the trouble' feel about all this.

It really was a time when Albion fans came together in this fight to save our club and there's no doubt in my mind that we'd have no club if they had not done so.

Glad to see that such stalwarts of those days, like Samrah, Hart, Camillin, Attila and others now have influence from 'the other side'.
It's also interesting seeing those kids on the club not really understanding what was going on, moaning that they felt their £3.50 had been wasted.

No, it hadn't kids, you were there at a momentous occasion.

They'd be 22-23 now. I wonder what they think now?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

rest assured that they know. "if you all hate Bellotti" and "build a bonfire" is sung as heartily and as often in the family stand as it is in the South Stand - just without the swear words.

and Caveman - that "don't go in" clip. I remember that very well and think that one of the blokes who got interviewed - Graham Talbot - lives near me. I see him at Withers often. Must say hello to him.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
makes my blood boil still, Bellotti you c*nt !!! kept sitting in that seat to watch the game whilst the club was being destroyed......I hate him with a passion + Archer.....will never forgive and hope they both go to Hell and suffer for eternity.

f***ing disgusted

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Just spotted myself on the pitch at the Lincoln game. I think our protests would have received huge media attenton if they were played out today. I remember at the time Sky had no Sky sports news and instead had just a 30 minute bulletin show on Sky Sports 1 called Sportcenter.

It was really the York game which put this mainstream, after that Sky and the broadsheets ran almost every protest as a big story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here