Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Go left, Go left

Alfie87

Aug 20, 2010
Always thought it was a shame the ending just fizzles out. After , so f*** off Palace, could we not then sing "because we are Brighton" and then go straight into Brighton from the South?

That would actually sound really good

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Support the team maybe? Rather than whatever Go Left is...

The CMS song sounded fantastic, the El-Abd song sounded brilliant too. Olé Olé Olé Orlandi/Dave/Vicente (creative!) sounded brilliant too. As did Big Pole in our Goal, but there are so few songs for our players. Nothing for Bridcutt other than "One Liam Bridcutt". Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes sounded good too, but a bit sporadic. Would be nice to get that really going for a while to cheer him up a bit. I didn't hear "Gus Poyet's Blue and White Army" yesterday either. All better songs than Go Left...

Even though it was going on for minutes at a time throughout the game ? :facepalm: Some fans on the right side thought Calde had scored the second goal even though it was a Spanish Davetastic volley. Some spotty Brum teenagers didn't like the "Going Down" chant which was quickly followed by "Going Down On Your Sister" :lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
I'm all for the old songs coming back in a retro way, especially if it means a return of terrace humour instead of over inflated "passion" but I have to ask you young'uns.. why cant you adapt pop songs, hyms, folk songs, war songs and the like so to come up with witty amusing songs like we did in our day. Perhaps its the world you have ben brought up in, too bloody comfortable which means you young'uns have lost your own initiative perhaps... (light the blue touch paper and sit back..)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Do it the way The Hammers sing it to Millwall-

your are invited,your invited, to (Upton Park) the Amex,to have a row,(Millwall)Palace,we hate Palace and we hate Palace.....continue

I love both versions

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You really are a self opinionated dick head, what you are suggesting is just forget about singing songs unless they are "supporting the team", you do realise the songs that you disagree with have been around a lot longer than you have ?
I might make my personal crusade to resurrect a load of the old songs from the Goldstone era, just to piss you off.

You say it like it's a bad thing. ??? So which group are you in, the Bollox Crew or the other lot?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Same here but never, never copy anyone.

All football songs are copies though,in the main-for me it's all about (well was in the Old North) about NOISE-sod what songs sounded like,noise noise and more noise,i mean i used to sign "we're going to nick your sweets and lolly pops" to Watford fans? crap? yes,but better than sitting there saying nothing imvho..

If a song is good,a game good the atmosphere will be lifted

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
You say it like it's a bad thing. ??? So which group are you in, the Bollox Crew or the other lot?

I'm in neither, just me and a couple of mates, we like to watch the Albion and sing a few songs.
You have an opinion on every single topic and come across like your opinion is all that matters.
Judging by the amount of posts you've made in a relatively short space of time, you either have no life outside of the Albion and the Internet or you really do feel the need to let everyone know your very blinkered opinions.
Your views aren't the only ones that matter.

Feb 14, 2010
All football songs are copies though,in the main-for me it's all about (well was in the Old North) about NOISE-sod what songs sounded like,noise noise and more noise,i mean i used to sign "we're going to nick your sweets and lolly pops" to Watford fans? crap? yes,but better than sitting there saying nothing imvho..

If a song is good,a game good the atmosphere will be lifted

Yes, you make good points but not all songs are copied. Lots are but many are not and that used to be the pride, coming up with something new or funny on the spot. The objective should not be to copy but to do something original that others copy. Some fine examples are "its just like watching Brazil" that Barnsley then copied. Also "Celery" that was a Brighton creation and was then copied then made famous by Chelsea. The "sweets and lolly pops" was also a goodun, as was 'Football genius" to a player who was at best hard working. I'm trying to think of songs that were heard once at one match, it used to be a commmon event. I remember at west ham I remeber a Brighton / west ham exchange of "2-1 2-1" responded to by "you what you what" then it was "you heard you heard" then "we're deaf, we're deaf".. then both sets of fans laughing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here