Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
this is a truly embarrassing thread - he's left he's not coming back - move on nothing to see here.

One of many embarrassing threads featuring Murray.

He is not and will not ever be a Brighton player again. Can we please stop it with all of the Murray licking? Watch and enjoy his inevitable barren spells, have a moan to yourself when he starts scoring again-as he no doubt will but enough of the "I want him back" all the time. All the while Bloom and Gus are running things he has more chance of signing for Man Utd than us.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand why he takes penalties,he must have missed half the ones he took for us.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Antisocial and moody. The other players disliked him and twittered as much after he left.

In his post-match interview on the FL Show last night Sir Douuuglas Freedman went out of his way to say how much Murray brings to the club both on and off the pitch. I did wonder if he said this to counter opinions of Murray similar to those above.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
In his post-match interview on the FL Show last night Sir Douuuglas Freedman went out of his way to say how much Murray brings to the club both on and off the pitch. I did wonder if he said this to counter opinions of Murray similar to those above.

I found Freedmans comments on the BBC Sport site interesting.
He said the the penalty miss may bring Murray down a peg or two and that Murray always has a lot to say for himself.
Is this the reason that Gus did not get on with Murray.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

To quote Mandy Rice-Davies, he would say that, wouldn't he?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To quote Mandy Rice-Davies, he would say that, wouldn't he?

Of course a manager is going to big up his players regardless, but it just seemed a little OTT. I can't remember Freedman's exact words but the interviewer's question was about the penalty miss and Freedman went off on a ramble about what Glenn brings to the club in an all-round sense, not just on the playing side. Just seemed a little bit irrelevant to the question asked. Conspiracy theorists amongst us NSCers do your worst!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He left us. Fine.
He joined the P*lace. Unforgivable.

I'd happily cut my nose to spite my face on this one. If he had joined any other club I'd be OK with it, but he's forever tarnished for me now. Wouldn't take him back on a free, his career will nose dive soon. You watch.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
I found Freedmans comments on the BBC Sport site interesting.
He said the the penalty miss may bring Murray down a peg or two and that Murray always has a lot to say for himself.
Is this the reason that Gus did not get on with Murray.

I think there was clearly something, the problem is that the strength of our team was built around him and Bennett and they are proving difficult to replace, as is kishishev. We are struggling a bit at the moment. Nothing though that a tall striker/link player and anchor man would not rectify.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think there was clearly something, the problem is that the strength of our team was built around him and Bennett and they are proving difficult to replace, as is kishishev. We are struggling a bit at the moment. Nothing though that a tall striker/link player and anchor man would not rectify.
Kishishev's contribution is often overlooked, a player like him in our team would make all the difference. I'm happy with CMS in place of Murray, Buckley when he plays is the equal of Bennett, but Kish hasn't been replaced yet. A player like him roaming around the centre of midfield would be ideal.........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of many embarrassing threads featuring Murray.

He is not and will not ever be a Brighton player again. Can we please stop it with all of the Murray licking? Watch and enjoy his inevitable barren spells, have a moan to yourself when he starts scoring again-as he no doubt will but enough of the "I want him back" all the time. All the while Bloom and Gus are running things he has more chance of signing for Man Utd than us.

I agree, and can't see where the 'Poyet didn't get on with Murray' excuses are coming from. Poyet offered him another contract but it was refused because he got more money elsewhere plus a signing on fee and a longer contract. It was his choice. I don't see much difference between his situation and Hammond's, except that, Hammond went to Colchester who aren't rivals with us.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I wouldn't have Murray back, it's like finding out your best mate has been banging your wife and then forgiving him. Scum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here