Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's not here for a reason. Presumably his attitude. There are more important things than a player's skill, and while Murray is good enough for us, maybe he wasn't one of us as much as is required. Like when Ireland had their best WC when they sent Roy Keane home, like France won the WC without the genius Eric Cantona.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
His penalty miss, then the pikeys saying "he can **** off back to Brighton".
Made me wonder, would you want him back?
I would say yes :albion2:

3months ago I would have said F*ck off. Now I would welcome him with open arm's. Imagine what him and CMS would do to championship defences. Massive mistake letting him go for f*ck all

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Think gus wanted him to stay didn't he?!? Just we didn't want to pay over the odds.
If we could get him back for the money per week we offered him before he went to the pikeys then game on

Hhhhmmm....I don't think Gus did enough to make him stay. He could and should have offered him a bigger contract. Gus obviously had a decent budget for the season, thus bringing in CMS in. As they say 'Hindsight is a wonderful thing'
Just shows how we now miss Murray, his link up and hold up play was brilliant. Paytner and Barnes simply cannot do what Murray does.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Fans on BBS claiming that GM was their MOTM today despite missing a pen so Either, Palarse are proper shite or he can cut it at this level..

Personally I believe we do miss him but no, I deffo don't want him back (never works out 2nd time around).... Imagine the binfest on here if it happened though?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
His second half performance against us this season was the highest quality football seen at the Amex so far this season.
What? He wasn't even the best player on the day (Zaha was better).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was sad that he left as he is a very good link player and holds it up well but i am a little bemused by all the Murray threads. He's left, the fact that he plays for Palace is bad enough but surely we have to accept his decision.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Depends what your plan is.. If you want to sit in mid/lower table then yes but if you want to go for promotion he is not good enough.

It certainly indeed depend on budget/class of players etc but you would have to agree he is better that Paynter? If yes he would improve us :albion2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Murray is hardly setting the Championship alight is he? Nevermind, he's secured a better wage than he would have got at the Albion so fair play to the boy. Footballers are a long time retired.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I was sad that he left as he is a very good link player and holds it up well but i am a little bemused by all the Murray threads. He's left, the fact that he plays for Palace is bad enough but surely we have to accept his decision.

No, no you're missing the point Mr Prowse. There's apparently is a way back for him if he wants to take it - playing for a parallel BHA in a parallel universe you understand. The wheels are being set in motion as we speak and Crystal Palace FC are apparently affable to this strange transfer idea should it ever come to fruition. Wibble, wubble etc.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No, no you're missing the point Mr Prowse. There's apparently is a way back for him if he wants to take it - playing for a parallel BHA in a parallel universe you understand. The wheels are being set in motion as we speak and Crystal Palace FC are apparently affable to this strange transfer idea should it ever come to fruition. Wibble, wubble etc.

Lol!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here