Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

BASINGSTOKESEAGULL

Jul 26, 2010
Need murray to play tomorrow, on his day he is class, and normally performs well on the big stage, him and wood up top would be ideal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just to add to the discussion, these are the average match ratings* for Glenn Murray in the league so far (I've not kept track of the cup games)

Murray
Rochdale ....... 7.63
Sheff Wed ..... 6.13
Walsall .......... 7.24
MK Dons ........ 7.39
Carlisle .......... 6.64
Plymouth ....... 6.75
Oldham ......... 6.37
Brentford ...... 7.24
Tranmere ...... 8.00
Bournemouth . 6.77
Charlton ........ 8.22
Yeovil ........... 8.58
Peterborough . 8.30
Exeter .......... 7.40
Hartlepool ..... 5.67
Bristol Rovers.. 6.42

*Mean average of marks out of ten in the player rating threads on nsc.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Maybe, but it's obvious to a headless man in a wheelchair that Murray is the key man upfront. It doesn't matter who's scoring, it's just a case of us as a team only looking like scoring when he is on the pitch. To think of playing Barnes and/or Wood ahead of him is just crazy.

I agree............but Gus is a head-mental of the highest order (def Wood and Murray for me tomorrow, think Woody is a Goody, imagine the touches between them for 90 minutes, I've got wood just thinking about it).

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Did anyone else see the moment at Burgess Hill where he got leathered square in the mowt by a defender's boot, fell to the floor, lay prone for ten seconds in silence, said "fook" once, then got up and got on with it?

That was when I fell in love with him.

The moment i met Murray was in Oceana when we just escaped relegation under Slade, and there he was at the Bar grafting some bird..... when a very drunk hola gus walked up for chat about all things Albion. What he should've said is 'look pi$s off mate im trying to get laid here'. But no, the man had a good 15 min chat with me before i realised i was being a nause and sloped off.
That was the day I fell in love with Glen Murray!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why all the panic ? I fully expect Muzza and Wood to be in the starting line up with Barnesy on the bench at St Marys

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just to add to the discussion, these are the average match ratings* for Glenn Murray in the league so far (I've not kept track of the cup games)

Murray
Rochdale ....... 7.63
Sheff Wed ..... 6.13
Walsall .......... 7.24
MK Dons ........ 7.39
Carlisle .......... 6.64
Plymouth ....... 6.75
Oldham ......... 6.37
Brentford ...... 7.24
Tranmere ...... 8.00
Bournemouth . 6.77
Charlton ........ 8.22
Yeovil ........... 8.58
Peterborough . 8.30
Exeter .......... 7.40
Hartlepool ..... 5.67
Bristol Rovers.. 6.42

*Mean average of marks out of ten in the player rating threads on nsc.

Much respect for keeping track of that, I can't believe his average rating at Hartlepool though. He won EVERYTHING in the air, he just had noone feeding off him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not so much panic but I have to say i'm a bit worried we haven't sorted out a new contract for someone I would concider to be a key player.

Muzza is going to be in exactly the same position as Fozzy , nothing will be sorted until the end of the season.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure that will definitely be the case. Murray is a different kettle of fish to Forster, presumably.

Forster had little to no re sale value due to his age while Murray has real value and we could end up losing him unless we tie it up. Presuming he wants to stay which lets face it has never been nailed on ever since he signed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Much respect for keeping track of that, I can't believe his average rating at Hartlepool though. He won EVERYTHING in the air, he just had noone feeding off him.

The away games always tend to have fewer ratings, and that week only 3 people gave ratings, he got two 6's and a 5.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The away games always tend to have fewer ratings, and that week only 3 people gave ratings, he got two 6's and a 5.

That's a real shame, he didn't deserve a 5 for that game. He was our best player by a country mile. I'm going to look for that ratings thread and see who is responsible for such stupid ratings. Clearly, people who just don't like the man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here