Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's a cat. I really really like him and want him to stay and reciprocate my adoration but he always slips away and leaves the room no matter how much admiration and love I fritter on him. He'll be off, he just doesn't like us. Slinky feline bastard. Probably spray in our faces on his way out.
....castration is the answer!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Cor its that time of the month for the Glenn Murray is going to leave thread, they come around quickly

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is definitely a non-thread based on nothing at all... we are still short of fire-power, so... why get rid of our best striker?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Did anyone else see the moment at Burgess Hill where he got leathered square in the mowt by a defender's boot, fell to the floor, lay prone for ten seconds in silence, said "fook" once, then got up and got on with it?

That was when I fell in love with him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought we only deal with players out of contract once we have a clearer pic of where we'll finish in the lg. Anyone remember Nicky Forster?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I thought we only deal with players out of contract once we have a clearer pic of where we'll finish in the lg. Anyone remember Nicky Forster?

Not sure if that just applied last year because of the threat of relegation, I am not sure if the possibility of promotion will have as much of an effect on contracts? Should be a bit easier dealing with a jump to the Championship than the chance of dropping to League 2. Just a guess though

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think there are players that the fans see as undroppable (Murray, Kaz, and just before he was dropped, Elphick), but Gus is much more team oriented, so doesn't seem to think anyone is. He will pick the team he thinks will do best at playing the tactics he wants for a particular game.

I don't think people need to read anything into Murray being dropped other than Gus will make tough decisions when he feels he has to.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Have you been to any games this year? just curious .........................

I've been to every home game and 6 away games, does that entitle me to an opinion? I think Murray has been a bit off form in his last 5/6 games.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I've been to every home game and 6 away games, does that entitle me to an opinion? I think Murray has been a bit off form in his last 5/6 games.

I dont think he has been poor but neither has he been 'the start of every attacking move' we have.

He is useful and a good player but I honestly feel it'd be worse for us to loose Calderon or Bennett.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough. Pretty much everyone else thinks he's been a 7 or 8 out of 10 in the last 5/6 matches, but you are entitled to your opinion.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
hope he doesnt go, this year hes been a different player. thought he was class at peterborough and looks like hes enjoying his football here. think him and dicker need a new contract sooner rather than later as they can start talking to other clubs in jan!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Without being rude, if anything the fact you have seen all those games but still think Murray has been playing badly is probably worse than not having watched any.

Murray is one of our best players and a class apart more often than not.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Without being rude, if anything the fact you have seen all those games but still think Murray has been playing badly is probably worse than not having watched any.

Murray is one of our best players and a class apart more often than not.

Well it would be a boring place if we all agreed wouldn't it! I'm not saying he's been rubbish I just dont think he's been at his best. I think he is class and on plenty of occasions have said as much when others on here were writing him off. At his best, he's superb, I think he's a bit inconsistant though. Although all players at this level have some negatives or they wouldnt be at this level!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He hasn't been playing very well recently so its no suprise he's been in and out. As Gus has said from the start, no players place in the team is safe!

I think Muzza has been up there with Lua Lua and has been one of our most consistent players ... you must be watching another murray

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's a long season, we need to rotate the players so that we can see the season out strongly.

Murray will end up starting for periods with Barnes dropping to the bench.

Exactly, the way I read it was that Gus was resting Murray for tommorrow's game and Barnes will drop to the bench

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think Muzza has been up there with Lua Lua and has been one of our most consistent players ... you must be watching another murray

He's been very good this season. However: Murray at Peterborough - average. Murray vs Exeter - average. Murray vs Woking - average. Didn't go Hartlepool. Woking away - ok when he came on. Rovers at home - reasonably lively when he came on.

I'm not slating the guy! I just don't think he's been outstanding and is untouchable! Hopefully he plays tomorrow and is bloody brilliant!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here