Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glenn murray

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
:thumbsup:
You'd back your judgment ahead of gus poyets? Have you ever actually heard yourself? You're unbelievable. I tend to find a good rule of thumb is to just think the opposite of whatever your views are, and I'm pleased to see that again I disagree with you.

Stumpy Tim

You'd back your judgment ahead of gus poyets? Have you ever actually heard yourself? You're unbelievable. I tend to find a good rule of thumb is to just think the opposite of whatever your views are, and I'm pleased to see that again I disagree with you.

You're forgetting that Tom was the person who decided to complain because El Abd & Elphick decided to keep possession instead of lumping it aimlessly forward. You can't really take his opinions seriously

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I wish I could judge players as quickly as most of my fellow posters. I thought Peter O'Sullivan, Steve Piper, John Templeman, John Robinson, John Crumplin, Paul Rogers, Charlie Oatway, Richie Barker and Jamie Campbell were all rubbish for the first few games and in Sully's case a whole season, mind you I may have been right about JC. I also thought Alan Duffy, Brian Bromley, Graham Howell, Roderick Thomas, George Ley and Bobby Zamora were fantastic when I first saw them, One right again?

That is a quality post cuthbert.

One that should be pinned to every new thread when we sign a player.

Just be a little bit tolerant and give a new player the benefit of any doubt.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Murray is not a natural goal scorer. He's a reasonable League 1 player with a half decent goal scoring record, but misses too many chances and misses too many games.

He's a marmite player - polarises opinion more than anyone else at the club. Personally I don't particularly like him as a player, but he doesn't deserve some of the abuse he gets on here. Equally I find it hard to understand the adulation he gets from some.

Nail on head... 100% agree... we need a top league 1 striker to be serious promotion contenders... Poyet talking about the 20-goal-a-season striker already being at the club a slight worry, IMHO... when did Murray get 20 in league 1? Barnes, OK a small chance, then he mentioned Holroyd and Hart; oh dear!

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Poyet talking about the 20-goal-a-season striker already being at the club a slight worry, IMHO...

I agree , it sounded like he had almost given up (trying to get someone else). We will just have to trust him to get the most out of what we have .....

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Having only followed the pre-season via NSC the impression I have had is that first team defence and midfield look solid but once again we're not taking our chances. GP knows we need a striker and I suspect we'll get another one soon. Failing that, Murray (flakey but brilliant) and Barnes (dependable but not stratospheric) look unlikely to bag the serious goal volume that promotion contenders need to get.

Still very positive but am worried that this may come back to bite us if we can't get another experience striker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're forgetting that Tom was the person who decided to complain because El Abd & Elphick decided to keep possession instead of lumping it aimlessly forward. You can't really take his opinions seriously

I definitely haven't forgotten that. That was his best moment. :laugh:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Glenn looked disillusioned with life at The Albion after the fight on Saturday. Even offering his shin pads in a rubbish way of saying goodbye to his bad time at the Albion :nono:

Attachments

• glenn.JPG
    glenn.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 189

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Look how he BANGS his shinpads together, so he can AVOID clapping the FANS properly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Look how he BANGS his shinpads together, so he can AVOID clapping the FANS properly.

Now dont open that can of worms again..!

But will say on that day at Brentford he did deliberately snub the fans.

Thats not to say since then things have been different.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Now dont open that can of worms again..!

But will say on that day at Brentford he did deliberately snub the fans.

Thats not to say since then things have been different.

He snubbed the fans who were (even in jest) chanting for him to leave his wife, when he was clearly already really struggling at the club with personal issues etc?

What a terrible bloke, eh? He shouldn't have done it but it's completely understandable that he did.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Regarding another striker....we may have to wait a bit longer...when does the window shut ?

When strikers at other clubs realise they are not in the starting 11 i expect activity and players all of a sudden to become available.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Sorry. Added a comment about glenn murray to a thread entitled 'glenn murray'. My mistake I'm sure :rolleyes:

Don't care about Holroyd, other than I want him off the Albion books to pursue alternative employment elsewhere - anywhere! - ASAP.

He could make a fortune in BN2 late at night...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
No worries BG, to continue the Holroyd sub-topic, I think one of the things Poyet will be judged on is how he deals with the Holroyd thing. The player is clearly a dud at this level, but maybe he does wondrous things in training, though I very much doubt it. Let's see if Gus gradually eases Holroyd out of the picture or if he insists that he has a part to play in a team supposedly pushing for promotion.

Seems to me perfectly clear that if he perseveres with Holroyd then he is, in this instance, a poor judge of a player, and I'd back my judgement against his any day of the week.

That's quite a profound statement to make. I'd like to know on what basis should we trust your judgement over a man who has played at the highest level and has won caps for his country?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Regarding another striker....we may have to wait a bit longer...when does the window shut ?

When strikers at other clubs realise they are not in the starting 11 i expect activity and players all of a sudden to become available.

But that could mean an avoidable poor start for us... time to get the cheque book out, and quickly, IMHO...

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Murray is quality. He will get 20 goals this season for us

I admire your confidence and hope you're right, but he is 27 this year and unless I'm mistaken has not yet managed to get more than 20 league goals in a season.

Perhaps he will turn out to be the 20+ man we need, but relying on him to be that is major gamble if we're serious about promotion.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I admire your confidence and hope you're right, but he is 27 this year and unless I'm mistaken has not yet managed to get more than 20 league goals in a season.

Perhaps he will turn out to be the 20+ man we need, but relying on him to be that is major gamble if we're serious about promotion.

He's got 31 goals in 76 league games for us and got 20 in 42 for Rochdale. I'd suggest in a team that isn't rubbish (as we have been since he's been here) and creating chances he'd get 20 goals easily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here