Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glenn murray

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I watch Eastbourne Borough & Crawley occasionally, when the Albion are away.

I honestly believe that Holroyd wouldn't get into either teams starting 11, hence why I think he should go to a Blue Square South team for a stint.

Having watched him and that game vs Whitehawk he didnt look to be as good a goalscorer as the chap who scored Hawks first goal, but in fairness that was only watching Whitehawk once.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My post was with reference to Holroyd I assume yours is about Murray as I can see no reason for suggesting Holroyd will be suspended for any length of time.

Sorry. Added a comment about glenn murray to a thread entitled 'glenn murray'. My mistake I'm sure :rolleyes:

Don't care about Holroyd, other than I want him off the Albion books to pursue alternative employment elsewhere - anywhere! - ASAP.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only said that because the previous few posts were about Holroyd. I think that Gus will have sorted out GM head and that we shall b enefit from it but must agree about Holroyd his purchase was one of Gus's mistakes. Perhaps he will prove us all wrong but I doubt it I have more confidence in Murray shining this season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only said that because the previous few posts were about Holroyd. I think that Gus will have sorted out GM head and that we shall b enefit from it but must agree about Holroyd his purchase was one of Gus's mistakes. Perhaps he will prove us all wrong but I doubt it I have more confidence in Murray shining this season.

No worries BG, to continue the Holroyd sub-topic, I think one of the things Poyet will be judged on is how he deals with the Holroyd thing. The player is clearly a dud at this level, but maybe he does wondrous things in training, though I very much doubt it. Let's see if Gus gradually eases Holroyd out of the picture or if he insists that he has a part to play in a team supposedly pushing for promotion.

Seems to me perfectly clear that if he perseveres with Holroyd then he is, in this instance, a poor judge of a player, and I'd back my judgement against his any day of the week.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I fully expect him to be sent out on loan to a Div 2 side probably Aldershot Barnet or similar possibly Gillingham to score some goals as obviously the step up to Div 1 was too much for him. That would be the best solution for both him and the club as nothing would be achieved by sending him to a conference side again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I fully expect him to be sent out on loan to a Div 2 side probably Aldershot Barnet or similar possibly Gillingham to score some goals as obviously the step up to Div 1 was too much for him. That would be the best solution for both him and the club as nothing would be achieved by sending him to a conference side again.

Agree. See how he comes on as a Div 2 player then decide on his future. I think Div 1 was a step up in class too far.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I wish I could judge players as quickly as most of my fellow posters. I thought Peter O'Sullivan, Steve Piper, John Templeman, John Robinson, John Crumplin, Paul Rogers, Charlie Oatway, Richie Barker and Jamie Campbell were all rubbish for the first few games and in Sully's case a whole season, mind you I may have been right about JC. I also thought Alan Duffy, Brian Bromley, Graham Howell, Roderick Thomas, George Ley and Bobby Zamora were fantastic when I first saw them, One right again?

Agree too. However I cannot honestly see any leading division 2 side (not good enough) or for that matter a struggling side taking him on (hasn't the brawn or strength). I don't want to knock the lad but I cannot see him at Crawley or Eastbourne either. They have better. Perhaps a year or two in the reserves?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Seems to me perfectly clear that if he perseveres with Holroyd then he is, in this instance, a poor judge of a player, and I'd back my judgement against his any day of the week.

You'd back your judgment ahead of gus poyets? Have you ever actually heard yourself? You're unbelievable. I tend to find a good rule of thumb is to just think the opposite of whatever your views are, and I'm pleased to see that again I disagree with you.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You'd back your judgment ahead of gus poyets? Have you ever actually heard yourself? You're unbelievable. I tend to find a good rule of thumb is to just think the opposite of whatever your views are, and I'm pleased to see that again I disagree with you.

Mellotron, will you please stop saying exactly what I want to say before I get the chance, in every thread. :p

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
And when was the last time that he ever got into a penalty box?
I used to think that Richard Tiltman was our worst ever forward but at least he had a few chances. Holroyd is never gonna make it, even at Blue square south standard. I really hope that we don't see him in the first team squad this season. Makes me squirm.
Is Holroyd really that bad? I ask as I've not seen him. Worse than Richard Tiltman is a pretty big call, I don't think I've ever seen a worse striker than he was....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here