Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray...wanker

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So he didnt walk off the pitch without thanking the fans?

Lets face it, he had a bit of a strop and stormed off! BIG DEAL!

If he doesnt want to play for the club then he can do one but thats for him and Slade to sort out!

Oh, Ali. You just don't get it. I myself am only starting to get it, so let me help you...

If you criticise murray and hurl abuse at him for what he did yesterday, and what he didn't do, criticise his lack of effort etc. You are right and your opinion is valid, whether you were there yourself, had a friend there, heard on the radio, read it on here, or just saw a thread titled 'murray' and you felt like abusing him.

If you dismiss this as a mountain out of a molehill, question why fans are so upset about him not applauding them, then you clearly weren't there and therefore don't understand/can't pass judgement/your opinion is invalid.

Let's let these guys work through their issues over not getting enough attention from murray, let them vent their frustration and leave them to it. They'll stop caring so much when we win next week.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Oh, Ali. You just don't get it. I myself am only starting to get it, so let me help you...

If you criticise murray and hurl abuse at him for what he did yesterday, and what he didn't do, criticise his lack of effort etc. You are right and your opinion is valid, whether you were there yourself, had a friend there, heard on the radio, read it on here, or just saw a thread titled 'murray' and you felt like abusing him.

If you dismiss this as a mountain out of a molehill, question why fans are so upset about him not applauding them, then you clearly weren't there and therefore don't understand/can't pass judgement/your opinion is invalid.

Let's let these guys work through their issues over not getting enough attention from murray, let them vent their frustration and leave them to it. They'll stop caring so much when we win next week.

Ahhh, now I get it!

How silly of me to underestimate the effect of a wave and a clap to the SUPERFANS!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
we were at the behind the goal, left hand side, bottom tier. Whe Murray came on he was warmly applauded by all around. I heard the dump the wife chant which was just terrace humour.
Murray did ignore the crowd and his team mates at the final whistle but in the 10 minutes it took to get out the players must have come out to warm down and some supporters in front of me went back on the terrace to tell Mr Murray what they think of his attitude. He is in no doubt that he has upset the support, perhaos a goal on Tuesday will help him win the fans back and help put him in the shop window

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Murray is an utter C*NT always has been always will be. He should never put the shirt on again.

Unlike you to over-react.

Yesterday he was out of order, but to say he's "always been a c***" is total bollocks I'm afraid.

He's a decent bloke, intelligent and a great footballer.

I was as disappointed as anyone else to see his reaction yesterday and if it was because of the chants 'against' his wife then he's been a bit silly.

It showed that the fans want him stay and was a bit of harmless banter.

It'll be interesting to see what comes out in the wash.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I wasnt at the game, but having watching the youtube video, I didnt think it was as bad as everyone made out

Maybe the footage doesnt do the whole situation justice?

If you take the blinkers off, how did Murray play on the pitch? Did he stroll around not trying like Kazim-Richards or did he at least put any effort in?

I am not defending his actions, i can see why people maybe annoyed, people were annoyed after Swansea that the players didnt clap at the end, but they didnt get a whole load of abuse

If he didnt give a shit on the pitch, then abuse justified, but for not waving back, is it really THAT bad to deserve 100s of posts and numerous threads?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
andy-murray1.jpg

:angry::angry::angry:

:angry: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:lolol: he he he , he looks like a hobo in that pic

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I wasnt at the game, but having watching the youtube video, I didnt think it was as bad as everyone made out

If you take the blinkers off, how did Murray play on the pitch? Did he stroll around not trying like Kazim-Richards or did he at least put any effort in?

I am not defending his actions, i can see why people maybe annoyed, people were annoyed after Swansea that the players didnt clap at the end, but they didnt get a whole load of abuse

If he didnt give a shit on the pitch, then abuse justified, but for not waving back, is it really THAT bad to deserve 100s of posts and numerous threads?

the 10 minute video is about the long and short of it really , for what it's worth whilst we looked completely useless up front he DID infact put a few battles in to win something going forward , so his hearts still in it for the sake of the club

it was weird really , I personally didn't hear the abuse aimed his way but the "Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray " chants went on well and sung by a fair few - ah well :albion2:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

I think the footage probably doesn't do it justice to be fair - it certainly doesn't show his long, deliberate walk towards the fans without acknowledging them.

I think you're right to say that it isn't the worst thing a player can do, but anyone on here claiming it wasn't deliberate or was justified is clearly deluded.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
the 10 minute video is about the long and short of it really , for what it's worth whilst we looked completely useless up front he DID infact put a few battles in to win something going forward , so his hearts still in it for the sake of the club

it was weird really , I personally didn't hear the abuse aimed his way but the "Glenn Murray, Glenn Murray " chants went on well and sung by a fair few - ah well :albion2:

I think the footage probably doesn't do it justice to be fair - it certainly doesn't show his long, deliberate walk towards the fans without acknowledging them.

I think you're right to say that it isn't the worst thing a player can do, but anyone on here claiming it wasn't deliberate or was justified is clearly deluded.

Cheers, as I said, I wasnt there so dont see myself in a position to make a judgement, The footage I have seen it doesnt look that bad.

It does seem said especially if he got a good reception when he came on. At least (according to Braders) he is still trying for the teams cause.

I guess that still justifys him a place in the squad, I just hope that fans dont hurl abuse at him when he is warming up or when comes on as a sub

No matter what people think of him, he is one that is most likely to score a goal, and we havent scored for 270 minutes

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I know there is already shitloads of threads about this, but with all due respect to those starting them, not one of them seems to have actually explained what happened for the benefit of those who were not there, giving scope for those not there to offer ill-informed views such as "what, well do you expect if you boo him?"

Firstly, I would like to say I have been a huge Murray fan since he joined and have defended him on here numerous times against those slagging him off. However, what he did today was an absolute f***ing DISGRACE and he should go now.

Right:

He came on in the 2nd half and got a BRILLIANT reception from the fans who loudly cheered him on to the pitch. There were then several new chants about Murray (all positive) which were heard numerous times whenever he did anything even vaguely good (one for example, to the tune of the old "Charlie Oatway" chant).

Not once did I hear anything derogatory about him. He put himself about well and looked in good nick, even getting booked.

Then at the end of the game, he decided to shun the players post-match huddle. Stunning arrogance. After ignoring his team-mates, he ran over to the opposition goalie in front of the away fans and then immediately ran off down the tunnel (the players had not even finished their huddle at this stage) on his own without acknowledging the fans in any way. The fact that he did this seperately from all the players to make a point makes it even worse.

The abuse he got after that was very sad, but entirely warranted.

100% spot on. If Murray doesn't want to be here, then just get rid.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Absolutely livid with Murray this afternoon. Best part of 2000 fans made the trip today and the support was top draw. why he felt it acceptable to not applaud the fans in his exit discusted me especially given the reception he got when he came on. Ten other players felt it was right to give the fans a clap so why not that arrogant prick. Hopefully slade has given him a bollocking. Get him out. People spend good money and don't deserve that. I for one spent a fortune today and it does make me angry when someone behaves like that

I for one don't blame him, if we're abusing his wife with ridicolous chants and comments I would of done the exact same thing and most other people on here would aswell.

Poidy:

2 points 1 there was no where near 2000 BHA fans there today nearer 1400 and 2nd a large number booed when he was brought on what do you honestly expect him to do.

BG, this link may be of interest to you or your carer:

Alzheimer's Society - Leading the fight against dementia

You senile, doddery buffoon. Your ramblings of late are clear signs that you've lost your slender grip on reality. There was clearly more than 1400 BHA fans and as for the booing, it certainly wasn't many if at all. I was in the terraces behind the goal and he got roundly cheered THROUGHOUT the game. Have a look at that Brenford v Brighton youtube video and you'll see the point at which he started getting booed - when he walked past the fans clapping and ignored them.

Now stop dribbling and ask someone to ermpty your colostomy bag.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
it is well knonn that dean wilkins (Betterest manager!) did not want too sign murray and insted it was Dick Knight (LIAR!) who didit and forced murray to play even when it was ovious he is rubish cos all he does is the easy stuff of scoring goals but does not clap much.

i have herd that Knight is now beaming radio wavies to SLADE's house to make him still pick murray witch is a disgrace and prove that you cann,t trust anyone with a beard, even Jesus who pretended to be dead for three days just to avoid some carpentry stuff in Iraq or somewhere similarish.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
it is well knonn that dean wilkins (Betterest manager!) did not want too sign murray and insted it was Dick Knight (LIAR!) who didit and forced murray to play even when it was ovious he is rubish cos all he does is the easy stuff of scoring goals but does not clap much.

i have herd that Knight is now beaming radio wavies to SLADE's house to make him still pick murray witch is a disgrace and prove that you cann,t trust anyone with a beard, even Jesus who pretended to be dead for three days just to avoid some carpentry stuff in Iraq or somewhere similarish.

:lolol:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Glen Murray is without doubt a quality football player. We all know he wants away, and we have to accept this, which most of us do.

He gets paid bloody good money to put on a Brighton shirt week in and week out, something all of us on here would do for nothing.

What we were actually doing when he walked towards us was willing him to show his appreciation for the near 2000 fans who had travelled today and given him a very good receiption, for him to ignore all of us beggars belief.

Russell said recently "Glen has burnt some bridges" Well the one he burnt today, was the size of the Dartford Crossing. :annoyed:

Spot on. He has really p*ssed me off and as far as I am concerned he can f*ck right off now. We pay his wages and what he did yesterday was a total show of disrespect and a disgrace.

Some people mention about the odd person saying nasty things about his wife? That isn't the whole crowd and he could see the crowd applauding him?

He certainly is now open for abuse. Unless he comes out and appologises...which isn't going to happen is it!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here