Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray...wanker

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Just who are all you sad bastards who hang around for the warm down anyway! Get a f***ing life you losers!

As someone else has written, you're a bit sadder for ranting on the internet at 1am. But just for the record, we were waiting for the crowds to disperse so my disabled nephew could get out. You wanker.:salute:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I know there is already shitloads of threads about this, but with all due respect to those starting them, not one of them seems to have actually explained what happened for the benefit of those who were not there, giving scope for those not there to offer ill-informed views such as "what, well do you expect if you boo him?"

Firstly, I would like to say I have been a huge Murray fan since he joined and have defended him on here numerous times against those slagging him off. However, what he did today was an absolute f***ing DISGRACE and he should go now.

Right:

He came on in the 2nd half and got a BRILLIANT reception from the fans who loudly cheered him on to the pitch. There were then several new chants about Murray (all positive) which were heard numerous times whenever he did anything even vaguely good (one for example, to the tune of the old "Charlie Oatway" chant).

Not once did I hear anything derogatory about him. He put himself about well and looked in good nick, even getting booked.

Then at the end of the game, he decided to shun the players post-match huddle. Stunning arrogance. After ignoring his team-mates, he ran over to the opposition goalie in front of the away fans and then immediately ran off down the tunnel (the players had not even finished their huddle at this stage) on his own without acknowledging the fans in any way. The fact that he did this seperately from all the players to make a point makes it even worse.

The abuse he got after that was very sad, but entirely warranted.

That's pretty much spot-on. I was in the upper tier & although there might've been a few people giving him grief when he came on I didn't here them. There were a good few hundred that didn't chant his name when he took the field (me included) but he got a very positive reception. What he did at the final whistle was, in my opinion, pathetic & I certainly don't want to see him in the stripes ever again. Get rid asap.

For those on here who think it's churlish to expect our players to acknowledge the support at the end of a game, have a think about what our manager has to say about the matter:

"I didn't see the incident, I was back in the dressing room, but the support today was massive. I don't take that for granted and I won't allow the players to take it for granted'.

'The travelling support has been terrific in all my time I've been here and today you would have thought we had won the game".

ps Did Adam El-Abd get involved in the warm-down Murray hostilities? I was on my way down the exit stairs & could see an Albion player remonstrating with the Albion supporters on the terracing & it looked like him..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Murray is a VERY talented player AT OUR LEVEL, but he is NOT bigger than our club... and he CAN be replaced...

He clearly has no balls at all WRT his partner... he signed a contract, is getting paid by our club (I bet the other half likes the pay cheques, Glenn), and should be a professional...

He clearly couldn't give a sh1t about our club, so...

Fcuk off Glenn...

I was there, didn't boo him, but the guy has played like a complete tw@t this season, and clearly can't be ar$ed... he should have played for a contract elsewhere.. instead he mopes around... what a complete moron...

I was one who wanted him to stay in the summer but now we just need him out, and quick...

:bigwave:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If we sell him now we'd have to take a heavy loss. Why don't we just make him train with the reserves and totally f*** up his career by not allowing him to play a game for the next two years?

What's that gonna achieve though (apart from f***ing up his carreer, obviously)? Shirley his presence at the club can only be a negative? Get the big sulk out now - even it's on loan. Realistically, maybe that's the only way that we'll be able to minimise our losses?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It won't achieve anything, but it will be giving him a dose of his own medicine. We could just put him on gardening leave so he can't even get near the first team!

Ahhh - the Gardening Leave approach! Why didn't you say that in the first place? I'm liking it. :thumbsup:

ps He's gonna have to cheer up a lot though if he's to go anywhere near living organic organisms. The negative vibes coming off him at the moment (especially post MURRAYGATE) could kill a lawn at 20 paces! Maybe he could market himself as an effective alternative to weedkiller?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I wasnt there yesterday but from reading this it sounds as if he just walked off the pitch without thanking the fans for travelling?

Whats the big deal? about 5 of the players on Tuesday just walked strait off and there arent hundreds of people slagging them off?

If anything it should be hi team mates that are annoyed that he didnt join the huddle!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Wrong, there was a lot of booing and also several chants about him getting rid of his wife.

The chanting that Murray would have heard was all positive. The chants pertaining to his wife were by the minority and finished just as quick as it started and id be gobsmacked if he heard that given his location on the pitch at the time. He's in the wrong and anyone who can defend him is just a fool. His body language when he left the pitch suggests to me that he knows something we dont. Would not be surprised if weve had an offer in for him to be honest and hes gone by the end of next week

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The chanting that Murray would have heard was all positive. The chants pertaining to his wife were by the minority and finished just as quick as it started and id be gobsmacked if he heard that given his location on the pitch at the time. He's in the wrong and anyone who can defend him is just a fool. His body language when he left the pitch suggests to me that he knows something we dont. Would not be surprised if weve had an offer in for him to be honest and hes gone by the end of next week

I REALLY hope he GOES now... let's hope we have had an offer... somehow, I doubt it...

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I wasnt there yesterday but from reading this it sounds as if he just walked off the pitch without thanking the fans for travelling?

Whats the big deal? about 5 of the players on Tuesday just walked strait off and there arent hundreds of people slagging them off?

If anything it should be hi team mates that are annoyed that he didnt join the huddle!

No, this isn't what happened. How about reading one the 400-odd posts from the people who were there yesterday about what actually happened.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOTE=poidy;3079786. His body language when he left the pitch suggests to me that he knows something we dont. Would not be surprised if weve had an offer in for him to be honest and hes gone by the end of next week[/QUOTE

Are you suggesting that we may have had an offer for him that he wanted us to accept that we refused hence his attitude.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't there so I can't really comment on events, but it seems like a great shame.

Murray, when he can be arsed, is arguably our best striker, not to mention one we forked out three hundred grand for, and it's monumentally disappointing if it's going to end like this.

I do hope we hold out for at least that in return- we paid all that cash for a League Two striker who's now scored goals and proved himself (to a point) in League One- therefore IMHO Murray can piss right off if he thinks we're going to willingly flog him on the cheap.

Don't necessarily agree with the gardening leave thing, much as it would satisfy some, purely because while all that goes on, we're still paying the bloke, and I don't see why we should continue to pay him to sit on his arse.

(nor do I think singing "f*** off and your wife's a ????" as per post #62 is particularly constructive for what it's worth- whatever you think of her, there's a line, and that is clearly crossing it).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You have a very odd and twisted outlook dear - what bizzare comparisons you make. I really can't be bothered to argue with you because you patently weren't there. Moreover I can't be bothered to describe the whole episode to someone who casts comment but doesn't go.

May not be the best comparison ever, but it is a commonly used comparison. How often have you heard, when the booing your own players debate comes up "you wouldn't boo a check out girl". I simply adapted it for this argument.

No, I wasn't there, like a lot of people you are discussing this with. I guess if I agreed with you it wouldn't matter if I saw it.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
No, this isn't what happened. How about reading one the 400-odd posts from the people who were there yesterday about what actually happened.

So he didnt walk off the pitch without thanking the fans?

Lets face it, he had a bit of a strop and stormed off! BIG DEAL!

If he doesnt want to play for the club then he can do one but thats for him and Slade to sort out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here