Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray...wanker

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I for one don't blame him, if we're abusing his wife with ridicolous chants and comments I would of done the exact same thing and most other people on here would aswell.

I entirely understand a bloke reacting negatively to comments about his missus (frankly I was unaware of this, not being on here as much as I once was)..however....reacting in the way he did is a) extremely unlikely to help his case and stop such abuse, and b) tarring every single one of those of us in that end with the same brush.

I must confess to shouting at him as he headed down the tunnel once he didn't respond to being applauded loudly, but then left - I wasn't aware it had gone on afterwards, that they'd come back out. All he had to do was raise his arm in acknowledgement of a decent turnout and this would not have happened.

Ho hum - I'd be surprised if he makes another appearance now, frankly, however much Slade is playing it down.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Robert Codner used to do the SAME and that PISSED me right off as well :angry::angry::angry:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This has all gotten a bit ridiculous. Some people on here have got completely the wrong idea about Murray. Let's add everything up from the start shall we, and then maybe we'll understand why he feels how he does about the fans, eh?

1. From DAY ONE the fans got on his back, due to his languid style of play (similar to a certain Mr Zamora if I remember correctly), yet he got on with his job (scoring goals) and did it VERY well.

He took MILLWALL apart single-handedly last season. He is a CLASS CLASS act that we are lucky to have found.

2. He was forced out of Rochdale. Do not assume he wanted to come down here in the first place. Rochdale had to sell him. He may well have had no choice in the matter.

3. Ever since his first transfer request, he has been a model pro. Every guy on here who has met him has always said he is a top, top bloke. He gets his head down during games and is without doubt Brighton's most talented player.

4. How would you feel if your own fans were chanting "ditch your wife"? If that's not personal, I don't know what is. It wouldn't exactly endear me to my fans. I think it's completely understandable how he's reacted. He has been treated disgracefully from day one and I don't blame him at all for how he feels.

'Sake. The level of SPACKERY on here in the last few days has gone through the roof.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
My worry here is that we're turning on our own again. Remember the Carlisle manager last year who said Brighton fans could help them as they turned on their own team very quickly. Here we go again...

We don't want to be 12th man for everyone we play again, surely?

Best fans in the world my @rse.

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
This has all gotten a bit ridiculous. Some people on here have got completely the wrong idea about Murray. Let's add everything up from the start shall we, and then maybe we'll understand why he feels how he does about the fans, eh?

1. From DAY ONE the fans got on his back, due to his languid style of play (similar to a certain Mr Zamora if I remember correctly), yet he got on with his job (scoring goals) and did it VERY well.

He took MILLWALL apart single-handedly last season. He is a CLASS CLASS act that we are lucky to have found.

2. He was forced out of Rochdale. Do not assume he wanted to come down here in the first place. Rochdale had to sell him. He may well have had no choice in the matter.

3. Ever since his first transfer request, he has been a model pro. Every guy on here who has met him has always said he is a top, top bloke. He gets his head down during games and is without doubt Brighton's most talented player.

4. How would you feel if your own fans were chanting "ditch your wife"? If that's not personal, I don't know what is. It wouldn't exactly endear me to my fans. I think it's completely understandable how he's reacted. He has been treated disgracefully from day one and I don't blame him at all for how he feels.

'Sake. The level of SPACKERY on here in the last few days has gone through the roof.

Nowhere near a balanced view....Why did he disrespect his team mates by not joining the huddle?? Looking forward to your answer from on high....

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Every piece of that is utter bull shit my friend, are YOU Glenn? :rant:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
My worry here is that we're turning on our own again. Remember the Carlisle manager last year who said Brighton fans could help them as they turned on their own team very quickly. Here we go again...
That's not what he actually said. What he said was that if they could keep us quiet early on the fans could get frustrated. That is what managers of teams have been saying for many many years about every club. It's one of those things managers say. I was AMAZED at the time that people thought anything of it, I'm even moreso that people are still on about that.
We are no different to ANY other club in the country in the way we support our team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
By balanced I meant I was balancing out the totally lopsided view of him from others. Not on high at all, he's been treated disgracefully by this clubs "fans".

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
No-one chanted anything about Glenn Murray being shit. Just about his wife/girlfriend/partner which a few people laughed at. Heard it all loud and clear considering I was about 10 metres away

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
No-one chanted anything about Glenn Murray being shit. Just about his wife/girlfriend/partner which a few people laughed at. Heard it all loud and clear considering I was about 10 metres away

And how would you feel after being treated so shabbily by this clubs ‘fans’ and I’m not just talking about the recent chants (which would be bad enough if about your wife/girlfriend/partner), for some time people have been posting on here and shouting at the ground that he is ‘crap’ and/or ‘lazy’, even if meant as a joke these chants/posts would have me livid and in no way align me to the clubs ‘fans’.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I believe that this is all a storm in a teacup over absolutely nothing and the club should be left to sort it out in the way that they see fit.

More like a teacup in a storm, if you ask me (thanks Carter).

Anyway, carry on..

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Dunno if this is the "official" Murray thread, but can't be arsed to check the others.

1. He made a deliberate walk towards the away end ignoring the rest of the team. Whether or not the huddle had technically formed by this point was irrelevent, he had chosen to distance himself from his teammates.

2. He deliberately walked towards the fans, who applauded him as he did so, before at the last minute turning away. It was clearly a calculated move to wind up the fans, and I wonder how many minutes on the pitch he had wasted thinking it up.

3. There was a TINY amount of chanting by fans to do with his Mrs. Whilst I don't agree with it, it was such a f***ing minority I doubt he even heard it to be honest, I barely did. And I refuse to believe that his reaction was a spur-of-the-moment one to it, it seemed so planned out.

Can't be bothered to read through the remaining six pages of this thread, but suffice to say this post and Chesney's are spot on. Murray's actions at the end of the game were a calculated snub to teammates and supporters, I'm not entirely sure he deserves the title "professional" footballer anymore, he is anything but professional.

He got a fantastic reception when he came on, lots of positive chanting, I didn't hear any abuse at all, which makes his behaviour even more disgraceful.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can't be bothered to read through the remaining six pages of this thread, but suffice to say this post and Chesney's are spot on. Murray's actions at the end of the game were a calculated snub to teammates and supporters, I'm not entirely sure he deserves the title "professional" footballer anymore, he is anything but professional.

He got a fantastic reception when he came on, lots of positive chanting, I didn't hear any abuse at all, which makes his behaviour even more disgraceful.

Definitely. Up until that point I actually liked Murray. Now he can f*** right off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here