Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray - looks like he's heading for the PL from August 2013

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Perhaps it is Lord TB that is really to blame.

I condemn that statement. He's forked out millions upon millions of pounds into this club AND given Gus a fairly large (for BHA) transfer budget over the summer. It's not TB's fault the budget wasn't used as well as it could have been.
TB has only done wonders for BHA.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Palace will drop in the New Year when their 'billionaire 'owners realize they cant afford to get promoted

This doesn't make sense unless I've missed something? Promotion gets you a £90 million windfall.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Not so sure, he seems to be getting shitter with every game he plays. :lolol: Wigan might consider him maybe.

Have you been reading the BBS tonight Botty? You naughty swine. He has been poor last 4 games but form is temporary, class is permanent. Lucky for us Bolasie has been outstanding in recent games, just think how good we could be if we get them both firing on all cylinders!

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
This doesn't make sense unless I've missed something? Promotion gets you a £90 million windfall.

5 zero you are wasting your time mate, these people just cannot see anything thats not in blue and white, or above them !! and they ALL know someone who tells them all Palaces financial dealings, wages etc etc

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah deffo.
Those 7 goals he banged in last season underlines the point.

So this, I saw a palace fan mate of mine during the summer and he was very downbeat about his team's prospects and in particular GM. He said that he'd be happy to offload GM and the fans didn't like him because he went missing and he didn't seen committed (sound familiar?). People on this board need to wake up and realise that GM had one good season with us and has only just started to deliver for CP. Gus doesn't have a crystal ball, none of us do, and no one could predict the run of form that he has found of late. He is mercurial, and could just as soon lose his form any day now and end up back on the bench. So, as others have said, move on forget him and stop looking back with rosé tinted glasses.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace will drop in the New Year when their 'billionaire 'owners realize they cant afford to get promoted

Agreed , they cannot last the whole season with a squad which is dependent on 3 or 4 of their best players remaining injury free until May.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
At least 1 person understands the situation, if they get promoted there is a £90m windfall but you need the money initially to strengthen the squad to get that promotion.

So you're basically saying that only teams with big money can get promotion to the Premiership? Despite Blackpool, Burnley, Swansea and Norwich gaining promotion in recent years on modest budgets no bigger than ours.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
i think you can apply that to any team in this division, no one can afford to lose 4 of their best players

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No: teams with money to strengthen the squad in January, which all of those did, are the ones that get promoted. What will you do if Zaha goes to a side that wont loan him back for the rest of the season and Murray and or Bolasie got reasonably long term injuries, which is very possible. Do you have strength in depth to cover that possibility.

Fortunately we have a chairman/owner who can afford to do that if needed.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Agreed , they cannot last the whole season with a squad which is dependent on 3 or 4 of their best players remaining injury free until May.

I have to actually congratulate you Grimbo. Despite having to witness the demoralising and savage beatings that we give you year after year on the pitch, you still come back with more of your utter rubbish so fair play for that, a lesser man would have given up long ago. I can't agree with your point though as it's a bit silly. You're basically saying that Palace would be in trouble if you removed 4 of there better players. Bit silly really, take the 4 best players out of any team in this division and they'd be a tad weakened wouldn't they? Luckily, we have quality players like Gabbidon, Williams and Moritz not getting in the starting 11 and we will be adding to the squad in January as confirmed by Parish this morning. You should just accept it as it will be easier to deal with, we are a very good side and will be fighting for promotion this year, 18 games, 1 defeat says it all.

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
No: teams with money to strengthen the squad in January, which all of those did, are the ones that get promoted. What will you do if Zaha goes to a side that wont loan him back for the rest of the season and Murray and or Bolasie got reasonably long term injuries, which is very possible. Do you have strength in depth to cover that possibility.

Fortunately we have a chairman/owner who can afford to do that if needed.

No, the teams that I listed did not spend big money in the January window, check it out if you don't believe me. We don't need to spend big as we have quality cover in most areas, we do need a back up winger and a back up striker then we will be covered in every position, at present players like Jon Williams cannot get into our side and he was clearly the MOM in last years Amex game. Parish has said we will be looking to add in Jan anyway so why do you seem to think we won't be?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here