Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray - looks like he's heading for the PL from August 2013

Petbe

Nov 28, 2012
F*** me, another 2 CP twats on my ignore list. Do they not have a forum of their own? Surely if we all ignore them then they will simply f*** off?

We love it on this forum as nearly all the posts are about CPFC and CPFC players. Also I love baiting the few remaining Brighton fans here, they never disappoint. It's just so entertaining.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seems quite apt that we play in the same colours as Barcalona, some of the passing football this year has been outstanding!

P.s have you seen your away kit? ???

yes our away ist great but ur monstrosity is in a LG of its own. u can only dream of playing a style of barca/Brighton tbh but ur doing well this yr. bit sad the amount of (I assume plastics / glory hunters) he fans on our message boards tho.. esp when I've just conceded last minute today. really do
wish the palace on here were banned zzzzz

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We love it on this forum as nearly all the posts are about CPFC and CPFC players. Also I love baiting the few remaining Brighton fans here, they never disappoint. It's just so entertaining.

u really need a life mate. where were u lot on here when u lost first 4 .some serious scrum in need of a life... didn't u concede last min today haha oddball

Petbe

Nov 28, 2012
yes our away ist great but ur monstrosity is in a LG of its own. u can only dream of playing a style of barca/Brighton tbh but ur doing well this yr. bit sad the amount of (I assume plastics / glory hunters) he fans on our message boards tho.. esp when I've just conceded last minute today. really do

See what I mean? Rather difficult to understand, but if you have the patience it's top value entertainment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
See what I mean? Rather difficult to understand, but if you have the patience it's top value entertainment.

not baiting at all pal I potty those with such sad lives.. u know u said the few Brighton fans left... well... best u check attendance figs lol embarrassment club

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
So this, I saw a palace fan mate of mine during the summer and he was very downbeat about his team's prospects and in particular GM. He said that he'd be happy to offload GM and the fans didn't like him because he went missing and he didn't seen committed (sound familiar?). People on this board need to wake up and realise that GM had one good season with us and has only just started to deliver for CP. Gus doesn't have a crystal ball, none of us do, and no one could predict the run of form that he has found of late. He is mercurial, and could just as soon lose his form any day now and end up back on the bench. So, as others have said, move on forget him and stop looking back with rosé tinted glasses.

Sensible post unlike most of the rest of the stupidity posted on the subject.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Except your passing style isn't very Barca-esque is it? You mearly pass it from Greer to El Abd, he then passes to Bridge who knocks it back to El Abd, then back onto Greer, then onto Bruno, then back to Greer and so on and so on. Your fans then positively wet themselves that you're an amazing passing team that dominates most sides with a 65% share of possession most weeks when in reality your style often doesn't carve open teams or leave them trailing in your wake and most of the high possession stats you get comes from the opposition allowing your defence to have the ball and doing nothing of any threat to them.

So this, I saw a palace fan mate of mine during the summer and he was very downbeat about his team's prospects and in particular GM. He said that he'd be happy to offload GM and the fans didn't like him because he went missing and he didn't seen committed (sound familiar?). People on this board need to wake up and realise that GM had one good season with us and has only just started to deliver for CP. Gus doesn't have a crystal ball, none of us do, and no one could predict the run of form that he has found of late. He is mercurial, and could just as soon lose his form any day now and end up back on the bench. So, as others have said, move on forget him and stop looking back with rosé tinted glasses.
All I can say is that your Palace mate don't know what he speak off, innit?
Those of us who appreciate good footballers could see how good Our Glenn is.
We saw it when he played for you. We just didn't like admitting it. Well I did cos I am lovely like that, I am.
Freedman was playing him all wrong from the start but Holloway ain't.
I never realised how good he was in the air. What a tremendous header of the ball!
I have a very good mate who has an ST at your place and he told me about Our Glenn's 'bad attitude!'
I can only put that down to piss poor man management on your lots part.
We love him here.
Your loss is most definitely our gain.
Fanx very much.

Oh and as for Zaha, I see you lot slagging him as you would. Indeed as we would slag a special player of yours.....but how could we slag Our Glenn....tee hee hee.
But I digress, Zaha seems to have let the England call up and big money move affect him of late.
I would like us to cash in on him now. As long as we replace him with another pacey winger.
Who I would hate most to lose is Yannick Bollaise.
Better than Zaha.
You Mark Miwurdz.

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
Here are some interesting stats for you all:

Since signing for their respective clubs (league games only)

CMS:
Apps: 63
Open-play goals: 17
Pens: 2

Open-play goals per game: 0.27

Murray:
Apps: 53
Open-play goals: 15
Pens: 8

Open-play goals per game: 0.28

NSC love to judge strikers purely on goals scored, and taking penalties out of the equation Murray and CMS have a similar return. Obviously CMS cost several million and murray was free, and there are other aspects of their play to consider, but i thought it was interesting. Make of it what you will.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
still talking about Murray??

well, at least all of NSC agrees he's good now. When he played for us, people weren't always so complimentary.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If Murray gets to the Premier League then fair play to him. He's in a rich vein of form and improved his game further. Grant Holt spent a few seasons with Rochdale and I don't think too many people could have predicted around that time he'd be playing in the top flight with Norwich and scoring goals regularly at the age of 31.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

CMS:

Murray:

NSC love to judge strikers purely on goals scored, and taking penalties out of the equation Murray and CMS have a similar return. Obviously CMS cost several million and murray was free, and there are other aspects of their play to consider, but i thought it was interesting. Make of it what you will.

Personally, I would include penalties, goals are goals after all.
If a goalie let in a penalty in a 1-0 defeat, would that be classed as a clean sheet ?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

CMS:

Murray:

Also Murray and his agent would have had a signing on fee etc and CMS missed quite a few games from a injury.

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
Personally, I would include penalties, goals are goals after all.
If a goalie let in a penalty in a 1-0 defeat, would that be classed as a clean sheet ?

Of course not, but I think when comparing goals scored stats for strikers penalties can skew the stats somewhat. For example, if two players, player A and player B, have scored the same amount of goals from the same amount of games but 50% of player B's goals have been penalties, would it be fair to say they are equally as good when it comes to scoring? A good professional striker should find penalties a simple task to score (try telling our strikers that!), so perhaps player A who has had no 'easy' penalties to help boost his tally is a better player? But then there are other aspects like perhaps all of player B's penalties were as a result of him being denied goalscoring chances, etc etc. Anyway, in this situation, it makes for a more interesting stat by not including penalties, simple as that! And by including them Murray's ratio is much better, and we can't be having that now can we? :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here