Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray - looks like he's heading for the PL from August 2013

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Cardiff and CP have a relentless attacking style, and are heading for the PL.

Cardiff have done this with an expensively assembled and highly paid squad, and CP have done it with buttons.

I wonder if Poyet will go to his grave arguing that Murray wasn't good enough to deserve that (low Championship) pay package, he sought? Murray continues to be a class footballer and striker, just as he was for the Albion.

We're not half-way through the season yet, so there's plenty of time for either or both to screw it up.

And who is this murray bloke that everyone is always on about. There's no point talking about what might have been.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Poyet has never said that. He said that AT THE TIME, we couldn't afford to pay him that wage.
I wouldn't beleive a word that Gus says about the Murray saga. Poyet found Murray a handful, and they clashed. Manager moved him on. Simple as that. Not Poyets 1st or 21st ball up where transfers are concerned.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
yes our away ist great but ur monstrosity is in a LG of its own. u can only dream of playing a style of barca/Brighton tbh but ur doing well this yr. bit sad the amount of (I assume plastics / glory hunters) he fans on our message boards tho.. esp when I've just conceded last minute today. really do
wish the palace on here were banned zzzzz

could we have that again but in English please?

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
u really need a life mate. where were u lot on here when u lost first 3 .some serious scrum in need of a life... didn't u concede last min today haha oddball

yeah a 2 -2 draw..remind me of the score at the Valley..wasn't it 2 - 2?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well good for you lot. I have to keep reminding myself that attendances win you points and promotion!:tosser:

Well, each ticket sold accounts for an additional £20-30 for the club to spend on players' wages and training facilities. So I suppose, albeit in a convoluted way, attendances do win you points and promotion in the long run.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Well, each ticket sold accounts for an additional £20-30 for the club to spend on players' wages and training facilities. So I suppose, albeit in a convoluted way, attendances do win you points and promotion in the long run.

Not if you waste that money on centre forwards who run alot but can't shoot or over the hill spaniards who don't play..

Oct 12, 2012

Of course the logic behind this is correct. But lets be honest it does not mean guaranteed promotion etc. Look at Leeds for instance. I know not all your fans bang on about attendances but to the ones that do (such as the major) it just smacks of desperation. Trying to cling on to something you beat us at bar the actual scoreline! And I would rather have 12-15,000 Palace than 26,000 of your lot any day

:clap2:

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
There is a chance, just a chance, that Gus is being completely honest about not being able to afford his demands at that time.

I believe him anyway, I suspect that the budget available at that time was before the 11/12 budget was available to him. Perhaps it is Lord TB that is really to blame.

Albion have had the stall set out for ten years, to be frugal enough to stay in business, and be stable.
What lost our club before, to lying moneygrubbing scum, was 'the other' way to pay for a club.

Sensible running for a longer tenure takes intelligence and care.

Palace only have to sell Zaha and Bolasie to balance their books.
We don't need to sell anyone except the players we don't wish to keep.
This might result in palace having a go at Prem footy before us
, but they'll need to keep growing home talent.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I truly love Glenn Murray.
He is brilliant!
I honestly can't believe we got him on a free........nil.
Poyet should be sacked for that alone!

March is going to be great - you out of the promotion race and Murray Mints walking out in front of a 30k baying Gaymex crowd thinking "I can't believe I traded this dream for Shithurst Park and its 12,600 hardcore fans, even if they are real, proper football fans." It'll be like Michael Owen going back to Old Trafford with Stoke City, or Berbatov returning there with Fulham.

Oct 12, 2012
March is going to be great - you out of the promotion race and Murray Mints walking out in front of a 30k baying Gaymex crowd thinking "I can't believe I traded this dream for Shithurst Park and its 12,600 hardcore fans, even if they are real, proper football fans." It'll be like Michael Owen going back to Old Trafford with Stoke City, or Berbatov returning there with Fulham.

Have you actually just compared yourself to Man United? hahahahahahahahah

:tosser:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Lets be honest. He enjoyed his last visit to the Amex. And I think he will enjoy his next one! :amex:

He certainly will, although he might shit himself, not being accustomed to playing in front of so many fans. When he does score at least we know he'll respect BHA/disrespect Palace as usual by refusing to celebrate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here