Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
What options do we have? Murray, Barnes or Holroyd...

Barnes for me.

He has shown that he can finish.

Thats why we need someone new for next season. Barnes didn't do too well when Murray was suspended, but has done well coming off the bench in a 4-4-2. Will be interesting to see what Gus does on Saturday.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
If you look on Soccerbase Muzza has a better goals per game ratio than Fozzie - I think he's got 31 league goals in 62 appearances for the Albion! He also hit a goal every 2 league games for Rochdale.

He's still scored consistently in a period when we've struggled and he has reportedly benn unhappy or injured If Murray stays fit and happy for an entire season and he gets even better players around him then he must be good for 25+ in a season, especially if Gus can unearth someone that suits his style.
Indeed, I don't think a lot people realise just how prolific he is, even with all his misses. If he put away the majority of his chances, his scoring record would be quite frankly ridiculous - and he wouldn't be playing in L1.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Thats why we need someone new for next season. Barnes didn't do too well when Murray was suspended, but has done well coming off the bench in a 4-4-2. Will be interesting to see what Gus does on Saturday.

We've had comments of high praise to comments that suggest we should sell him quick but I think Murray is a very good footballer who holds up the ball very well.

I don't think he has an easy job up front on his own and as fleet said Barnes looks better in a 4-4-2 then in a 4-5-1. Barnes has pace and he could be the man to create the space for Muzza by occupying defenders. We don't have an attacking midfielder so only having 1 striker limits our options going forward and makes it easier for teams to cancel us out.

If you think back to the way we played against Southampton for Gus's first game we had width going forward and players causing their defence problems. The story of our season maybe that we needed to be more clinical as we created lots of chances but didn't score enough goals.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What options do we have? Murray, Barnes or Holroyd...

Barnes for me.

He has shown that he can finish.

Swear last home people were moaning about Murray being out because Barnes had to take his place. Murray can finish as his goals this season and his general record with us show.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Like everyone connected with the Albion, I'm getting sick of seeing us outplay the opposition but failing to win. We've been saying for a long time now that we are going to give some side a proper hiding. We are so obviously better than the likes of Hartlepool, Carlisle, Gillingham and, yes, Southampton, yet we can't beat them. We are so obviously better than Southend. But will we beat them?

As for Murray, Southend might be fearing a backlash from him, so let's hope that Gus doesn't drop him for Saturday. I wouldn't put it past him to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here