Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
With a really good 20+ a season man alongside him, Murray will be excellent next year. Not on his own in a 4-5-1

We need to spend qite a bit to get that Striker in though, no more REvells, Dickinson, Davies, Holroyd etc...

8 points from safety, one more win (Saturday?) and we'll be fine.

Big clearout in the Summer me thinks.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Dont blame murray, blame the posts at the beginning of the thread saying we will win 3-0 because to be frank we haven't.

In honesty Murray just had a bad night, the fact he made more and more mistakes made it more likely for him not to get a goal by pure frustration. Plus Gillingham were pretty relentless in how they supported, For the first time in my life, I swear I could hear Brighton fans less.

should blame the posts for not being far enough apart for Savo to score:lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Put Murray alongside a QUALITY striker with a full season together and he will get 20+ goals.

Bad day at the office today. Doesn't change the fact he is a class act at League One level.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
With a really good 20+ a season man alongside him, Murray will be excellent next year. Not on his own in a 4-5-1

We need to spend qite a bit to get that Striker in though, no more REvells, Dickinson, Davies, Holroyd etc...

8 points from safety, one more win (Saturday?) and we'll be fine
Big clearout in the Summer me thinks.

I agree. It's funny how so many people say/said give Holroyd more chances, Revell more chances, Davies more chances blah blah when fans like us can clearly see after 5 games that they're not up to scratch if we really want to challenge. Why so many others can't see it until they've joined Farrington, Graham Barrett etc e.g. had 20 games (as a striker) and not scored I'll never know.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray will score at Southend then all of a sudden he will be a hero again!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sounds like he had a 'mare' tonight. I still love* him though.

* in a manly possibly brotherly type of way

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Shit at penalties? He scored one at Elland Road. Now THAT, was pressure. :thumbsup:

I love Glenn Murray, and have since he arrived. I proudly don my Murray 17 shirt for home games and will big him up whenever neccessary. But for the last month or so, I've been thoroughly underwhelmed by him. He's off form, that's all it is. All the criticism of him is completely knee-jerk, and not thinking about the bigger picture. How long was it he turned the Tranmere centre half inside out before curling a beauty into the far corner?

The REAL Glenn Murray will show himself soon. :)

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Put Murray alongside a QUALITY striker with a full season together and he will get 20+ goals.

Bad day at the office today. Doesn't change the fact he is a class act at League One level.

The last three games have been bad days at the office!

Coming back to Murray I too have been frustrated with him recently how he isn't scoring, but still we need to get behind him as he won't have much confidence on saturday and he will score soon, surely.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Tonight was a typical experience in being a brighton fan. If tonight's game was anyone's first then that's exactly what it's like 30 years on. So you might want to reconsider wearing that Chelsea shirt in the playground kids! :falmer:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
there really are some right gruntfuckers that masquerade as Brighton and hove albion fans, i know everybody is entitled to thier opinion , and thats mine

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
2 games without a goal and suddenly everyone things he's a twat.

Same old NSC.

Brighton fans really are pricks.

No, apart from the thread-starter, yours is the only over reaction so far. It's been quite reasoned arguments actually, most people stating, with some evidence, that it's been really frustrating and PERHAPS Murray isn't the CLINICAL striker to propell us to championship? He does have flaws you know, what's wrong in debating them (e.g. lengthy injuries, disciplinary record, 12months at home without a goal, scores once but often misses 3 sitters that prove costly come the frequent last 5min goals other teams get playing us....)? Doesn't mean people think he's shit, just perhaps not in the same class as say Lambert who will be firing Soton's challenge next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here