Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
The last time he had a good game was at Wycombe and before that it was Southampton, he's to inconsistent he hasn't scored enough goals this season and hasn't shown that he's worth £300,000 yet, BUT that's my opinion, i don't know how he still has all your support, after all I've seen of him I've just lost my faith in him, maybe I'm missing something...The only thing t the moment that i see good with him is his touch, but the formation isn't showing that off to its best, but it didn't when he was playing 4-4-2 when he was with Forster, i just think this club isn't for him maybe he will do better some where else..

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think Murray will ever get more than 15 goals a season, maybe up to 20 if doesn't get injured. He needs a partner than will work well with him and score the 25-30 goals needed to fire a promotion charge.

Finding that partner to complement Murray's style will be pretty tricky though

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
im sorry to bring this back up but murray will never be a natural goalscorer like nicky forster .
Spot on. We already have a good League one striker. Shame he is playing for a promotion seeking club!!!

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
No, apart from the thread-starter, yours is the only over reaction so far. It's been quite reasoned arguments actually, most people stating, with some evidence, that it's been really frustrating and PERHAPS Murray isn't the CLINICAL striker to propell us to championship? He does have flaws you know, what's wrong in debating them (e.g. lengthy injuries, disciplinary record, 12months at home without a goal, scores once but often misses 3 sitters that prove costly come the frequent last 5min goals other teams get playing us....)? Doesn't mean people think he's shit, just perhaps not in the same class as say Lambert who will be firing Soton's challenge next season.

I totally agree with everything you've said there (apart from the bit about often missing a few sitters - I can only remember him missing them in the last 2 games he's played!)

The beginning of this thread starts with "Glen Murray is shit" which isn't really a well reasoned argument.

I think Murray is a good player but needs a Holt or a Beckford alongside him if we're gonna get out of this league, unfortunately.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
im sorry to bring this back up but murray will never be a natural goalscorer like nicky forster .
Spot on. We already have a good League one striker. Shame he is playing for a promotion seeking club!!!

Yep, NF was our proven goalscorer. Lets up GM becomes one next season because he ain't there yet. For sure.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I totally agree with everything you've said there (apart from the bit about often missing a few sitters - I can only remember him missing them in the last 2 games he's played!)

The beginning of this thread starts with "Glen Murray is shit" which isn't really a well reasoned argument.

I think Murray is a good player but needs a Holt or a Beckford alongside him if we're gonna get out of this league, unfortunately.

:thumbsup: Norwich & Colchester were a couple of frustrating matches to watch Murray play in I seem to remember. And there have been others.

I was at the Carlisle v Leeds match tonight, and Beckford is not so well admired any more by them. They think he's lazy and can't be bothered, no good in a challenge or in the air. Do we need another Glen Murray? Perhaps a different kind of player who grafts - a Zamora II

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot remember Murray missing a penalty for us so is this the first one. The Gillingham central defenders shit themselves everytime he got the ball in the first half and we should have capitalised on that then but we didnt and paid the price. We shouldnt have needed the penalty to secure a win because we had enough chances to wrap the game up and not all of them falling to Murray.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Just back from the game and Murray didn't have a bad game as such since he got into several decent goalscoring positions. Unfortunately he was wearing someone elses feet tonight and couldn't finish when we really needed him to. On another day he would have had a hatrick or more. Never mind Glen, better luck next game. Arismendi on the other hand was complete toss, couldn't pass, gave away free kicks, all over the place position wise, no pace, couldn't jump he really did not have a cluse and was embarrassing. he was chasing shadows all night and couldn't even find his own! Lots of mocking cheers when he went off. A big big mistake from Gus tonight starting with him and then not being brave enough to sub him at half time when it was clear he was the worst player on the park. Back to Stoke and stay there - £2.6 million wasted on that performance.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I cannot remember Murray missing a penalty for us so is this the first one. The Gillingham central defenders shit themselves everytime he got the ball in the first half and we should have capitalised on that then but we didnt and paid the price. We shouldnt have needed the penalty to secure a win because we had enough chances to wrap the game up and not all of them falling to Murray.

No but three in open play with no one else around bar the keeper. He was very poor tonight and for his sake needs to step up.

Tonight showed exactly where the team needs strengthening, a centre back (Virgo was worse than ever, unbelievably slow and out of position), a left back (we so miss Painter) and a goal scorer. Also Gus could save the club some dosh by sending that awful Stoke chap back and Hoyte back to Arsenal.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I think Murray is a decent striker with good techincal ability, but there is no doubt he is not a natural goal-scorer.

I sometimes have a quick look at opposition forums after games and recently I have seen (notably after Colchester and tonight) plenty of comments along the lines of "if Brighton had a decent striker we would have been hammered."

It sounds like he wasn't at his best tonight and although I like him as a player, I think he may be off in the summer, especially if we have good money to spend on a striker.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Arismendi on the other hand was complete toss, couldn't pass, gave away free kicks, all over the place position wise, no pace, couldn't jump he really did not have a cluse and was embarrassing. he was chasing shadows all night and couldn't even find his own! Lots of mocking cheers when he went off. A big big mistake from Gus tonight starting with him and then not being brave enough to sub him at half time when it was clear he was the worst player on the park. Back to Stoke and stay there - £2.6 million wasted on that performance.

Totally agree, I've seen nothing from him in his performances so far to suggest he is any good at all - Navarro is a far better bet.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Moan moan whinge whinge. Funny never see you posting any postive stuff about the albion.
:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:

Then you either can't read or have very selective Reading skills, your cut and paste on this one being an example. Idiot.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Is Sh!t..

Are you 12? Is it half-term?

Glenn Murray is an excellent footballer and an all-round good egg.

He may have had a bad game last night but doesn't everyone occasionally? He's a human being, not a machine.

Personally, I think he plays better in a 4-4-2 and he flourished alongside Forster.

An experienced head in tandem with him next season and we'll be in clover.

Gus'll get the best out of him.

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
Are you 12? Is it half-term?

Glenn Murray is an excellent footballer and an all-round good egg.

He may have had a bad game last night but doesn't everyone occasionally? He's a human being, not a machine.

Personally, I think he plays better in a 4-4-2 and he flourished alongside Forster.

An experienced head in tandem with him next season and we'll be in clover.

Gus'll get the best out of him.

Wow showing your maturity there, he's had 2 good games all season where he has shown his potential, but these games don't come around enough for him to be considered in GP squad next season IMO.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Never been a fan of murray as he spends to much time on the floor:D
Reminds me of berbatov as both have a very lazy ways about them.Def need two quality strikers next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here