Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Who would you like or do you think will headline 2025?

I think they will look to give one night over to a big crowd pleaser so I think possibly Ed Sheeran?
I'd also like to see Olivia Rodrigo headline, she ticks a lot of the boxes in a female artist, popular with the youth and she's a fairly traditional artist with some rock/pop vibes and she's very, very good.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
In fairness to her The National were I believe on the other stage at a similar time, so there was a great alternative.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
In fairness to her The National were I believe on the other stage at a similar time, so there was a great alternative.
James Blake and London grammar were also on at the same time. But sza absolutely destroys those 3 in sales numbers.

Think she should be given a lot more respect, her albums have transcended genres seamlessly. Her lyrics are very well respected and she's won a Grammy. Her 2 albums have massive critical acclaim. People have just judged her by her looks and assumed she's a generic rnb singer.

She's a man hater though so I don't love her music !!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's played the Legends slot before, and a couple of other Glasto appearances too.
Okay, let’s just say my point is we haven’t run out of music legends to perform 45 mins at a festival. There’s plenty of ageing musicians looking for a big payday for smashing out their hits with a session band behind them.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Nailed it. SZA may be big with the urban Kids but that just isnt Glastos core demographic. I usually avoid the Pyramid because I prefer leftfield stuff but the line up overall on that stage was dreadful this year with the exception of 3 or 4 acts. They also seem to have gone for a strategy of hiring almost every DJ on the dance circuit for a small fee and couple of spare tickets to pad the line up overall and keep things lively till 7am with people spending loads more on booze as they stay up. I love Blok 9 and Shangri la so not complaining but there is a clear shift in programming strategy toward late night entertainment over live main day stuff over the last 10 years.
Do you know what has happened to the William's Green stage? That used to be favourite stage, with smaller indie-type bands, but I hear it's now called Terminal 1 and is aimed at international/world music acts. Is there any equivalent new stage? It does seem to be getting ever more dance and late-night orientated.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Do you know what has happened to the William's Green stage? That used to be favourite stage, with smaller indie-type bands, but I hear it's now called Terminal 1 and is aimed at international/world music acts. Is there any equivalent new stage? It does seem to be getting ever more dance and late-night orientated.
Williams Green basically became unmanageable on the Thursdays. As there was very little on elsewhere on that day and it became known as the secret set tent (Everything, Everything, Mel C, Bastille), things got a bit dangerous and they decided to move Carhenge down there and do something new instead.

I got trapped in a crush there in 2017 and it was crap. Couldn't get near the tent, couldn't leave the area.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who would you like or do you think will headline 2025?
More who I think than who I'd want;

Taylor Swift
A "Rock" Band so either Oasis or someone like Depeche Mode or U2
Ed Sheeran

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Taylor Swift
Ed Sheeran
As a prospective set of headliners, that would undoubtedly pack out the Pyramid across the Fri, Sat and Sun. But at the same time it is also undoubtedly too white and too male so on that basis, an unlikely line-up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Taylor Swift
Ed Sheeran

They can't afford Taylor Swift, the stars were pretty much aligned for this year with her Eras tour in the UK at the same time , I'm sure they would have approached her but I don't think she'd even do a fart for the money Glastonbury offers and not like she needs the publicity of headlining.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As a prospective set of headliners, that would undoubtedly pack out the Pyramid across the Fri, Sat and Sun. But at the same time it is also undoubtedly too white and too male so on that basis, an unlikely line-up.
Good point.

Who though? Billie Eilish has done it too recently, maybe Olivia Rodrigo instead of Taylor Swift.

In terms of someone non-white, who is due a Glasto headline?

The Weeknd? Rihanna?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Williams Green basically became unmanageable on the Thursdays. As there was very little on elsewhere on that day and it became known as the secret set tent (Everything, Everything, Mel C, Bastille), things got a bit dangerous and they decided to move Carhenge down there and do something new instead.

I got trapped in a crush there in 2017 and it was crap. Couldn't get near the tent, couldn't leave the area.
That was only for the Thursday night shows though. Otherwise it was a great 'little' stage and not always crowded. Saw some great smaller bands there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here