Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Am I in the right place to say Coldplay are shit?

IMG_4349.jpeg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Fantastic festival so far, although I haven't seen many or any of the main stage headliners.
Thursday we had a walk around the site and Spent the evening around the campfire in Tipi Fields. Spent both Friday/Saturday evening at the new Arcadia stage, which has a fantastic soundsystem. Haai b2b KiKi and Amelie Lens both providing some dark techno on Friday and a fun set from Barry Can't Swim followed by Eric Prydz on Saturday.

In terms of live music Lankum (Irish folk) were fantastic if you can catch in on iPlayer. I also enjoyed High Vis, a hadcore/punk band.

I will say that the late night areas of the festival are getting dangerously overwhelmed despite best attempts to spread the load around the site. As it becomes more of a dance focussed festival it is attracting more and more young people who are predominantly there for the nights out. Walking around the south east corner at 4am this morning and it was still rammed even at that time. The ridiculous crowds take away some of the enjoyment for me, it is was too much sometimes.

Also they keep scheduling acts who are obviously going to get a massive crowd (Sugababes/Barry can't Swim) without having any other big or in the moment acts who spread capacity meaning they become stupidly busy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I think I may be 40 years too old for this stuff now.

If I tried get down wiv da kidz I would probably do my back in.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Seems @dwayne has a gig writing for the Metro

This doesn't really sound very dwayne does it now....

This year we’re going even smaller and heading to BugJam – a car-themed festival at Santa Pod Raceway where a full weekend ticket has set us back just over £100 each for a full weekend including camping.

No, Coldplay won’t be there, but we also didn’t have to save up for months to buy a ticket, then spend a weekend wondering if it really was worth it.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
This doesn't really sound very dwayne does it now....

This year we’re going even smaller and heading to BugJam – a car-themed festival at Santa Pod Raceway where a full weekend ticket has set us back just over £100 each for a full weekend including camping.

No, Coldplay won’t be there, but we also didn’t have to save up for months to buy a ticket, then spend a weekend wondering if it really was worth it.

Excellent look at me I’m going on holiday in England post :smile:

But camping Dwayne? Really?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I will say that the late night areas of the festival are getting dangerously overwhelmed despite best attempts to spread the load around the site. As it becomes more of a dance focussed festival it is attracting more and more young people who are predominantly there for the nights out. Walking around the south east corner at 4am this morning and it was still rammed even at that time. The ridiculous crowds take away some of the enjoyment for me, it is was too much sometimes.
It's been like that for a while and the last few times I've been I've avoided going anywhere near that corner late at night - it's a nightmare. Better off just going back to the tent and chillin' (at my age at least!)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I’m happy for those that enjoy being there and have the energy but it’s be too much for me personally now. I’ll enjoy it from the safety of my TV

My one day at Victorious was tailor made for me.

Quiet roads and relatively quiet pubs en route.

The Divine Comedy
Belle And Sebastian
Inspiral Carpets
Shame
Kaiser Chiefs
Badly Drawn Boy
Kasabian.

Short queue for beer, food and bogs

Missed a 3-0 home defeat.

Short walk back to a Premier Inn

Likewise I preferred Leicester, Stoke etc away to say, Man United or Liverpool.

I still like fun, but I’m getting old

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two things. One, I don't 'hate' cold play. I watched a bit of their set yesterday and I literally can't remember a note of it. I am of course familiar with Chris Martin but I couldn't describe what he looks like. He's a man, and I think he's Caucasian. That's it.

I can't remember what the other thing was.
Really really hard to hate Coldplay. If you must have to have a biggest band on the planet I want something just like this

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m happy for those that enjoy being there and have the energy but it’s be too much for me personally now. I’ll enjoy it from the safety of my TV

My one day at Victorious was tailor made for me.

Quiet roads and relatively quiet pubs en route.

The Divine Comedy
Belle And Sebastian
Inspiral Carpets
Shame
Kaiser Chiefs
Badly Drawn Boy
Kasabian.

Short queue for beer, food and bogs

Missed a 3-0 home defeat.

Short walk back to a Premier Inn

Likewise I preferred Leicester, Stoke etc away to say, Man United or Liverpool.

I still like fun, but I’m getting old
I last went to Glastonbury 10 years ago. I went the first year I lived abroad but it proved to be too difficult going from a foreign country so I sadly stopped. That year they also closed the camp area we used and filled it with an internal wholesale market which pushed us to another camp zone which was disappointing. I still think it’s the best festival around though. Sonar in Barcelona and MELT partly filled the void as the annual festival; we also went to others as one offs. Sonar is a superb festival if you’re into electronic music and sunshine, but neither come close. Sonar also means a city center hotel which is nice.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I last went to Glastonbury 10 years ago. I went the first year I lived abroad but it proved to be too difficult going from a foreign country so I sadly stopped. That year they also closed the camp area we used and filled it with an internal wholesale market which pushed us to another camp zone which was disappointing. I still think it’s the best festival around though. Sonar in Barcelona and MELT partly filled the void. Sonar is a superb festival if you’re into electronic music and sunshine, but neither come close. Sonar also means a city center hotel which is nice.
Have you been to Fusion? My favourite festival I think.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have you been to Fusion? My favourite festival I think.
Not yet, it has been on the radar for some time but we have never actually got there. But, it ticks a lot of boxes for us.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Justice is going to be LOUD if anyone is still wondering what to do tonight. Soundcheck was full on.
I have tickets to see them in December. They always bring the party!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here