Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pet Shop Boys. This is absolutely the BEST thing of Glastonbury I've ever seen.

Noel was wonderful last night, but this is....oh man. Its immense. I can't shake this stupid grin. SO good.

I’d forgotten how good the PSB are. The slow start has probably helped

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pet Shop Boys. This is absolutely the BEST thing of Glastonbury I've ever seen.

Noel was wonderful last night, but this is....oh man. Its immense. I can't shake this stupid grin. SO good.

Watching it with my teenage daughter, she thinks it’s fantastic.

Tennant & Lowe simply know how to put on a great show. Lucky live audience.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I’m hoping the PSBs reword west end girls to:

There’s a German man in blue and white
Crossing balls from left and right
Pascal Gross
Da da da da
Pascal Gross
Da da da da

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm loving PSB's version of Portslade.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
An epic set and a perfect end to the festival.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
[Except for the nsc lurkers, scared to post just now, who think synths/drum machines aren’t music. PSB haters]

I gave them a fair go - more than I gave them in the 80's and onwards and I still can't stand them, vocally or synth/drum 'musically', and happy to pop my head over the parapet. :D Not a patch on Macca, but probably the best of a poor bunch on the closing day.
My tent would already be packed, and the car loaded, if I'd been there. :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ah well, that’s it for another year. Still, plenty to catch up on via the iplayer over the next few days and weeks.

It did strike me this weekend that watching Glastonbury in the virtual company of NSC always makes a massive difference to the whole experience, compared to just watching it by myself. I love all the different comments and opinions and recommendations for stuff I’d never normally catch. It’s like having the ideal, real-time guide to the Festival.

See you all on the NSC Pyramid Stage next year.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I gave them a fair go - more than I gave them in the 80's and onwards and I still can't stand them, vocally or synth/drum 'musically', and happy to pop my head over the parapet. :D Not a patch on Macca, but probably the best of a poor bunch on the closing day.
My tent would already be packed, and the car loaded, if I'd been there. :)

I love them both. Brought up on 60’s and 70’s music (thanks Dad :bowdown:), then imho I got lucky by being a teen in the whole Synthwave thing.

Everyone, it seems, has a special passion for the music they adored at that ‘hormones all over the place’ period of their life.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I love them both. Brought up on 60’s and 70’s music (thanks Dad :bowdown:), then imho I got lucky by being a teen in the whole Synthwave thing.

Everyone, it seems, has a special passion for the music they adored at that ‘hormones all over the place’ period of their life.

Yeah, I was in my 20's by the 80's and was still 'discovering' all the sounds of the 60's and 70's that I'd missed. I just never 'got' electronic/synth stuff from that era, even though I've tried.
Still, it's always good to see folk enjoying themselves and a mate of mine posted on Facebook that he'd "Turned off the lights and was having a Galaxy Easter egg..." that he'd saved for a special occasion, and the PSB tonight was that occasion. :D
He's nearly 50......going on 15. :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, I was in my 20's by the 80's and was still 'discovering' all the sounds of the 60's and 70's that I'd missed. I just never 'got' electronic/synth stuff from that era, even though I've tried.
Still, it's always good to see folk enjoying themselves and a mate of mine posted on Facebook that he'd "Turned off the lights and was having a Galaxy Easter egg..." that he'd saved for a special occasion, and the PSB tonight was that occasion. :D
He's nearly 50......going on 15. :)

I enjoyed the PSB’s incredible performance to:

D54E7715-3467-48C2-9DAE-B09C597C48FE.png

Finishing off, whilst watching selected recorded highlights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here