Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2022 line up

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I genuinely came to this set with an open mind but I’ve had enough. It’s dull as ****

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
I told my kids to stay up and watch one of the greatest ever songwriters ply his trade. I get he’s 80 - but why have the greatest ever catologue at your disposal and do this? Terrible.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I told my kids to stay up and watch one of the greatest ever songwriters ply his trade. I get he’s 80 - but why have the greatest ever catologue at your disposal and do this? Terrible.

I just got up and went outside as I thought there were foxes fighting in the garden again, then realised it was Macca singing Maybe I’m Amazed :moo:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp backing the greatest living song writer of a generation. Some people will never be happy.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Tbh he had 2 hours to fill. I’m sure they will role out the classics shortly. The crowd are going to be bored shitless.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The problem with McCartney (as with another great songwriter in Elton John) is they still try and sing songs like they’re 40, but the vocals no longer work. Compare this to someone like Tom Jones (who has a better voice to start with, admittedly) who has changed his singing style as he’s got older and still bangs as a result.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The problem with McCartney (as with another great songwriter in Elton John) is they still try and sing songs like they’re 40, but the vocals no longer work. Compare this to someone like Tom Jones (who has a better voice to start with, admittedly) who has changed his singing style as he’s got older and still bangs as a result.

Leonard Cohen managed it too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Horrendous but then he just played my favourite Beatles song, "I've Just Seen A Face".

I'm a sucker like that, I love that song.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Tom Jones is bloody brilliant live.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Ffs he's 80. Give him a little respect.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp backing the greatest living song writer of a generation. Some people will never be happy.

Greatest living songwriter of a generation is highly questionable.
He can’t sing any more.
Feeble choice of material.
I think the expression is “living on past glories”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here